AFL Finals 2009

hArdyPUNKmArk

I'm better than you!
Ok so I was waiting for someone to start a thread on this and have now decided to do it myself :)

Hopefully there are some Aussie's here that might post in this thread otherwise I'll entertain myself in here.

Anyways, the AFL Finals for 2009 are underway and we're already down to 4 teams. Firstly lets look at the ladder at the end of the home and away season, more specifically the top 8.

1. St Kilda Saints - 80 pts - 155%
2. Geelong Cats - 72 pts - 127%
3. Western Bulldogs -60 pts - 122%
4. Collingwood Magpies- 60 pts - 122%
5. Adelaide Crows - 56 pts - 117%
6. Brisbane Lions - 54 pts - 106%
7. Carlton Blues - 52 pts - 110%
8. Essendon Bombers - 42 pts - 97%

Now obviously as we are 2 weeks into the finals 4 teams have already been knocked out.

In the first 2 elimination finals we had:

Adelaide d Essendon by 96 pts
Brisbane d Carlton by 7 pts

This knocked out Essendon and Carlton (Damn Lions, that was a bull shit ending by the way. I'm a Blues supporter and it sucked to see us lead the whole match only to lose it in the final 5-10mins). We also had 2 qualifying finals in the first week which were:

Geelong d Bulldogs by 14 pts
St Kilda d Collingwood by 28 pts

So, St Kilda and Geelong (Numbers 1 & 2 at the end of the season) go through to the prelim finals and get a week off.

The 2nd week of finals gave us 1 good contest and 1 absolute thrashing.

Bulldogs d Brisbane by 51 pts
Collingwood d Adelaide by 5 pts

The Bulldogs caned Brisbane (thanks Dogs :)) and the Pies got over the Crows in a great contest that came down to the wire. This sets up 2 more match's to determine the final 2 that will compete in the Grand Final on the one day in September.

We have for week 3 of finals footy:

St Kilda v Bulldogs
Geelong v Collingwood

So with that, what are your predictions for the Grand Final and who do you think will win the big one?

Me? I'm gonna go with a Saints/Cats final with the Cats getting over. St Kilda proved this year that they have what it takes to be a top player during the season but finals footy is quite often a different story. Geelong have been dominating the AFL for 3 years now and are hungry to win the big one again after losing last year to the Hawks :)lmao: how funny is it they didn't even make the top 8 this year) and will be striving to get back on top.

I just can't put the finals experience of the Cats past them. They have an established team and probably the best mid field in the league. The Saints may win it though, I think it will be a close contest but hey, it might even be a Bulldogs/Collingwood final....

Well, what are your picks? If there are any Aussie's here????

Well well my fellow Aussie. Glad someone brang up an AFL Thread. Well I guess you were right. A Cats v Saints Final.

The thrashing of the Magpies was real sweet. The look on McGuire's face was priceless. Im tipping a Cats win, simply due to the fact of the experience in the last 2 Grand Finals, in addition to feeling the effects of the defeat at last years Grand Final. Should be awesome as I always enjoy the Melbourne crowd of over 80,000 at the GF (Last year more than 100,000 attended the final).

It will be very interesting to see the turnout at Etihad Stadium in Melbourne which is holding the Preliminary Final for the NRL between Melbourne Storm and Brisbane Broncos on the same day at the AFL Grand Final.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back