• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[Genesis] Kash v. Sorensen v. Aries (C) v. Ion [X Division Championship]

Who wins?

• Kid Kash

• Jesse Sorensen

• Austin Aries

• Zema Ion

Results are only viewable after voting.

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
Genesis 2012
Kash v. Sorensen v. Aries (C) v. Ion
X Division Championship

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

800px-Impact_Wrestling.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ppv6.jpg

All discussion here.​

It feels like they've taken fragments of things spanning back a good couple of months here and thrust them all into one big match which looks to be quite entertaining. The X division style works that much better when there are more guys in the ring, it's almost always been the case.

You have Sorensen who's head of steam has all but died down now. He's one of the most naturally gifted in-ring performers I think I've had the fortune to see early in their career, but he's is seriously lacking in personality. This he has many years to develop. Still I can't see a win here bridging all the time since Sorenson was last relevant in this title picture, it would be confusing to say the least.

Then we have Kash. Odd roll he's playing. He's not exactly face, not yet anyway, but it seems like they are using the smaller heel to chase the bigger heel in Aries which as we know, usually turns someone face automatically after long enough. The fans prefer having someone to cheer and as illogical as it sounds it will probably end up being Kash. That's going to create a strange dynamic with Sorenson in the actual match given their recent history together. I don't feel like there has been enough time to cook his face turn, if one is indeed on the horizon, or that he could be over enough as a face within this match to deem giving him the title anything less than a poor idea.

Ion has had a nice bit of exposure along with Nese recently as we've seen. Although Nese has impressed me in terms of his actual in-ring ability recently, Ion has impressed me a little bit more with involving his character which means he'll probably be moving further up in the division from here. But two wins in two weeks against a not exactly relevant guy, the fact he is a heel and actually that he isn't anywhere near as over as a heel as Aries, or for that matter as good as Aries all indicate to me that one outcome is possible.

Since he won the contract match as Destination X, Aries has had 'the man' stamped on his forehead. He is the guy in the X division by some way now after he just eradicated Kendrick from the picture way back it seems. I predict in his future a good six month reign as champion if things continue on their merry way as they have done, this is another bump in the road that makes him look stronger.

But don't let my view of the contenders make you think that I'm down on the whole title scene right now. It's actually exciting. The X division is pretty heel heavy, the guys getting the most exposure, aside from Sorensen although I'd argue against him, are Kash Ion and Aries. As I stated before, I don't have more confidence in Kash getting over as a face just yet. But even if they do turn him for a little longer, once again provided that is the route they are taking him, I just feel he is too dis-likable, he's too heel for people to want to back. He'd have to experience some large scale character re-invention to get people behind him, but with the way he's acted as a heel in recent months, I also don't believe it would be easy to get people to buy him as a face WITH that large character change. And what does this mean? Well for me it means there is a whole division sitting there waiting for a face to come along and be the counter-balance to the whole heel aura that lingers around there. Whoever is stamped 'the man' to take down Aries when that time comes, that person is going to be mega-over and bring the whole division up with him. There's basically potential for someone to get a huge rub off this whole situation, and I'm looking forward to it happening. That's why I think Aries is keeping his title, long-term booking.

I think A Double is a safe bet here given his quality and popularity and will be going with this momentum into a series with an AJ Styles or Kazarian. The other possibilities I could see are Daniels (hopefully without either 'turning' as I feel both suit the cocky heel persona), a continuation with Ion (again, no 'turns') or, at a stretch, RVD (he's normally billed as being above the 225 limit but I'd imagine he is actually around this weight).

Aries is head and shoulders above the other 3, a guy with so much talent that he really should be moving on up, maybe he could make the TV title relevant. He'll win here though as neither of the rookies are ready and Kash couldn't draw flies if he was shit.

this one is kinda tough to predict the only person who i think has no shot in hell is zema ion as he just turned heel and just became revelent so im gonna give him no shot at winning...aries is the favorite to win imo but it would give him and kid kash more beef if kid kash took the title...jesse sorenston has become a top face in this divison and hes got some talent but he sucks on the mic and doesnt have a personality....my prediction is the 2nd greatest man to ever live (me of course being the greatest) Austin Aries picks up the victory and goes on to keep making this divison great

I'm sure the match will be entertaining but, at the same time, I think TNA is going to the well too much with all these 3 way & 4 way dances. They've done a lot of these matches on ppv & IW over the past several months and, for me, they're losing their luster.

I expect Aries to retain here and I think TNA would be foolish to take the title off him. Without Aries as X Division Champion at this point in time, the X Division in and of itself loses HUGE factor that keeps it relevant. None of Aries opponents is anywhere near the star that he is nor are they anywhere near as good of an all around wrestler.

I'm sure the match will be entertaining but, at the same time, I think TNA is going to the well too much with all these 3 way & 4 way dances. They've done a lot of these matches on ppv & IW over the past several months and, for me, they're losing their luster.

This is so true IMO. The way that they do these matches, there's no "shock value" when it comes to the potential of the champion to retain. If he can win non-title fatal four ways, then why do I care when a title IS on the line? Simple answer, I won't... normally.

This time, however, there's a lot of talent here in the ring. Sorensen and Ion have come into their own in ways that I seem to be impressed about. Ion's narcissistic ways are getting him over and will soon put him up there with Aries as the division's heel, making him the scape goat when they need someone to take Aries' spot.

The keyword being WHEN they need someone. Right now, they need Aries to bring that X-Division back to relevancy. With Kendrick gone, Aries nowhere to be found, and Douglas selling his neck injury there is nobody worthy of carrying the division. Kash could do it, if he were younger... but he's not. He makes a good put over star, and someday he possibly COULD be in the title spotlight again if they're going to make it so... but I personally believe that Kash is best suited where he's at in putting over young guys.

I would also like to point out that I wouldn't mind seeing Aries take on someone like Douglas Williams in a few series of match ups for the title. X-Division has become unanimous with high flying acrobatic maniacs that people forget that people like Douglas and Aries could put on a wrestling clinic if given the chance to. And for that token, that's why I'm hoping Aries comes up victorious. Because as long as he has the X-Division title, the wrestling matches in the division will be worth tuning in for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back