• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AGA: Air Guitarists Anonymous

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
Hi. I'm NSL, and I'm an air guitarist. It's a dirty filthy habit, makes me look stupid, and I can't help but do it 7, 8, 12, 20 times a day. I just can't help it. A certain song comes on, and next thing you know, my steering wheel turns into a 6-string, or my belt becomes a stratocaster...It's bad.

Now that that's out the way...Here's the real topic of discussion. What song makes you play air guitar? Is it because of a tremendous solo you wish you could play? Is it because it's heavy? Is it because you're a dork, and don't have any real talent?

For me, it's all the above. There's a long, long list of songs that make me turn into Wayne and Garth...Here's a brief list:

Led Zeppelin ~ Whole Lotta Love - From the first note, I can't help but pretend I'm Jimmy Page, grinding away at the chords, holding the crowd in the palm of my hands. It's probably the easiest song to air guitar too, but it's damn fun.

Godsmack ~ Re-Align - Being my favorite band, there's a lot of songs from Sully & Co. that make me pretend I'm a rock god. This song is just the one that makes me go all out with it. It's got a great beat, and the solo is one of my favorites of modern rock.

All That Remains ~ Not Alone - If you're a fan of this band, it's hard not to air guitar to a lot of their songs, but this one is probably everyone's favorite, after Six. It's got a great intro, and Oli writes amazing solos.

I Used to do this all the time not to many years ago. I had lots of fun and i actually lost a little weight doing it. I only did it to one song and I haven't done it in a while. I may start doing it again.

What song did I play air guitar to you may ask. This one

[youtube]3MLp7YNTznE[/youtube]

Lamb Of God-Laid To Rest Awesome song.One of the best songs to ever be on Guitar Hero

Metallica-All Nightmare Long Yes I Know the new Metallica isnt as good as old Metallica.But this song kicks ass!

Metallica-Battery Kick Ass Old school Metallica.I Love this song but I personally think Rock Band 2 killed this song

Fun thread idea NSL. I too admit to not only being an air guitarist, but a notorious air drummer as well, which is even more embarrassing if you can imagine me wildly flailing my arms about in something similar to rhythm.

There are tons and tons of songs I could mention, but at the top of my mind one song immediately came to my head for me being a notorious sucker for, so I figured I'd go with that one. This song is The Cult's Love Removal Machine, which I'm sure most people here have heard many times. They created a truly iconic guitar riff in that song, and one that I could rock to all day and night. In fact, I'm doing it right now.

Help me NSL, I'm relapsing into my addiction as we speak! I have to stop typing now...

The Cult - Love Removal Machine

I don't air guitar, I'm normal. But in my spare time, once, for 90 minutes I watched a documentary. It was brilliant and it featured idiots just like you lot. It's called Air Guitar Nation and it's pretty damn good. To you I recommend, to err is human, but to air guitar is divine.

I've always fancied myself a drummer even though I've never even attempted to play drums. So yeah, I'm more of an air drummer, and as such, I tend to rock out in the car to songs with prominent drum intros. Such as...

I'm not a Marilyn Manson fan, but the drums in this song are just so much fun to tap out on a steering wheel.

The most famous drum into ever.

I know, I know. I should hate this song, and hate this band. They're all poppy and emo and just awful, but I love this song and I hate myself for it. I can't help it.

Air Drumming is my 2nd addiction...I was going to save it for it's own thread, but you fuckers caused a relapse, at work, while it's busy. Thanks.

If you really want to air drum, go crazy with this:

I may be partial because Godsmack is my favorite band ever, but you have to admit that's some talented stuff. They usually drop it in right in the middle of the set, and everyone ends yup air drumming, and it's amazing. You can almost hear everyone going along with it.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going back to air bongos...

I have 2 songs to add to this thread, and they're both very similar. Sick Puppies and Skillet both have new singles, and they're both amazing for Air Guitarists.

You're Going Down is a great fight anthem, and I can't help but grab the air guitar and get to strumming whenever it comes on. I've always been a fan of Sick Puppies, but this song might be one of their best.

Monster is a completely different song from anything I've heard out of Skillet, and I love it. It's heavy, the lyrics are great, and the entire band works well together. Not only do I air guitar to it, but I end up singing along and drumming on whatever's available...

For those of you who love air guitaring, listen to Foreigner's "Jukebox Hero/Whole Lotta Love" epic, 2 songs mixed into one with brilliant guitar to air guitar along to.

[youtube]z_j7nVCJJ0[/youtube]

Tremonti completely owning the guitar on this song make it damn near impossible to not play along. I love this song and everything about it.

[youtube]-vcd95yxQxs[/youtube]​

Another song that I can't help but air-guitar, and airdrum to! How can you not? I dare you to listen to this song and not ignore the want to air-guitar/drum along to it.

I have 2 songs to add to this thread, and they're both very similar. Sick Puppies and Skillet both have new singles, and they're both amazing for Air Guitarists.

You're Going Down is a great fight anthem, and I can't help but grab the air guitar and get to strumming whenever it comes on. I've always been a fan of Sick Puppies, but this song might be one of their best.

Monster is a completely different song from anything I've heard out of Skillet, and I love it. It's heavy, the lyrics are great, and the entire band works well together. Not only do I air guitar to it, but I end up singing
along and drumming on whatever's available...

I love Skillet. Their whole album is good, a song that I have to recommend by them is "Awake and Alive"

[youtube]Q31lGa7rhjc[/youtube]​

Good airguitaring to be had with this song. Challenge yourself! The vocals are fucking amazing too, the drummer, Jen Ledger, provides excellent backup vocals. Plus she's beautiful..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back