Aces and Eights Reveals Another Member

Pretty damn cool! Yeah most ppl have been meh about a&8's reveals, I've liked most of them but damn adding Taz was the best idea. Clearly they realised that the guys they were bring in (I appreciate most of them btw) just weren't cutting it, especially I think after the Devon reveal even though it has taken TNA a while to come to their senses.

I don't think he is going to be VP for a few reasons...

1. How many times have we seen "VP" in the ring while Taz was at the table...
2. D'Lo has clearly been playing the VP character, and is 6-7 inches taller than Taz..

Maybe he will be DOSS "Director of Submissions and Suplexes" But the swerve was totally out of the blue and its the first time TNA has gotten any sort of reaction from me personally

Great swerve. Its nice that TNA is bringing some good creative thoughts to Aces n' Eights. I would love to hear Taz as the Vocal cord of AnE. Thank God we are going to get rid off Devon on mic. Anyways great work for TNA to make that happen.

Like everyone else, I didn't see it coming. Nice job from TNA on the surprise. Now the question becomes exactly why I should care. As of right now I don't, but my mind could change depending on how TNA follows this up. The wedding segment in and of itself was well done and TNA did a good job of building up the tension of Hogan's participation with the whole event. TNA did more to build hype for the wedding throughout they show and for hyping Bellator that night than they did for the last 4 weeks before BFG.

I agree that Taz can be of great use to Aces & Eights as a mouthpiece. God knows they've needed one since they first came on the scene. If this rejuvenates Aces & Eights back into something worth watching, such as being a faction that's actually a threat & shows they're a threat by being a dominant force inside the ring when it matters, then I'm all for it.

If TNA keeps Aces & Eights with the same bullshit booking where they get their asses kicked week in & week, out unless it's 4 or 5 against 1, then last night's reveal means absolutely nothing.

I personally loved the Taz reveal. I have been a fan of his since the early ECW days :worship:. He will be a great talker for the group and actually has me caring enough about the story again that I want to watch Impact again. Wish Spike or Dreamer would of been revealed too but Taz is good enough for me. Can't wait to see where they go with the storyline.

how much of a wrestler was Eric Bischoff in WCW before it was known that he was actually the mastermind of nWo? Taz doesn't need to be physically involved, and is more than your typical announcer.
if you use this comparison to mob types, they have the mod leaders who don't really do the dirty work, but then have henchmen who do the dirty work/killing. Taz can play a good boss type. I don't think Taz is going to be getting physically involved at all. if I remember correctly, Taz wouldn't even have a match with Joey Ryan when that angle was starting so instead they used Al Snow.

I'm hoping there is a good story as to why Taz is involved, how long he has been involved, and maybe it can start to explain why this it started to begin with.

Taz is not VP.

1. How many times have we seen "VP" in the ring while Taz was at the table...
2. D'Lo has clearly been playing the VP character, and is 6-7 inches taller than Taz..

And on top of that VP himself was in that closing brawl.

I loved this reveal, I really did. I hate Taz, if you asked me yesterday one guy who I could fire in TNA it would've been him. Hate his commentary. But now I'm interested to see what he will do. And I hope he's off the booth.

But anyway, this was great. Nobody saw it coming!

Did anyone else notice that Anderson also finally had a patch on during the brawl? There was no mention of it and no real actual camera zoom in shots, but he did have a cut with a patch. The VP was there also. So, that means, TAZ can't be the VP. I'm with everyone still guessing D-Lo.

So where does Taz fit. I don't think he'll be the leader. I think he's going to just be the mouthpiece. I could easily see a Tag Team of Doc and Knox with Taz as the manager. I just wish when they'd wrestle they'd take off the cuts. In the biker shows, the cut is the most important thing for the biker. They take them off when they fight and if they lose it they're in trouble. I wish they'd take them off. It annoys me greatly that Devon sweats like a pig and wears 3 shirts when he wrestles. But, I digress.

Interested where they go from here. I hope the ultimate pay-off would be something spectacular at Lockdown. I'm guessing either AJ Styles being revealed as the leader, a double turn with Anderson being a spy, or something else that would surprise the hell out of me...

My thoughts? It was awesome! I've been a fan of Taz since I first saw him debut in WWE/F. We all knew Aces N' Eights were going to show up at the wedding, but I wasn't expecting Taz to be the newest member. I don't know what role Taz will play in the group. (I know he's had his neck issues.) Maybe he'll be an adviser of sorts. The wedding admittedly dragged on a bit and I kept saying to myself, "Hurry up Aces N' Eights and ruin this wedding!" I give props to TNA for this unexpected swerve. I look forward to next week.

Also, I was looking to see if Mr. Anderson was involved in this. Don't think I saw him there. Was he? I hope he becomes a full-fledged member.

I enjoyed it. I was fully prepared last night to find out that Austin Aries or Devon ruffied Brooke, and went through a drive through wedding ala the McMahon/HHH union.

If they use Taz as a mouth piece, and finally give Aces a "this is why we are here" promo on Thursday I will enjoy it that much more. Remember, Taz was originally brought in as the advisor to Joe's Nation of Violence gimmick. So it will be nice to get him out of the booth (hopefully) and into a more hands on role.

That being said, I still hope Jarrett is revealed to be behind all of this. I want Aces to be a group that has felt "slighted" by Hogan and Sting.

Jarrett, obviously wants revenge after getting fired by his own company. Taz, maybe he claims to have been lied to when the brought him in... and wasn't happy about how they did his ECW brethren wrong. Anderson, obviously he feels like people have forgotten about him. Devon, the same thing. Knox and Doc can say that they were brought in for try outs and lied to. Then Jarrett gave them this oppertunity, "and really, we just want to hurt people."

If TNA keeps Aces & Eights with the same bullshit booking where they get their asses kicked week in & week, out unless it's 4 or 5 against 1, then last night's reveal means absolutely nothing.

EXACTLY.

You see, this is what I mean when I say that TNA sometimes does shocking storyline twists only for the sake of shock value. If there isn't a good enough base of a storyline and direction after the swerve occurs, then what was the point?

Taz is the first legitimate threat of an Aces and Eights member since Devon... and even that was stretching things a bit. Taz should be prominently featured on television going forward and should be pushed as someone with important value to Aces and Eights. Otherwise, who really cares? A random, shocking moment is nothing without good follow-up.

Well, at least we know who the man on the inside is. Question now is, will they bother going back and explaining Al Snow being drugged, and replaced with D'Lo? At this point, I feel like they've blown their shot to include Wes Brisco. He's had far too much physical interaction with the A&8's at this point; still won't put it past them though.

Taz is awesome. I'm not sure why so many people are down on his commentary, particularly with Mike Tenay. He's not as polished a color guy as say, Bobby "the Brain" or Jesse Ventura, but few men are. I've always loved Taz commentary, dating back to his time with Michael Cole on Smackdown. Tenay is a good straight man and PBP caller. I personally think they make a good team; not looking forward to the announce booth with just Tenay and Toad. Guess we can call them TNT.

To the issue at hand, Taz is a good pick for the Aces & Eights. I seem to be in the minority that didn't mind Mike Knox being revealed a few weeks ago. At this point, A&E have traded wins and losses, losing most of their matches, but generally leaving with the last laugh after beatdowns and interference. If they're going to add a big name, it's not going to be one of the grunts that gets beaten up every week. Those spots are perfect for the Mike Knox, Luke Gallows and Devon's of the world.

One thing they don't have, to this point, is a good mouthpiece. I'm beyond sick of the leader and his distorted voice. Less of him, more of Taz calling the shots. His connection to Devon is probably what's leashed him in. Something about TNA letting Devon's contract expire, Bully Ray turning his back on Devon but still getting a new contract, etc etc. At this point, it looks like they're bringing Bully/Brooke/Hogan back into the A&8's story. Which makes sense. Glad to know we likely don't have put up with Bully and Hulk too much longer.

My guess is that we'll see ore or two more grunts revealed in the next two months leading up to Lockdown. We'll see Taz captain (from the outside) a Lethal Lockdown team of Devon, Ken Anderson, Mike Knox, Luke Gallows and ??? vs. Bully Ray, Sting, Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe and ???.

There you go. it likely gives us a "reveal" on the "D-Lo" character we've heard from for months. VP Taz has a nice ring to it, even though his vest didn't have any patches denoting his place in the club.

Like you said, Taz's vest didn't have any patches on it. He had that "Nomads" logo on the back though and that shows he's "patched-in" as DOC received it after he proved himself, Devon has it and the VP. Now you might think that the VP is Taz but the VP guy was already in the ring, with the VP patch. Even in the "clubhouse" segments; the VP has the patch, so why didn't Taz if he is he VP?

Anway, a great swerve right here, a new experienced member, a shock and also interesting. The current and even rumoured members are disappointing which, Taz adds in that fire power into the group. Finally they have a big name, not too big but big enough to make the group interesting because of his experience.

Finally I'm interested again.:rolleyes:

Well, at least we know who the man on the inside is. Question now is, will they bother going back and explaining Al Snow being drugged, and replaced with D'Lo? At this point, I feel like they've blown their shot to include Wes Brisco. He's had far too much physical interaction with the A&8's at this point; still won't put it past them though.

To be fair how much interaction has Wes really had with A&8's? He and Garrett had like one tag match. Most other times they have come out to get involved it has been on the tail-end of a beatdown and most of the gang members quickly bailed before the numbers could even up. So they have had less physical interaction than you may think.

As for the Snow/D-Lo GutCheck situation, it could be that if Wes is intended to be in A&8's the explanation is that Al had given Taz the indication he was going to say no on Wes, so Taz took him out of the picture hoping that whoever may take his place would have a better chance of giving Wes a yes. That person ended up being D-Lo who even if not involved with A&8's still could have unwittingly aided their cause.

As for last night...

Anyone who doesn't acknowledge that the Taz reveal revives the interest level of this storyline is just hating. Period. It was a great move by TNA. I don't even think that is a matter of conjecture.

And if one of the end games of this reveal is that we get to see Taz climb back in the ring, then this move is even more relevant and is in fact flat out HUGE. I don't think that is too far-fetched either. The Lethal Lockdown environment is the perfect chance to let Taz work a match. He can enter as the last member of his team, limiting the amount of time he needs to work, and the combination of the cage and all the weapons lets him get in and take some meaningful shots from the face team without having to risk taking any big bumps on the mat that could endanger his neck(Hogan could even possibly work in that match for many of the same reasons). I would mark to see Taz get in there and snap off a few random Taz-plexes.

A Lethal Lockdown match pitting a team TNA of Bully, Angle, Joe, Sting, and Hogan facing an A&8's team of DOC, Knox, Devon, and Taz plus one other reveal of a power member(Jarrett being the obvious guess but possibly someone more shocking or more tied to Taz/Devon) would make for a very entertaining match that could actually draw and looks way better on paper than what we may have predicted the teams to look like a month or two ago.

My jaw drop as I said "What the Hell?!?" I totally liked this swerve that took place with Taz. Aces and 8s DO need a great mouth piece and Taz is that piece they need. This poses A LOT of avenues that they can take with him being a part of the group. Does he stay on commentary or does he take place as a "ring-side manager". Also, what was his TRUE INTENTIONS with being one of the 3 judges of Gut Check? Was he intentional in his votes to whom he selected into the IMPACT! roster? Was Aces & 8s a part of that segment all along? I am really enjoying the nice slow train pace, and then the full throttle with this storyline.

I'm happy for Taz just because of the fact that he is getting to venture beyond the commentators booth.

And while no one saw it coming, it could be argued that anyone joining A's & 8's at this point isn't a surprise. Kinda like 90% of WCW was in the NWO at one point or another.

Nevertheless, Taz has the talent to be a part of a program like this so good for him.

I was completely floored when Taz interfered, and revealed his gear. I haven't popped like that since the attitude era and it was amazing. I really hope TNA uses this angle to take Aces & Eights to another level, now they have a legitimate mouthpiece to spread their motives.

I like the way they revealed Anderson, I didn't even notice he was there during the broadcast. It was a subtle introduction (Though it won't be subtle in the coming weeks). Also found it funny that Brooke fell out of her dress a little bit there. Hah.

I was actually pleasantly surprised to see Taz in the A&8s. Another person that I would like to see join the club or maybe even lead it would be AJ Styles. That would be awesome. TNA's face actually leading the A&8s? Sounds pretty interesting to me

Swerve? Yes, but seriously here is the thing what does Taz really bring to the table except a name...Really go to your netflix or go pick up the NWO DVD, Dusty Rhodes said it best the NWO at one point just started grabbing anyone who had a name and BAM there you have it TAZ! Aces and Eights are doing the same thing honestly only as of now it doesn't work as well because all of these guys are mid card names, DOC (Luke Gallows) is only known for being a SES member, and Mike Knox's only real claim to fame was he "dated" Kelly Kelly, other then that they are nobodies, who is currently led second in command by Devon, who honestly has never stood out as a singles star.

So what does Taz do for them? Is he able to wrestle anymore? Highly doubtful he could even pull a Hogan Match by how he puts it. Is he going to be an Aces & Eights commentator? didn't we try this before with I don't know ECW/WCW invasion, The NWO, so yeah thats original. Manage? we did that with Samoa Joe and that didn't last long. So really all it did was stall time until you reveal someone who might even close to having a name...

It was a huge surprise to see Taz align with the A&8's. I'm thinking he's gonna act similar to Ted DiBiase's role in NWO, just without the kayfabe bankroll. Curious to see how they follow this up. But they do need to inject a big name into the fold. So far the biggest names in the group is Devon and Anderson, and I think that whoever is gonna be the centerpiece of the stable has to be a top contender to the HW title. AJ maybe? Or James Storm? Who knows. But I'm starting to lean towards Brooke being the key to all of this; she is affiliated with someone from A&8's, much like Stephanie McMahon had secretly aligned with Triple H back in the day. As for Taz, I like the addition. Now more masks need to come off.

I didn't watch Impact, because "me poor old mudder" is in hospital and I went to visit her.

When I saw this thread, I thought, "Oh, joy. Who will we have the pleasure of forgetting this time around? Oliver Grey? Danny Lerman? Even 'the phenominal' Dylan Bostic?"

I am fucking delighted now. Taz is someone we know and care about and the gang needs him extremely.

Talk about a swerve. I didn't expect Taz to be apart of A&8s, I don't think anyone did.

He adds some name value to the group, and god knows they need some. I'm also curious as to what role he takes. Perhaps he'll lace up the boots once more? Or will he be in more of a manager role?

This proves that aces and eights is a mid card stable that just so happens to be in the main event. Its just one mid carder after another getting revealed and thats not a slight against any of them. They just aren't main eventers. I knew this is what was going to happen because they painted themselves into a hole with the type of heels they could have in this group because they were heels.

I marked out a little and it was a pretty cool moment. To blend the Ace's & Eights swerve in with the wedding was a masterful move and it was a massive shock.

I don't think he is the VP though, as the VP was clearly in the ring beating on people when the brawl occured. He'll be a more than suitable mouth piece until the VP is revealed so I think this is a fantastic move.

Really keen to see how they utilize Taz in the role in the coming weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back