AFL 2009 thread

Well got my guess on Chocco Williams wrong. Has been offered an extenstion at the Power. To me this is a poor decision as I believed his time with the Power was up and it was time for someone else to step in and take on that role. Have a few Power supporting mates whom are unimpressed. Be interesting to see what happens. Also the Power are apparently trying to lure Dean Laidley across for some sort of role.

Pip, just wondering what you think of Daniel Kerr's season? To me its been incredibly poor thus far. Not that he can be blamed for it all.... some of the tactics used by taggers in the AFL atm is a disgrace, and really should be cracked down on. See Welsh on Judd Friday night as an example.

And how good is Nick Nat?? Gun!

Haha, well yes Kerrs season has been absoultly fucking shit. I thought he would be getting 25 or more possesions a game. He is getting raped by taggers and just isnät as good as he was last year or the year before. Still tho probably top 5 midfielders at west coast so why not keep him in.

As for my man Nick Naitunu, the fiji shredder. He is doing ok. For his first season he is doing ok. I loved his work against Hawks, and he is like Paddy Ryder really, Just goes for the ball. But defenders will soon realise that they shpould be doing more body work against him.

Yeah Kerr's season has been disappointing thatsb for sure. He has had a terrible time with the taggers. He has been on the end of some, I would say, illegal tagging tactics (see Joseph against Carlton) and hasnt been able to deal with it. He has to learn how to get past that like the best midfielders like Judd and Gary Jnr. I think he needs his teammates to help him out at times and to lay some blocks and put some time into his opponent.

But Daniel has to lift and work harder when he comes back from injury. He is going to have to prove that he is a very very good player in his own right (which I believe) and just wasnt good as he played with Judd and Cousins.

What a gane it was yesterday first vs second, the undefeated clash, St Kilda able to knock off the Cats by 1 goal in an enthralling game. Geelong really misssed Stevie J up forward and Ottens in the ruck. The Saints were missing King and Hudghton who will also make a difference.

The Saints should gain a lot of confidece from the win as it proves they have what iut takes to beat the Cats. The rest of the season should be interesting to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back