• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[Against All Odds] Zema Ion v. Jesse Sorensen [#1 Contender's Match]

Who wins?

• Xema Ion

• Jesse Sorensen

Results are only viewable after voting.

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
Against All Odds 2012
Zema Ion v. Jesse Sorensen
#1 Contender's Match
for the X Division Championship

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

800px-Impact_Wrestling.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ppv5.jpg

All discussion here.​

Ion. He is a great wrestler and he's full of charisma. ^_^

Sorrenson has....ummm...some personality? Barely any? And the dude is green as freshly grown grass in the ring. >_<

I'd imagine this goes to Ion as well, though I smell a three-way dance on the horizon, because I don't think Shelley is taking the title off Aries right away &#8212; at least not at Against All Odds.

I'd imagine Ion wins this, Shelley loses, but demands a rematch and Sting/TNA book a three-way match at Lockdown.

TNA seems to be higher on Ion right now then they do on Sorenson- They moved on pretty quickly from Sorenson to Kash to Shelley as contender's for Aries' title. However, it all depends on what they decide to do with the title that may determine the outcome of this match.

I have a hard time seeing Shelley returning and winning the title this quickly. He was just re-introduced to the X-Division last week after being out with a shoulder injury, so to put him over Aries already will kill any momentum Aries has. I see a far more plausible situation playing out where Aries' blatantly cheats to win to retain against Shelley, possibly even getting himself DQ'd after a hard-fought match. I could easily see this becoming a triple threat match at Lockdown, with Shelley pinning the winner of this match to win the title, protecting Aries in the process. But who does he pin?

I think it's Ion. They've done a good job of giving him a personality and enhancing his heel gimmick. He's over with the fans in terms of being able to draw heat. For now, the Sorenson experiment seems to have come and gone. He's a good talent, but his gimmick is bad and he has little charisma. With no doubt that this should be a fun match, and probably the show opener, I see Ion winning this and moving on to Lockdown to face the winner of Shelley/Aries, or perhaps both.

How about that! A contender's match for a title on PPV! I'm not really overly excited about either of these guys, if we're being completely honest, but it is nice to see them taking a championship belt seriously. Having Alex Shelley earn his shot was a nice touch too, and doing it again here with Ion and Sorenson shows that they take the champion, his title, and its contenders seriously... At least on paper - I'm not saying the X-Division title is the Holy Grail it used to be considered, just that it's nice to see them respective it, and treating championship matches like something that should be EARNED, rather than HANDED OUT (here's looking at YOU, WWE Elimination Chamber matches...).

Ion is the more skilled of the two, and has been featured slightly more prominently on weekly television, but I could easily see them go with a "swerve" here and award Sorenson the victory. I don't think we'll see Shelly dethrone Aries at Against All Odds, or at all to be honest. The typical heel/face match between Aries and Sorensen could work for Victory Road. I wouldn't be too incredibly excited to see that match, but I think it's the most obvious route for them to go down at this point. I'm still holding on to hope that Morrison shows up and goes for the X-Division title going into Lockdown.

I'd like Ion to take it and I think that TNA is behind him enough to book it.

He is a good young talent, still a little green in some areas but in time I think that will go away. Guys like Ion are the reason I like the X division

I've gotta pick Ion here, as much as I would prefer to see Sorenson win here it does seem as though TNA got over him pretty quickly and has been building up Ion a bit. He's definitely talented and entertaining but I havent gotten into him, Sorenson on the other hand lacks the personality but his in ring work is impressive in a way that reminds me of Cody Rhodes. But in the end, Sorenson will get another chance in the future and now it's Zema's turn, Ion by pinfall.

I don't believe either one will get the win. Sorensen makes the most sense as he's the face and would be the more logical choice to be the face to Aries heel. I just see this ending in a DQ with some interference, leading to another No.1 Contenders match on a future episode of Impact. Good way to get these guys some face time on a PPV though.

I really hate it when they do number one contender matches on PPV events. They should be doing contendership matches on Impact then having the match for the championship take place on PPV. As if it being a number one contenders match on PPV wasn't bad enough, I couldn't care less who wins. Xema has done absolutely nothing to impress me while Sorensen is still too green. What it comes down to is this.... Aries will destroy either guy anyway. If I had to pick someone to support it would be Sorensen because he is less boring. I will likely be grabbing a snack while this match is on. There's really no reason for me to watch it.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Jesse Sorensen will defeat Xema Ion

I'm looking forward to this match between Zema and Sorensen, I think that both guys are very talented in the ring and I expect to this pretty good X-Division match that will be good a way to open with nice high flying moves and fast paced wrestling. I feel that Zema Ion should get win here and is more deserving of a Push then Jesse Sorensen is. Although Zema has less appearances and TV time then Sorensen to me has distinguished more of a personality and character for himself and that is something that Jesse hasn't done yet. I feel that the pretty boy vain character really works for Ion and I really took notice of this during his match with Shelley, When Shelley was hitting him in the corner the camera zoomed in Ion and Ion goes "Don't film this" because he doesn't want anyone to see his face get messed it's a small thing like that shows his character and personality and of all of the new X-Division talents like Sorensen, Haskins, and Nese I feel he's the best of the group and I would like to see him get the win here.

[Heel] Green Ranger;3692966 said:
How about that! A contender's match for a title on PPV!

Not only a contender's match, but an X-division match.

Aside from Destination-X, two X-division matches on the same PPV is something that has been practically non-existent during the "Bischoff-era" of TNA.

It's nice to see these young guys get their shine here, and they will likely get the chance to open the show, which leaves the Aries/Shelley match to get the more prominent spot later on the card that it deserves.

If there is a clean winner I think it will be Sorenson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back