Absolute Best Match (2001-2006)

What was the absolute best match, in the WWE, the last 5 years?

• The Rock vs. Steve Austin -WM 17

• Steve Austin vs. Kurt Angle -Unforgiven 01

• The Rock vs. Hulk Hogan -WM 18

• HHH vs. Shawn Michaels -SummerSlam 02

• Elimination Chamber -Survivor Series 02

• Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit -RR 03

• Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho -WM 19

• HHH vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit -WM 20

• Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels -WM 21

• Other (please state)

Results are only viewable after voting.
T

T_Mighty_J_Mitch

Welcome to the latest installment of WWE's Absolute Best (2001-2006) here on the WZ forums!

I had to add one more section on this time span, because I think it is absolutely necessary. But next week, guaren-damn-tee, we will move on to 1994-2000!!!

So...

What was the abo****e best match, in the WWE, the last 5 years?

(2001-2006) "Absolute Best" Past Winners

Heel: Triple H

Baby Face: "HBK" Shawn Michaels

Tag-Team: Edge & Christian

On The Mic: The Rock

Feud: Triple H vs. "HBK" Shawn Michaels

Female: Trish Stratus

Match: ???

^ 2001-2006

And I messed up on the other one (no poll).

No way. The first elimination chamber absolutely rocked house. Hogan vs Rock close second though

All of these are great matches so it’s really hard to choose. My favorite one of the bunch was The Rock vs. Hulk Hogan from Wrestlemania 18. It wasn’t much of a technical masterpiece, but it was definitely a big-time match between two of the most charismatic figures in WWE history. The fact that it took place in Toronto in front of those whacky Toronto fans made the match that much more surreal. It was just a fun match.

HBK vs. HHH summerslam 02.It was awesome.Alot of action.Long enough and it looked like it was some of their best work.

there are a lot of good ones, but as a wrestling match i'd say michaels vs angle takes the cake. i've watched it a million times and it doesnt get stale

Definatley HBK vs. Kurt Angle at WrestleMania 21, that match was a wrestling clinc and it goes to show that the WWE can put on a "Wrestling" match that the fans will enjoy and get their money's worth.

I gotta go with Angle vs. Benoit from Rumble 03.

It was everything wrestling should be, an athletic drama, done to the absolute fullest, with two of the best EVER.

Every single Angle v Benoit match I ever saw had me hooked from start to finish, that in my book constitutes a great wrestling match. The HBK v HHH last man standing match when they were both counted out was also amazing. Slightly off topic, I have to say that Angle v Taker for the World championship a few months ago was another extremely well worked match in which I was engrossed in the whole time, and to me, showed that if used correctly (not just against talentless "big guys" where the matches are at a snails pace) Taker still has a lot to offer as a main event wrestler.

There are three matches that arent on this list

Ric Flair vs Edge in their ladder match

HHH vs HBK on the last Monday Night Raw of 2004 I believe it was

HHH vs HBK in their 2 of 3 Falls match for the World Championship at Armageddon

guys dont forget on smackdown when it was Brock Lesnar Vs The Big Show and brock superplexed show of the top of the ropes and the ring broke

i went for benoit and angle at royal rumble. twas amazing. i think taker and angle at no way out should have been there too though. i wouldnt have voted for it but it was great and has some stiff competition. but angle vs benoit all the way

ya my favorite match of all time is prolly kurt vs benoit rr 03, it was truly a great match, and another match that was really good was angle and benoit vs edge and rey at no mercy 2002

^ I didn't forget any matches guys. I just couldn't list them all. I think the matches I listed were the absolute best of this time period, but of course, there were many more...