• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AFL Thread - 2010

Yeah your right. But I think a second ruckman would help because then they can rotate quickly thorugh the ruck and be confident they are going to win the tap. The other ruckman can do down forward and act as a decoy and possibly freeing up Roughy. See when Renouf goes down there everyone knows he isn't going to take a good pack mark like Jolly or be a good lead up forward like Hill/Ryder.
If you're going to go the ruckman/forward route, then I reckon give Roughy a go in the ruck, and if he plays well there and gets his confidence back, he can also be used up forward as a tall forward, and also gives them another good ruckman. But if they get another ruckman that can acct as a forward, then essentially they've got three tall forward options. Also, have the Hawks tried Skipper up front? If he turns out to be good up front, then they could switch him and Roughy for a game and see what happens.

Fair call. Yes Strijk and Shuey look good now and are definately on our team building. I also forgot to had some and who I believe is our best young gun. Brad Sheppard. I was disappointed we go him over Jetta at the start of the year but now after the games I have seen. Fuck he is so smart, he might not get much ball but god that will come to him. I am really impressed with how well he already knows stuff at AFL level. He is definately a good player.
I can't say i've actually noticed Sheppard. At all. I'm sure he's great though. But really there have been heaps of great young guys for all the clubs this year. Young guys as in debutants, or guys that haven't played many games. I just wanted to put that in so I can put Podsiadly in my list. You have Barlow, Pods, Dustin Martin, Easton Wood, Jarryd Blair, Trent Dennis Lane and Hannebery to name only a few of them. I really think the young guys this year are above the guys last year.

Your right with the lazy part. He gets really lazy and then looks like he doesn't care. He is also very very holo. He definately wants that coleman. But a veruy good worker for the Eagles is Kennedy. Definately one of our hardest workers and doesn't get rewarded enough.
I reckon some of the best players in teams are the guys who go hard at it, but usually don't get recognition. Kennedy I haven't noticed, but he sounds like a guy who will throw himself at every contest like his life depended on it. I love the guys that will put their body on their line for their club, because it shows real commitment and dedication for their club and the game.

:lmao:, I am sure he will be fine. But yeah Broughton will probably be the better option as I can see Carrazzo player as a tagging forward ad play on either Duffield or Broughton. Should be an interesting match.
Yeah I was thinking Broughton, mainly just cause he's imo a better player and gets more stats on the board. But knowing my luck, he'll probably get injured in the first 5 mins. :lmao: Now I just need to think if I want Blair on the field instead of Sewell, or whether to keep it as is. And maybe think about another trade.

On another note, Fraser finally gets his 200th game this weekend. Good on him, I think he's a good player and it's a travesty he's been kept out of the side for so long. He deserves this 200th game, and I hope he absolutely fires in it and kicks 8 goals and just generally dominates so he'll be picked next week. Knowing Mick though, if he does kick a bag and dominates, he'll probably get sent back to the VFL. :p

If you're going to go the ruckman/forward route, then I reckon give Roughy a go in the ruck, and if he plays well there and gets his confidence back, he can also be used up forward as a tall forward, and also gives them another good ruckman. But if they get another ruckman that can acct as a forward, then essentially they've got three tall forward options. Also, have the Hawks tried Skipper up front? If he turns out to be good up front, then they could switch him and Roughy for a game and see what happens.

Yeah that could work. And maybe Roughy will get his confidence up from that. Skipper as far as I have seen hasn't played that much up forward. Has had the occasional few minutes up there each quarter but not a anything more. I would really like to see Wade up there.

I can't say i've actually noticed Sheppard. At all. I'm sure he's great though. But really there have been heaps of great young guys for all the clubs this year. Young guys as in debutants, or guys that haven't played many games. I just wanted to put that in so I can put Podsiadly in my list. You have Barlow, Pods, Dustin Martin, Easton Wood, Jarryd Blair, Trent Dennis Lane and Hannebery to name only a few of them. I really think the young guys this year are above the guys last year.

Yeah well you will next year. He is a good player like I said. You forgot to mention Trengove, Jetta and Scully. But I am really impressed with this years draft. It was so good, and how good is Martin and Hannebery. They are superstars. Definately going to be legends of the game especially with both being one of the top dogs for there respective teams.

I reckon some of the best players in teams are the guys who go hard at it, but usually don't get recognition. Kennedy I haven't noticed, but he sounds like a guy who will throw himself at every contest like his life depended on it. I love the guys that will put their body on their line for their club, because it shows real commitment and dedication for their club and the game.

Oh he does hey. He puts everything he has into the one contest and runs all day. For a centre half forward being one of your hardest runners and your biggest (physical) guy it's incredible.

I agree with you. Part of the reason that makes Luke Hodge so good is because he takes shit from no one and will go in 110%. Same with Matt Debour from Dockers. Did you see his dive in the derby not to long ago? Jesus christ he had to do it but god no one would have done it like him.

Yeah I was thinking Broughton, mainly just cause he's imo a better player and gets more stats on the board. But knowing my luck, he'll probably get injured in the first 5 mins. :lmao: Now I just need to think if I want Blair on the field instead of Sewell, or whether to keep it as is. And maybe think about another trade.

Go Sewell. Hodge is outt his week so Sewell and Lewis will have to step up. I am seeing a big game from Sewell. But we'll see.

On another note, Fraser finally gets his 200th game this weekend. Good on him, I think he's a good player and it's a travesty he's been kept out of the side for so long. He deserves this 200th game, and I hope he absolutely fires in it and kicks 8 goals and just generally dominates so he'll be picked next week. Knowing Mick though, if he does kick a bag and dominates, he'll probably get sent back to the VFL. :p

Hahah good on him. I am glad for him. I think the only reason why he got a game was because this will probably be his last game for the Pies and he wont get a final. So why not throw him in a meaningless game to make it seem meaningful?

Yeah that could work. And maybe Roughy will get his confidence up from that. Skipper as far as I have seen hasn't played that much up forward. Has had the occasional few minutes up there each quarter but not a anything more. I would really like to see Wade up there.
I don't think Clarkson will put him up there though. I think he wants to stick to his game plan, especially so close to finals. Speaking of Clarkson, do you reckon he'll stick around to coach the Hawks next year? I think even though Kennet's being a bit of a douchebag, he'll stay anyway. I think Clarkson could get the Hawks to another Granny next year.

Yeah well you will next year. He is a good player like I said. You forgot to mention Trengove, Jetta and Scully. But I am really impressed with this years draft. It was so good, and how good is Martin and Hannebery. They are superstars. Definately going to be legends of the game especially with both being one of the top dogs for there respective teams.
Well really there are heaps of new guys, I just named a few. You've still got guys like Grant, Stratton and Bastinac, and there are still a dozen more names. Yeah, I can see Blair, Martin and Hannebery all being vital to their teams, and end up becoming legends. And then you have guys like Barlow, who are already probably the top player at their club, and already a star in their own rate.
Oh he does hey. He puts everything he has into the one contest and runs all day. For a centre half forward being one of your hardest runners and your biggest (physical) guy it's incredible.

I agree with you. Part of the reason that makes Luke Hodge so good is
because he takes shit from no one and will go in 110%. Same with Matt Debour from Dockers. Did you see his dive in the derby not to long ago? Jesus christ he had to do it but god no one would have done it like him.
Yeah, that's why I love Cross, even though he handballs heaps, he still goes hard at the ball and is always first to the ball. Yeah I saw Deboer's dive in the derby, fucking man's crazy! :p The guy's that go hard at it always end up beating their opponents at the end, and they're extremely valuable to their clubs.

Hahah good on him. I am glad for him. I think the only reason why he got a game was because this will probably be his last game for the Pies and he wont get a final. So why not throw him in a meaningless game to make it seem meaningful?
But it is a meaningful game. PIES COULD LOSE TOP SPOT!!!! :lmao: Yeah, this will be his last year with the Pies. I can't really see him getting picked up by another club. Unless the Hawks want to take him to try and fix their ruck/forward situation, and then that could end up being the missing link for the Hawks. I doubt that happening, but anything's possible, right?

I don't think Clarkson will put him up there though. I think he wants to stick to his game plan, especially so close to finals. Speaking of Clarkson, do you reckon he'll stick around to coach the Hawks next year? I think even though Kennet's being a bit of a douchebag, he'll stay anyway. I think Clarkson could get the Hawks to another Granny next year.

Ofcourse he will stay. Hawks would be stupid to get rid of him. He has gotten them a premiship only 2 years ago and altho they had a bad ytear last year and a bad start this year they are still a contender no doubt. Altho they wont win. Next year they will be up there.

Well really there are heaps of new guys, I just named a few. You've still got guys like Grant, Stratton and Bastinac, and there are still a dozen more names. Yeah, I can see Blair, Martin and Hannebery all being vital to their teams, and end up becoming legends. And then you have guys like Barlow, who are already probably the top player at their club, and already a star in their own rate.

Yeah I love grant and Bastinac. Altho I don't know who Stratton is :|. Haha who does he play for. I actually don't think Blair is that good. Well he is good but I don't think he will end up being one of the top dogs at Collingwood. Actually I see him being traded or moving to another club in a few years.

Yeah, that's why I love Cross, even though he handballs heaps, he still goes hard at the ball and is always first to the ball. Yeah I saw Deboer's dive in the derby, fucking man's crazy! :p The guy's that go hard at it always end up beating their opponents at the end, and they're extremely valuable to their clubs.

Yes thats what I love about Cross too. Definately always a contender for B&F every year just because he does this. He is half the reason why Boyd gets alot of his disposals I reckon. Well not alot but he wouldn't get half as much if Cross wasn't in there getting the hard ball.

But it is a meaningful game. PIES COULD LOSE TOP SPOT!!!! :lmao: Yeah, this will be his last year with the Pies. I can't really see him getting picked up by another club. Unless the Hawks want to take him to try and fix their ruck/forward situation, and then that could end up being the missing link for the Hawks. I doubt that happening, but anything's possible, right?

No, Pies won top spot last week. you get 4 points for a win and Pies are up on the ladder by 6 points in front of Geelong :). He wont be going to Hawks. Hawks would be crazy to try and get him. He will retire for sure. There isn't a point of him going on.

So the finals started of great. 3 out of the 4 possible matches were fantastic especially the Sydney and Carlton game. Where to start;

I guess I'll start for the first match. St Kilda went in as the underdogs. I always knew that they were going to beat the Cats. Not because they were trying to prove that they are one of the top dogs still but because they are the best defensive team in the comp. I knew that Cats skills wouldn't be up to par and it showed. There passes into the forward 50 were rushed and they just couldn't get open enough to get a good run at it. Nick Reiwoldt had a blinder, he is definately back into form at the right time. Goddard had a great first half and Lenny Hayes was consistent the whole game.

Freo and Hawks. I didn't get to see all of it but I came back at half time to watch it. When I heard Rioli was injured I kind of thought that they would lose, then I saw they were down by like 27 points because they had kicked 1 goal 11. I had a hinch that they might be able to make it a close game and but probably lose. I was definately wrong. McPharlin did a great job on Buddy if you ask me. And Mchpee, take a bow. You did excellent on Hodge. Daivd Mundy might possibly be the most underrated player in the game, and no shit I would consider him to be a top 10 player in the WHOLE league.

Do I really need to say anything about Collingwood and Bulldogs? Bulldogs had injuries which is probably why they got blown out by 10 goals. But the Pies are the best team for a reason. Dane Swan had another magnificant performance last night with 39 touches. Definately the Brownlow medalist. Gary shouldn't even get close. Leigh Brown is definately the most improved player this year. He is just so valuable now. Ryan Griffin had a excellent game as well.

Now onto the Carlton and Sydney game. It was just a great general game with the Swans only coming on top by 5 points. The first half was good but no where near as good as the second half, especially the last quarter. Both teams skills were pretty good, while both teams pressure was amazing! No one had any time to get rid of the ball. Judd had a pretty good game, had a great third quarter. Actually no. I don't think he did. I mean he got the ball but he kicks the ball 100 metres in the air. Only one of his long kicks were effective and thats all I really see from Judd now. He hurrly drops the ball onto his foot because he is expected to be tackled so his disposals aren't really effective. Don't get me wrong I love Judd, but he is a bit overrated guys. Henderson I think it is (full forward for Carlton) kept drooping crucial marks, for someone that has good hands you wouldn't expect that.

So next week we have Syndey playing Bulldogs and Fremantle playing Geelong. I expect Bulldogs to win next week and Geelong to just win. Fremantle need another year or two and then they will have there time.

So, what a joke to the end of the biggest day of the AFL calendar.

The match itself was one of the most exciting and well played Grand Finals I’ve seen and I was on the edge of my seat until the final siren. I was rooting for the Saints (as a Carlton supporter I gotta hate on Collingwood) and when they caught up I was so excited to see them get the win in the end but no, they couldn’t hold on and the Pies got a point back in front. Shortly later St Kilda managed another point which put them even with about 40 – 60 seconds left.

The final siren rang out giving us a 68-68 score. Where was the extra time? Nope, we’re getting a 2nd Grand Final next week. Am I happy I get to see these 2 teams battle again? Sure. But I am not happy about there being a 2nd Grand Final. There should be extra time after a game like that. The people in the stadium and all over Australia wanted extra time and we should have had it.

What a joke, very disappointed with the AFL for making this stupid rule. A Grand Final should end on that day, not be replayed a week later.

What do you guys think?

I am annoyed about the rules, they should have had 5-10 extra minutes each way, rather then waiting a week to play another game.
On a side note, Stephen Milne.
I cannot believe that he didn't grab the ball, and make the result a win. sure, it was an odd bounce, but surely he could've predicted how it would bounce, or atleast go for the ball untill it goes through for a behind. Well, rules are rules, even if they are shit rules.

Well, now it is all said ad done, Collingwood won the dual premiership & GF, whilst I don't want to admit it, they have been the top team this year. There match was just too dominant in the GF replay. The Riewoldt run down capped off the Saints performance, not good enough. Oh aand, congratulations to Chris Judd who has won his 2nd Brownlow.

P.S-If any modsor G-Mods see this thread, please unstick it as the season is over.

I am annoyed about the rules, they should have had 5-10 extra minutes each way, rather then waiting a week to play another game.
On a side note, Stephen Milne.
I cannot believe that he didn't grab the ball, and make the result a win. sure, it was an odd bounce, but surely he could've predicted how it would bounce, or atleast go for the ball untill it goes through for a behind. Well, rules are rules, even if they are shit rules.

*groan* not you as well beast. It has always been the rules. And there was no complaints the first two time but now it's ok to moan? Most of the people that have been complaining about the rematch after a draw are the same people that are saying the afl now is a *****e version now a days because of all the rules changing. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

If it had of been overtime there would of been alot of complaints by the losing team for not being enough overtime. So the best way to do it was a rematch.

Well it may have always been the rules, but I think it has always been financially driven. Maybe I just don't like it because Collingwood won in the end, maybe they would've. I guess it is the past now, and there is nothing I or we can do to change the rules. But I don't think it is a very smart rule, that is all I am saying and at the same time, bagging on Milne who I think is a stupid Rapist who can't keep his mouth shut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back