• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

All people saying that The Rock is the second biggest star of all time surpassed SCSA

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonecoldhell

Occasional Pre-Show
Many people on internet saying that The Rock is the second biggest star of all time and has surpassed Steve Austin.

That his career and lifespan have surpassed him and the longevity and popularity.

Has The Rock surpassed Austin?

I don't agree with Rock fans, never will. But some people say that The Rock surpassed Austin at 2002.

Did The Rock surpassed Austin in 1999? No, just only in sales/ratings

Did The Rock surpassed Austin in 2002? No.

Did The Rock surpassed Austin in 2014? Nooo.....?

Stone Cold is loved because he never used politics, as much as HBK and Triple H did. Stone Cold was a great guy behind the scene and was never that hard to work with.

Why have all of you changed your mind about this, has The Rock surpassed Austin in popularity??

To answer all of your questions, I would say it's based on your own criteria of who you think is the best. Personally I don't listen to what others say, I make up my own mind.

Some might say Austin is the best, because the Austin Era helped the WWE win the Monday Night wars. Yes the Rock helped, but people tuned into to what Vince and Stone Cold would get up too, at least I did.

Is the Rock a bigger movie star? I don't think you can say he isn't that's a fact, but when it comes to wrestling, everyone will have their own opinions. It doesn't matter what how a magazine would rate them, most of their lists are crap anyway, or what the IWC says. If you think that Stone Cold was the best then that's all that counts. And depending on how popular his is, depends on who your talking to at the time.

I would say they are both up there in terms of popularity along with a host of others.

The Rock has surpassed everyone, even Hogan.

While Hogan did catalyse wrestling and the WWF into a phenomenon, he is forever associated with the "Hogan Era", being an 80's/90's thing. Austin is forever a 90's thing... only The Rock has actually continued to grow across all 3 decades he has been active... the 90's, 00's and 10's... There are more people who know who the Rock is, and that he is/was a wrestler than ever knew Austin or Hogan. He is legit in the top 5 box office stars in the world and possibly even top 3 and the crucial thing is HE STILL wrestles/shows up.

He isn't reduced to shilling the network or being the guy who shows up twice a decade to stunner someone... he has consistently been a part of the show, making cameos, getting involved even when no real programme is on offer for him... this Rusev thing was like the Eugene one or the Umaga one... When was the last time Austin actually came in and put someone over or helped the show? as in he didn't have to Stunner them?

It did change for the Rock and I think Cena's comments on him genuinely stung him enough to change his attitude, so Cena arguably deserves the credit. Since he did come back as that Guest Host for Mania, Rock has shown more passion than Hogan and Austin ever did... risking his movie paydays to prove that "he loves this"... yes he went home after Mania... cos with 20m salary and a $100m budget for a movie riding on being fit to shoot on a certain date and you got hurt "playing" at wrestling for $5m... you have to make the hard choice. Vince certainly would have understood and any true fan would have too...

Don't get me wrong, Dwayne is paid VERY well by WWE for each appearance, but this weeks was a classic example where it defo wasn't about the cash at all... it was almost "I'm here, I wanna do it... this one's on me..." Austin and Hogan don't do anything unless it's meticulous, planned or so staged that you know the glass is gonna break 5 minutes before it does. It's how Austin and Hogan do business... they do it their way or no way, where as Rock will just show up if he's in town or if he's asked to help out.

Both guys had a massive impact on the business that can never be taken from them... but Dwayne proved this week he IS the business again...and the best advert for WWE and wrestling in general there has ever been... so yeah... I say he is now #1.

Never hard to work with? Kane was never hard to work with.

If I remember correctly, Austin was the one that walked out on the company because he didn't want to pass the baton yet and put a newcomer over.

The Rock surpassed Stone Cold in the womb. Stone Cold is forty seventh biggest star ever. He used politics. He lost matches to people. Stone Cold is an excellent T-shirt designer but not good person or wrestler. My six year old nephew doesn't know who he is but he knows who Damien Sandow is. Damien Sandow never used politics, he is the forty sixth biggest star ever. He passed Stone Cold in 2012? No. He passed Stone Cold in 2013? Yes.

But thank you for starting a thread about Stone Cold. There are no other threads about Stone Cold to discuss him on this forum. You are the 467th biggest poster on this forum.

I don't remember austin putting over any up and coming guy.....rocky did and is still willing to...austin was breat for 4 years rocky is forever

I think if you ask casuals who watch today, who is the face of wrestling, your top 3 answers would be Rock, Cena & Hogan. Austin was on top more than a decade ago and wasn't on TV that much since. Rock surpassed him in everything - career longetivity, fame, money.

Don't get me wrong, Dwayne is paid VERY well by WWE for each appearance, but this weeks was a classic example where it defo wasn't about the cash at all... it was almost "I'm here, I wanna do it... this one's on me..." Austin and Hogan don't do anything unless it's meticulous, planned or so staged that you know the glass is gonna break 5 minutes before it does. It's how Austin and Hogan do business... they do it their way or no way, where as Rock will just show up if he's in town or if he's asked to help out.

Both guys had a massive impact on the business that can never be taken from them... but Dwayne proved this week he IS the business again...and the best advert for WWE and wrestling in general there has ever been... so yeah... I say he is now #1.

Unfortunately the haters see it as the rock coming back for the money, even though they know full well hes on top 5 list with robert downey jr for highest paid actor. You can tell his genuine passion, enjoyment and dedication whenever he returns. But of course he's not there every week and the fact the rock said he will "never leave again" then that must mean he does it only for his ego and self promotion. Sigh..

Many people on internet saying that The Rock is the second biggest star of all time and has surpassed Steve Austin.

That his career and lifespan have surpassed him and the longevity and popularity.

Has The Rock surpassed Austin?

I don't agree with Rock fans, never will. But some people say that The Rock surpassed Austin at 2002.

Did The Rock surpassed Austin in 1999? No, just only in sales/ratings

Did The Rock surpassed Austin in 2002? No.

Did The Rock surpassed Austin in 2014? Nooo.....?

Stone Cold is loved because he never used politics, as much as HBK and Triple H did. Stone Cold was a great guy behind the scene and was never that hard to work with.

Why have all of you changed your mind about this, has The Rock surpassed Austin in popularity??

Look, we get it. Stone Cold Steve Austin is a god to you and you find it insulting to insist that he's second to anybody. If I'm not mistaken, this is the 4th or 5th thread you've created to say the exact same thing. Enough already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back