A Serious Debate: The Immortal Kane!!

Prince Vee

Better than I think I am
So this is my fourth thread of the series "A Serious Debate" and I hope it would be seriously a debate that we need.

One half of the WWE fans and the IWC have been so adamant on the fact that Kane's career is over and he should retire to give his spot to someone young and deserving.

The other half believes that Kane still got some monster left inside him and he should unleash it to run yet another "Devil's favourite Demon" role in the WWE.

But this isn't the debate is about. Kane has been in WWE for more than 10 years now accomplishing many of the titles in the WWE. He has been deemed as the ruthless monster of the Attitude Era and He undoubtedly is. So why not shall the WWE keep his gimmick and turn it with a slight modification into IMMORTAL KANE!!

In my verdict, WWE should keep the Kane name and the character even after Glen Jacobs would hung up his boots. For that I've a personal contender who could be the next Kane, LUKE HARPER!

This is going to be a bizzare fantasy. When the Authority will dissolute, Stephanie McMahon should notice that Kane's mask is gone missing. The following weeks we don't see Kane around but the shadow of him when WWE superstars are backstage. Eventually it should turn into a nightmare and Kane should haunt everyone back in the locker room individually.

As it goes for a month of so, eventually Kane's soul will take his turn to haunt Luke Harper but being creepy already, Luke gets fascinated with the soul of Kane and changes his ring attire to all Red. Then he should slowly change his character into Kane and Changing his ring gear completely into the Attitude Era Kane.

Either Erik Rowan or Bray Wyatt should try to confront him about this which eventually leads to a match between them in a PPV for which Luke makes his entrance with Kane's Ring gear without a mask and his head and beard shaved off completely. At the end of the match, with a devastating Chokeslam Luke should drag the dead meat to the mat and Tombstone Piledrivee onto the Steel Steps.

Aftermath the PPV Luke should go back to the burnt house of Kane's childhood where he finds the stolen Mask of the Kane from the Authority's office. Now the change of his character into an Immortal Kane is complete.

This could work because Luke is creepy and a great in ring worker and his physique suits the new Kane character. He'll play a vital role as a Monster for quite a few years. They can take this storyline for months and this will also let the legacy of Kane forever alive.

How about this idea? What are your thoughts on this? Are you ready to start this debate?

Let's go Mateys!! Cheers!!

I've often thought the same thing with Corbin being the next taker so I understand your logic. I don't think there's any scenario that would really be accepted or make enough sense for your ideal or mine to happen.I like the thought though. At least I'm not the only one thinking this way with a character

Without Luke Harper, Erik Rowan may as well hang up his boots unless he wants to be a glorified jobber down in NXT.

I'm glad that someone still has faith in Luke Harper, I don't usually see him as a subject on the forums.

I'd love to see Luke Harper get some kind of role that doesn't involve carrying someone else, maybe someday he'll be his own performer and will be allowed to win a feud.

If they keep Kane as Corporate Kane for long enough, hopefully enough fans will long for the days of masked Kane enough to where an idea like this would be feasible. Right now, Kane is a laughing stock and his reputation as a monster is taking a backseat to his reputation as a dork who wrestles in dress slacks. I think we'd have to wait at least fifteen years for an idea like this to be more of a career boost than career suicide.

Kane has been in WWE for more than 10 years now a

More than 20 years actually well Glenn Jacobs himself, the Kane character is pushing 20 too) only problem with Kane is he's switched from playing the monster to being normal too many times it's hard to take him serious.

If Kane is staying around I'd rather see him as a manager-type like he is now. Put a shirt on the guy and keep him out of wrestling matches, his moves are slow, uninteresting , bluh. He really didn't need to be in the MITB match, anyone else would have been better.

On first thought, it occurs that if WWE were to attempt something like this, wouldn't fans react more strongly to the spirit of The Undertaker taking over the body & soul of Luke Harper, sooner than Kane?

On second thought....yes, I realize how absurd that would be because if there's anyone in any type of entertainment whom it would be virtually impossible for another person to follow, it would be Mark Calaway. So, heaven help WWE if they ever tried this with 'Taker.

With Kane? I suppose it's possible....yet the poor, possessed guy would have to have Glen Jacobs speaking ability, unless WWE is planning to go back to the Big Red Monster identity with the mask & mystique, etc. The character of Kane has more aspects to him than one might first realize....he wouldn't be easy to portray.

For that matter, the two posters who suggest waiting 15-20 years after Kane retires before attempting this should realize that a huge part of the fan base will have changed by then and most folks would have forgotten who Kane was....much less what he was about.

Honestly, the gimmick seems a little far-fetched to me......although many of us have lived through the Katie Vick debacle :disappointed:........so while I'm not sure of the feasibility of such an idea, I want to give the OP credit for original thinking.

I'm not a big fan of these type of ideas to be honest. I've heard a lot of people talk about somebody portraying the next Undertaker, but this is the first I've heard of the Kane character lasting beyond Glenn Jacobs. At first glance, this idea seems ridiculous, but delving farther into it actually peaks my interest. I'd be very interested in seeing Harper become "obsessed" with the Kane character to the point where he starts to dress and act like him. Instead of Kane's "soul" tormenting individual wrestlers however, I think it would make more sense for Harper to just steal the mask in the first place and be the one lurking in the shadows with it on. The only thing missing is a legitimate reason for Harper to be so obsessed with Kane.

Either way, I wouldn't want to see Luke Harper completely take over the gimmick... I wouldn't be opposed to seeing a match between Kane and Harper for the gimmick where Kane wins, puts on the mask, and descends into "hell" never to be heard from again. It would make for a fitting retirement. I would hope that Harper could make an impact with his current gimmick because it works great for him. He's the best big man that the E's got in my opinion and the way he's been used has been a damn shame. I'm surprised you actually got me to buy into this a bit though, good on you "matey".

I don't think it would work. For one, Kane himself no longer seems like he has any real supernatural powers...that sentence did not seem anywhere near as stupid inside of my head...But there was a time when I bought into the idea of Kane being a demon.

Over the years though, he has been humanized to the point where he's just...another guy. Perhaps a guy with dual personalities, but just a guy. If they suddenly tried doing that, I think fans would react poorly- It bombed with fake Kane and fake Diesel (played by Kane)- and it would just make little sense. Kane lost all credibility as the devils favorite demon when he was abducted by Bray- who lost his own credibility as anything supernatural when he kept losing.

Undertaker still has that mystique to where I can buy these elements from him. Hell, even Finn Balor can be argued as something more than just human and I'd buy it. For Kane, the ship has sailed and really...is it fair to Harper to stand in those shoes? It wasn't fair to Kane to try and be Diesel. Harper is too talented to be used in that capacity. Not to mention that Kane always seemed...bigger? stronger? His physique just seemed deadlier. Harper is more athletic, but lacks that physical presence of Kane in his prime.

I think this could've worked if they would've kept him in a mask - they could've passed the mask down, kind of like they do in Mexico/Japan - but they way they have done Kane has ruined any chance of this - I vote NO!!

it's gonna suck when Taker's gone for good. best gimmick ever. if they could find the right guy for the role, I wouldn't be opposed to a second Taker. thats a massive 'if' though.

as for Kane, not gonna lie, I'll probably do a jig when he retires

There is an old saying "imitation is the greatest form of flattery" but in this case no.

There is only one Undertaker and there is only one Kane. If you try to put someone else into that gimmick, then they will always fall short, and ultimately be considered a failure.

Taker and Kane, have spent two decades crafting their characters to a point where they are synonymous with them. If Luke Harper, and I like Harper, can't stand on his own two feet without becoming a shadow of Kane, then what's the point.

Harper is a good wrestler. For a guy his size he's quick, and performs moves that you wouldn't think would be possible. He just doesn't fit the Kane character at all. There is a huge difference between Kane who was the Big Red Machine, the Devil's Favourite Demon, and a guy from the bayou.

Which if you think about it, Harper could be made even creepier than Kane could ever be. While Kane's character was sort of out there, and only really existed in horror movies, Harper's creepy backwoods character could actually exist in real life. And if you think about it, more people are scared of real life characters, and what they would perceive as something out of a comic book.

I'm perfectly fine with Corporate Kane. Guys one of the most loyal employees of the WWE and has been one for almost 20-years now. It's time for him to do more executive/managerial work like he has been, take a break, and enjoy the social aspect of WWE now more than the wrestling aspect. I enjoy his role as Director of Operations. Masked Kane had a good run and was my favorite wrestler growing up, but you can't do that masked gig forever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back