AJ Styles & Stings Impact Promo: TNA at it's best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a case of AJ missing opportunities; it's a case of TNA missing opportunities. If they put the belt on AJ Styles, the wrestling world would drown in its own semen.

I don't know about that. All in all, I don't blame Styles or TNA. I blame the fans.

Styles has been a former Heavyweight Champion, on more than one occasion. And he didn't make a splash any of those times. Shit, he even fought with Sting back in 2003 - but I bet 90% of the fans of today's viewing audience don't recall that one bit. And its because TNA doesn't hold a casual fan, they hold what I'm going to begin calling "90 day" fans.

Its the type of person who'll view their stuff for 3 months, then give up. They'll try anything in those 90 days, and as a result, TNA can't keep their creative head on straight with trying to follow what the fan likes.. because every 90 days or so, it changes.

Case in point.. Matt Morgan.

Where the fuck did HIS ovations come from? 90 days ago, the fans couldn't of given a shit less about the guy. Now, all the sudden he gets one Heavyweight title match and hes being cheered massively and chanted for with "Matt got screwed" outbreaks?! I know he didn't grow talent over night, so where is it coming from!? The answer.. the idiotic fans, who've just tuned in and decided for the pure fuck of it, to cheer someone random. In 90 days from now, Morgan will likely be a failure, yet again.

And that, is why Styles can't make it. Because the typical "90 day fan" will see how great he is, but never stay long enough to think he could be anything more than flashy and entertaining to watch for nothing more than excitement.

Maybe I'm going way off in all this, I'm sure I am, but I have no other logical explanation to why the fans are cheering for people who didn't get even the slightest reaction 90+ days ago. And its not because these people suddenly started coming on out of no where. They've been around. (British Invasion, Matt Morgan, etc.)

Styles has been a former Heavyweight Champion, on more than one occasion. And he didn't make a splash any of those times.

Nobody made a splash back then, no matter who they passed the belt on to. You could even argue that it's the same now, people being numbed to the fact that the belt will always end back on Sting or Kurt's shoulder.

Back then, AJ was a glorified indie worker. Since then, he has evolved. He's learned to pace himself and he's learned to give off a little charisma, thanks in no small part to his "Prince AJ" period.

Shit, he even fought with Sting back in 2003 - but I bet 90% of the fans of today's viewing audience don't recall that one bit.

I'm willing to bet that's because 95% of them weren't around to watch it, and not because of a revolving audience. It's simply because TNA had an audience of what - three dozen people for those first few years? It was an obscure match - why should people remember it?

And that, is why Styles can't make it. Because the typical "90 day fan" will see how great he is, but never stay long enough to think he could be anything more than flashy and entertaining to watch for nothing more than excitement.

I disagree. AJ is the most consistently cheered wrestler in TNA, no matter who is watching him. Revolving audience or not, he always tears the fucking roof off of wherever he goes. That's why a 90 day audience doesn't even matter.

I really hope this isn't TNA at its best.

That was an amazing promo, and yes, it was one of TNA's best 15 minutes ever. AJ Styles carried the company on his back, for years, until finnally being shoved to the back. Sting, is obviously a fan of AJ Styles. Sting, publically said "I'm passing the torch to you." If all goes well, AJ Style, could be the next Sting. He certainly has charisma, is great on the mic, and fun to watch in the ring.

I mean even the least knowledgable wrestling fan could tell you that they couldn't believe for half a millisecond that AJ was going to call it quits.

Call me an idiot, but the point to wrestling is to suspend all belief. Did you see/hear the croud reaction AJ Styles was getting? Obviously, you're not to knowledgeable yourself, because Style put on one hell of a show, and Sting came out there, and topped it. Both men got their job done, setting up hopefully what will become one hell of a match/fued.

AJ's fake crying was almost laughable.

...Have you ever seen a man cry? No offense to any women out there, whatsoever. But I've never legitimately seen a man cry due to saddness, or happyness. The most I've ever seen a man cry is frustration at themselves. During the promo, AJ was obviously beating himself up internally, until he finnally came to the conclution that he was going to quit.

The "I'm quitting" thing has been done before and how many times does one actually quit? Zero.

Uh? Go ahead, show me some proof of this. Now, I'm not a HUGE TNA fan like I am with the WWE. But I certainly, don't remember a promo such as the one between Sting and AJ.

Don't get me wrong, I like TNA, but this segment was awful.

Anyone with very much knowledge on AJ's history, and Sting this segment was damn good, and damn believable.

It's kinda like the same thing WWE did with MVP.

:wtf: This isn't anything like what WWE did with MVP.

Except TNA is not going to have AJ lose 5 months worth of matches and whatnot.

That was the entire point to what the WWE did with MVP.....wow.

AJ is down on his luck, then eventually wins the TNA Championship.

Uhh, AJ isn't even going after the TNA championship right now. If he does, it will be in about 4 months. Obviously Styles is going to fued with Sting, in order for Sting to pass the torch to AJ. Is that really hard to understand?

I mean... ugh. It just seems bland and unoriginal.

Maybe thats because you're making assumptions you don't know about. I made the most reasonable assumption above, but even so. This is Jarret and Russo we're talking about. No?

It's AJ Styles. Your best all around superstar. The young face of the company. He's TNA's John Cena. This crybaby losing a couple matches and hanging it up after SEVEN years is not going to fly.

You completely missed the point to his promo. It wasn't even about losing a couple matches. It was about letting himself down, to the point where he was completely fed up with himself, that he could be ready to commit fucking suicide. AJ Styles was on top of the TNA world, and shoved back down when WWE hasbeens, and Team Canada came in and took over. AJ has been fighting to get that spot back, for 3-4 long years. Yet just couldn't ever do it.

Stings part on the other hand was very well done. But AJs... not so much.

Look, I like most of your posts. But I think you COMPLETELY missed the point to AJ Styles promo.

I thought it was an amazing promo and very well done by both men, it was one of the more entertaining parts of the show.

I can see Sting now being in the mentor role for AJ right now while he's in the slump he's in, he can motivate him like he did in that promo to believe in himself and eventually win the TNA title.

Maybe then have a match for the title with the both of them at BFG, not a retirement match either just a good old wrestling match for the title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back