Absolute Best On The Mic 2001-2006

• Thread starter T_Mighty_J_Mitch
  • Start date

Who was the best on the mic, in the WWE, the last 5 years?

• Chris Jericho

• John Cena

• Christian

• The Rock

• "Stone Cold" Steve Austin

• Edge

• Triple H

• Kurt Angle

• John Bradshaw Layfield

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

T_Mighty_J_Mitch

In our next series of "Absolute Best" (2001-2006) here on the WZ forums, we move onto mic work.

Who had the absolute best mic work in the WWE, the last 5 years?

(2001-2006) "Absolute Best" Past Winners

Heel: Triple H

Baby Face: "HBK" Shawn Michaels

Tag-Team: Edge & Christian

I want to vote for Austin, but he hasn't really been active since 2003. JBL has been the top mic worker since 2004, so I voted for him.

Everyone listed here is excellent on the mic, but I select Triple H because he's one of the few people that's equally adept at playing a face or a heel. He can make you despise him (despite seldom ever going for cheap heat), or cut some of the most hilarious promos around.

i would say JBL but he has only been doing his great promo's since 2004. Rock and stone cold arent' around anymore, so i guess i would pick HHH, becasue he has been around for the last five years, and can cut good promo's heel or face

Triple H. Stone Cold and the Rock were very entertaining but they did mainly use catch phrases and get cheap pops. When Triple H cuts a promo he makes you believe WWE is actully real. He sucks you in and you believe he means every word he says for the length of that promo. Check out WWE.com triple H vids and watch Triple H/Ric Flair highlights you'll see what I mean.:wwf:

I really enjoyed Christian when he was given time. The Rock, however, was given more time in that span so I'll go with him.

I say Chris Jericho.

His feud with The Rock was absolute gold, as were the promos.

Then he had a good 2 1/2 year heel run, where he was the highlight of the show (pun intended).

He was no doubt, WWE's MVP in 2003.

And watch his 2004 face promos. Awesome.

2005, he did get a tad stale, but was still the top mic worker on RAW.

Jericho is no doubt one of the best ever on the mic, and def. carried the WWE on the stick during this 5-year period.

The Rock's mic skills were so far beyond everyone else's on this list aside from jericho that its silly to even have them compared to him.

Ya until John Cena started with the mic but ill admit his mic skills now werent as they where when he was the usa champ and b4 then

^ Exactly (kind of).

Remember guys, this is a 5-year span.

Cena was ok for like what...a year?

HHH bored the shit out of people for a few years there.

I just want the logical guy to take this here...

Status
Not open for further replies.