Absolute Best Tag-Team 2001-2006

• Thread starter T_Mighty_J_Mitch
  • Start date

Who was the absolute best tag-team of the last 5 years?

• Edge & Christian

• World's Greatest Tag-Team

• La Resistance

• Dudley Boyz

• Hardy Boyz

• Los Guerreros

• Undertaker & Kane

• MNM

• Billy & Chuck

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion the greatest tag team ever was The Rock and Sock connection as in terms of pure star power, fan pops and high comedy there was nothing better than Foley and the Rock.

That said I'm not sure if its due to the time period but that wasn't an option. Thus I went with Edge and Christian who were one of the more entertaining tag teams a few years back. As for the Matt Hardy fan who seems to get off on slagging Edge in every thread here, Edge is great on the mic and in the ring. He's a heel and generates heel heat. There are very good reasons that he happens to be main eventing these days and is the current champ.

Furthermore, the comment that "Christian carried the tag team of Edge and Christian" are laughable. Edge was the guy who carried that team. His promos were better, his in ring skills were better, and he was the one of the two who didn't look like he was in the wrong weight class with a number of the other teams. Christian always looked too small, furthermore he looked like he should be in Hanson until he finally cut his hair and grew a beard. He did better with an image makeover and his Captain Charisma thing and was in the mix as a fairly solid mid card talent. But he jumped to another company because a mid-carder in the WWE can main-event in a fledgling company with fewer views and a shallow talent pool. He's now a big fish in a small pond.

But hey I guess that's a better fate than Matt Hardy last seen main evening on Sunday Night Heat.

Edge and Christian, is there really competition to their charisma, not to mention decent skills?

La Resistance - > Who are they?
Dudley Boyz - > All character and hard core
Hardy Boyz - > They are in 2nd place for extremeness
Los Guerreros - > 4th.
Undertaker & Kane - > They where both old guys and couldn't perform top notch.
MNM - > 3rd.
Billy & Chuck -> Ay?...

Their charisma and "decent skills," huh? That's a helluva defense.

DUDLEY BOYZ

And remember, E & C teamed only for 8 months during this time period.

What about Kane and Big Show? The were amazing, really good. They had their titles for about a year, and they won everyone. If it wasn't for stupid May 19th...WTF?

DX would be great Tag Team Champions OR imagine Bobby Lashely and Batista they would dominate!!!

Well, I would say that if I had to take a tag team to put up against anyone it would be the Brothers of Destruction. If you're asking who did the most for the tag team division in that era, it's probably the Hardy's.

Edge and Christian were before 2001 for the most part. I am in the group that thinks Christian carried that team, BTW. The WWE made a huge mistake putting Jericho in Christian's spot for SS last year. Sure, Jericho put on a great match, but he was leaving the WWE. Christian, on the other hand, was on his way to being a main event-player, but the WWE botched that one big time. His promos were garnering more heat than anyone besides Cena last year. He should have been given that push and should have gotten rid of Tomko.

Status
Not open for further replies.