• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Aces and Eights Reveals Two More Members

it wasn't a surprise to see Garrett revealed and more so Brisco. they've been speculated for some time.
but I have a problem with when they were revealed. TNA has had plenty of time where they could have revealed Garrett/Brisco, but they chose to reveal them on a show that was TAPED. now not everyone knows the spoilers, but when some do that's more than would have known if it was done live. I expected Garrett/Brisco to be revealed into Aces/Eights, but I think it could have been cool to see how it was done, live. I think it would have had more suspense to see a masked Aces/Eights guy climbing the cage to get into the ring to fight Kurt, if nobody knew who it was going to be.
Garrett/Brisco are not main members of Aces/Eights, and they don't need to be. I guess the blue print is nWo. the nWo still had lesser members like XPac, Buff, Norton, and even Vincent.
I don't think this is going to get Garrett "over" to where viewers are now going to be interested in watching him. but I do think now being heel is better than him being face and pretty much irrelevant. I've felt like that for awhile, and think I even made a thread here back when Eric was still around on how Garrett should be a heel and get heat just because Eric is hated so much and Garrett is Eric's son.
I think it's too early to tell on Wes Brisco. I don't think he's wrestled enough to have much of an opinion on him. if he can feud with Angle and Angle can help get him over then it could be beneficial to Brisco and help establish him.

one problem I think there is with Aces/Eights is, we haven't had any talk for awhile now of a leader. there is still a President and Vice President left to be revealed. yet there hasn't been any mention of either lately. it might be too easy for viewers to think/assume Devon has been the leader.

I think it's too bad Anderson got in the group the way he did. he wasn't revealed at all. I think seeing Anderson being unmasked as a member would have had more of an impact than anyone else that has been revealed.

I thought it was done pretty well. I think Angle should've taken Garrett's mask off himself. But other than that it was good.

I think Brisco was good. Amazing how he looks so different with the hair tied back. At first I had no idea he was the long haired guy till I saw it here and I was like "Shit...it IS him. Damn the internet!" They did a good job of disguising him at first I thought. He'd only show up every so often with Angle. But as time went by he became more regular and by then...

Anyway, we all knew they were in, so you might as well have done it on a taped show. Good crowd reaction. I really hope Garrett can start cutting some sweet heel promos to make us all hate him even more :lmao:

This was one we all knew would happen sooner or later. I don't hate either guy, but I can't see this doing anything for either of them. It doesn't do anything for Aces and Eights either. One positive is that Brisco might get to do some matches with Angle, and maybe Angle could help him improve in the ring a bit. I think it is time to start getting into the meat of this Aces and Eights storyline. It's not really helping them by giving us these reveals every other week. I have enjoyed most of this story, but am ready to see the end.

Garrett should not be in. Brisco should just to further my proposed angle with Garrett.

After the whole Jackson James thing and turning on Eric Bischoff Garrett started tagging with Devon.
Devon left him behind for As & 8s.
Looking for a new mentor/trainer he winds up with Angle.
Then he was reluctantly placed with Brisco through his connection with Angle. Brisco turns on him and Angle.
Now Garrett begins to get a "Don't Trust Anybody" attitude and blames Angle for putting him together with Brisco.
Now a loner, Garrett sticks to his own and tries to take the fight to Brisco. After many beatdowns, he is saved by Sting and Angle.
He slowly starts to trust Angle again and Sting.
Sting is revealed as the VP of A&8s.
Garrett again reverts to his loner status much to Angle's disappointment.
He is shown on the phone taking advice for his career.
Leading up to Lockdown it's revealed to be Eric Bischoff on the phone who Garrett brings in as a manager.
Eric makes the save in the weeks leading up to Lockdown.
At Lockdown, Eric is outside the cage as Garrett faces off against Brisco.
At Garrett beckoning, Eric takes the key from Brain Hebner to safeguard it from any A&8s.
As Garrett gains the upper hand, DOC and Knox charge down the ramp. Eric steps in their way, using his body to guard Garrett. Then he slowly smiles and reaches in his pocket to hand the key to the boys.
Garrett can't believe what he is seeing and gets another beating at the hands of A&8s.

After Team A&8s (Sting, Devon, Anderson, masked President, another masked man revealed during the match to be AJ Styles) beat Team TNA/Hogan (Angle, Samoa Joe, James Storm, Bully Ray, Magnus) Lockdown ends with A&8s obviously in power.

This sets the next chapter in motion with Garrett again a loner who sets out to destroy A&8s. His career goes on to follow DDP's during the NWO saga. The guy constantly getting screwed by the bad guys and always overcoming and keeping his head held high.

I was at the TNA show in Manchester when Garrett and Brisco were revealed as Aces & Eights members, and there really wasn't that much crowd reaction at all.

When Angle came out for the cage match with Brisco at his side, I said to my friend that I thought this would be the night when it would be revealed that Wes was part of Aces & Eights, and I was proven right.

When Brisco got into the cage, it was obvious what was going to happen, TNA haven't really made this reveal at all shocking, and rather than the boo's and jeering that you would have wanted at a "big" reveal like this, both Bischoff and Brisco just got the "YOU CAN'T WRESTLE" chants.

I haven't been impressed by either of these guys so far, but I reckon if they became a tag-team while in Aces & Eights, they could actually do a decent job in that division and learn their craft rather than being thrown into top level feuds. TNA could do with another tag-team anyway.

I will say Brisco's short ponytail had me fooled. I kept wondering who the long haired member was until I saw him pull his hair down.

I will say Brisco's short ponytail had me fooled. I kept wondering who the long haired member was until I saw him pull his hair down.

Much like the metaphorical geese on the isle of lesbos, these two becoming members of Aces and eights was not as iconic as when 32eire32 and Brendanhughes1980 became members of the MILF on IR.net.

Good twist.

So it only remains the president and vice president. One of them is Eric Bischoff , the other one who could be Jeff Jarrett ? Or Bully cause the VP looks like Bully . What do you think?

This whole angle is lacking. None of these guys seem like bikers. It's a bunch of mid card jobbers with no real appeal,other than Anderson maybe.

Yeah, its just another nWo angle. The difference is that that the reason people cared about the nWo is that it actually had people who people cared about instead of a bunch of losers.

Aces and Eights is what the nWo would have been if Scott Norton and Vincent were trotted out there as the founding members. Once guys like them were members of the nWo you knew the angle had run its course.

This angle is just boring and gives you no reason to care. I know I probably sound like a TNA/Impact Wrestling (whatever its actually called) hater but I would love for TNA to actually not suck and be a viable alternative to WWE.

Aces and Eights is running in the opposite direction compared to nWo. nWo you knew early on who was in charge. we still do not know who is the President and Vice President of Aces and Eights. those are 2 powerful positions. I wish they would mention that more though, so that people would know there are still 2 main people to reveal.
I do think Aces and Eights has made numerous mistakes. such as so much losing. with them having numbers, they should be booked using those numbers to win matches, or if they are losing it's because of DQ rather than clean pins.

I just got caught up on TNA finally and let me say... Aces & Eights started out as an interesting concept because they were trying to cash in on the success of Sons of Anarchy and the re-emergence of biker gangs... Kudos to them for that. It was a somewhat fresh take on the age-old takeover stables.

Then they started revealing the members... Devon being the first. Okay, not a bad choice. It was at the very least a breath of fresh air for a guy that was drowning in mediocrity on his own. Could have been a better first reveal, but not bad.

Next reveal was Luke Gallows/Drew Hankinson/D.o.C - I was fine with Luke Gallows, he was at least part of a relevant storyline in WWE, and he even got a rub from CM Punk during his infamous shoot interview. They booked him to be a bad ass right from the opening gate, which is the way a man of his size should be booked. Alright, go TNA! Plus they had him beating the shit out of people with a hammer... How cool is that?

Moving on... The A&8s offer membership to Ken Anderson, who accepts. Alright then... I've found Anderson to be pretty bland and boring since he left WWE, but hey, maybe this will be a fresh go for him. I'll look past the whole thing where Ken said he didn't need anybody but him, and his legion of "Assholes" a time or two before, because it's TNA's booking team we're talking about.

And then.... well, that's when shit starts getting stupid... Angle unmasks one and reveals him to be Mike Knox. Really? Mike Knox? What can I really say about Mike Knox? Not a whole lot because he hasn't done anything worth mentioning.

From there we get Taz revealed during the wedding of Bully and Brooke... This move makes less sense than Mike Knox for the fact that nobody really gives a damn about Taz. The whole angle they're going for here is having an announcer on the A&8s side, similar to Bischoff with the nWo... The major problem here is Taz isn't even remotely believable, and his announcing has been piss poor at best since leaving the E. Terrible, terrible.

So... to no surprise to anybody Wes Brisco and Garrett Bischoff become the two newest members to round out the group. Oh boy, to quote Tony Schiavone "that'll put some asses in the seats." Neither of them can work in the ring for shit, and they can't talk or sound believable as was proven on this past week's Impact... Brisco's promo seemed so forced that I'm surprised a turd didn't slip out of his mouth. Awful stuff.

There's two members left to be revealed, and I'd bet one of my nuts that one of them is Eric Bischoff and the other is Bully Ray as the leader... Bully Ray might be able to make it interesting for a while but he's essentially leading 2013's version of the fucking J.O.B. Squad.

This is just another example of TNA building something that could be somewhat interesting and then turning it into a giant pile of shit before our very eyes. TNA are becoming reverse magicians, and I'm almost begging for them to close the curtain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back