• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A one-move quick fix?

Nj Fan 04

Dark Match Winner
What single thing should the WWE do to make its product better? This should be something that can be done somewhat easily and quickly. Feel free to comment on others' ideas or post your own.

IMO, combine the tag divisions and put them on Smackdown where they can have time to develop rivalries and storylines.

What do you say?

Bring back 'jobbers' - instead of using actual talent to push new guys. Feed them to 'jobbers' - I know they use this every once in awhile when they want to completely demolish someone - one that comes to mind is Umaga and some guy that almost had his head taken off

I think if they used ppa (pay per appearence) talent more often they would be keeping their product fresh.

You're constantly seeing new faces in the ring, let them do their thing. Don't water them down, let them showcase what they can do in front of the audience and then have Umaga take their head off.

And I'm sure by doing this they would be able to find talent that the live audience likes and can become an every day player.

This would be something easy they could do to help not only themselves but the buisness as a whole

I say what WWE needs to do is Listen to the guys on the Forums. these guys have very smart and interesting ideas. these guys are way better than the writers they have over on Raw, Smackdown, and ECW brands. if they would listen to them then maybe they could start thinking better ideas for storylines, feuds, ect.. but wwe shouldn't listen to them all cause some of them don't know what they are talking about. but listen to the real smart wrestling fans and see what they want to see.

I think the one move quick fix would have to be to put more wrestling on your "A" show RAW.

A lot of my friends and I that have been watching wrestling for years love TNA, watch ECW and Smackdown regularly, watch ROH on DVD or online, and yet cannot stand RAW. We are not alone as the ratings show. RAW has less wrestling than the WWE's other two brands yet it is suppose to be the focal point of the company.

I use to only watch RAW during commercials on MNF but now its not even worth changing the channel because odds are no one is wrestling.

While I agree that more wrestling should be featured on Raw, that won't be a quick fix. I'm a big fan of the actual wrestling but no wrestling is better than BAD wrestling. I can only go through so many Highlanders vs. Cade and Murdoch matches before I want to shoot myself in the head...luckily I have Tivo so I get through them in about 15 seconds.

Come to think of it, I've gotten through an entire 2 hour broadcast of Raw in 20 minutes...

There is no real quick fix...writing is bad, boring and done before. Wrestlers are dropping like flies and the steroid investivation has made wrestling more taboo than it has been in a long time.

What WWE needs is change, and lots of it

The thing that annoys me about RAW , is not just the lack of wrestling , but the lack of matches that go to a legal finish. So many matches that are part of a storyline either get and interferance / No Contest / DQ or a "Grab Of the Trunks" , using the ropes etc... Why can't they show a few actual matches with decent ending , rather than just building up storylines.

I say go back to having an undisputed championship. Combine all three titles and have the champion appear on all three shows. This way it will bring more prestige to the title as well as allow more people to challenge for the same title. It will also make each show more interesting as there will always be the possibility of someone showing up on a show other than theres as happened many times the last time there was an undisputed championship. This would also create an opportunity for some great interpromotional #1 contender matchups.

What do u think?

As someone stated before, I don't believe their is something that can be done quickly done to help the WWE. I don't see that big of a problem w/ the situation of all the championships or the wrestling. My biggest gripe is the storylines. Their would be a new storyline creative team. Final decisions would not be McMahons, although he would have some say so, but it would be decided by a final vote between the creative team.

As someone stated before, I don't believe their is something that can be done quickly done to help the WWE. I don't see that big of a problem w/ the situation of all the championships or the wrestling. My biggest gripe is the storylines. Their would be a new storyline creative team. Final decisions would not be McMahons, although he would have some say so, but it would be decided by a final vote between the creative team.

true, my opinion is do another draft lottery, get all the guys and championships that have been down played on the big two brands and bring them to ecw, that way we will have a better roster and better chance to elevate the lower tier guys plus titles, for example move the cruiser title and shelton, charlie, val to ecw and push them like theres no tomorrow that will elevate them and the brand and with raw and smackdown fire some of the writers and bring in guys whove been in the business not someone from hollywood who doesnt know the back end of a donkey:xmen:

my one move quick fix... wrestling school, for dam near all of the talent... they have a few exceptional wrestlers and dont push any of them... london and kendrick are awesome, but they would rather put emphasis on wrestlers (and i use the term very loosely here) like umaga, cena, etc. i want to see wrestling not a bunch of punching and kicking, for god's sake throw a move in once and a while, and please while your at it learn more than 7 moves! *cough*cena*cough*

Bring back entertaining fueds. Hype up fueds like they did in the past. Keep the storylines straight and no running all over. Freshing up fueds. End the brand extension or make it seem like there really is one. Utilize talent that needs to be utilized. The main problem within the WWE is the "entertainment". Like many of you have said just bring us WRESTLING. Leave K-fed and Jackass to do their own things. Everything that needs to be done to turn the WWE around really is just simple solutions that no one seems to see.

The most recent long-term fued was Cena vs Edge. I liked how it started, with Edge winning the belt cashing in his MITB, but then WWE made the mistake of giving Cena the belt back. They shoulda have the good old fashioned face trying and trying to get the win over the heel, but the heel always cheats to win. Then after several attempts the face wins and everybodys happy, lol. But that fued dragged on and on and on with Cena always looking like the super hero. So my quick fix would be to have 5 fueds. Main event, Intercontinental, Tag Team, Faction War and Womens, but WWE never really have a intercontinental fued its always just matches, the tag division does get more airtime now with WWE trying to do something with them, but lets face it nobody wants to see The Highlanders, lol. Id love it if we had a faction war, faction wars are pure gold, and it gets people over, so why the hell dont WWE make 2 factions and friggin fued them?! Womans matches, 3/4 minutes of half naked women screaming, pulling, scratching, biting, bitching and the occasion wardrobe malfunction, I dont have a problem with it aslong as it lasts 3/4 minutes. Id also sign more talent to the roster, if the brand extension gets taken away then great, but WWE guys cant be expected to perform on 2 shows, plus do house shows aswel. As another guy said id leave out the 'celebrities' to do their own thing, Steve-o has no point being getting involved in WWE cause last time he did, he broke charactor and got his ass pummeled.

its just my opinion but my favorite period of time watching wrestling was the attitude era so i think they need to have like a attitude era two u know bring back the hardcores matches and bring in some wrestlers that dont mind pushing peoples buttons

They need more cliff-hangers aswell. Ending RAW and Smackdown! leeping people wondering is great. They were really nailing it on the head with the Explosion and the Child storyline. We need more of that. They should send off fake reports to reporters so we dont know every detail going on although I understand its much harder than it sounds.

something i've always thought would bring a spark to TV programing would be to unify the US and Intercontinental titles. Someone mentioned that there is no IC feuds, just matches and I agree. I think this would help for two reasons:
1) it'd establish a RAW vs. Smackdown 'rivalry.' the belt is either on one show or the other, and the entire roster can take pride in the fact when one of their individuals hold the belt.
2) it'd make it much more easy to bring about new rivalries/matches instead of having the same guys wrestle over and over.

I also think they should have one WWE champ, and have RAW and Smackdown champions instead of having a WWE and World Heavyweight champion. It'd be like having an NFC/AFC champ, or an AL/NL champ with one individual being the champion of all other wrestlers.

Thoughts?

Personally I want the short promos cut - Only use them for humour (More DX than Hornswoggle), hype a huge return/new wrestler or to build strong storylines.

Personally scrap half the tag teams and make new ones out of established wrestlers - MVP and Matt are a good example, although MVP I would like to see in the title frame, but more of this, however 2 faces/2 heels are obviously a better option. Matt and Rey would be good feuding with Finlay and Helms would be my personal choice, pending fitness.

Less power more Technical wrestling - Undertake/Kane are two of the exceptions to the rule, they have some wrestling ability, unlike some other lumps on matter who couldnt tell you a drop toehold from an irish whip. Angle was a huge loss, as well as others who were great techincal wrestlers.

Bring JBL into a managerial role - Get him with someone and make them a superheel, one who needs the mic skill (Dont waste with those who have the talent, see MVP/Edge)

Get the cruiserweight division going - I love watching this especially Jimmy Wang Yang, cant see why its on hold, Hornswoggle, as much as I adore him, shouldnt have won it, now we will have it almost vacant while all the cruiserweights partake in useless feuds (Noble-Vickie/Big Guys) (Yang/Moore - Deuce and Domino)

Create a New PPV where all the wrestlers compete under the influence. The first half hour is just the pre-sesh where all the wrestlers are backstage getting drunk, and playing drinking games. Then after the 30 mins of non-stop drinking, they pick names out of a hat to see what time in the PPV they wrestle. You hope for a early draw because you don't want to compete paraletic. You must drink right up until your enterence. All matches are title matches, and have no stipulations. Except the main event which is refed by Stone Cold who is also drunk. The match is a last man standing match. I would pay £20 to watch that!

I would like to see the WWE drop most of the B Pay Per Views.

I remember when you just had your main Pay Per Views -

Royal Rumble
Wrestlemania
Summerslam
Survivor Series.

This gave a lot more time for the story lines to build and the excitement for the PPV was more than it is these days.

I mean I've lost count of how may PPV's the WWE has now. I'd say realistically they only need 6 PPV's a year.

Of course the WWE wont do this because there are to many gullible fools out there that pay for all of the current PPV's and put more money into McMahon's pocket.

The WWE is sorely missing out on great backstage promos and altercations. They need to do more of "so and so" in the ring while "so and so" is backstage on the titantron segments also. Most of The Rock/Triple H/Stone Cold promos were done like this and made you want to see those superstars go at even more, rather than them always being face to face.

The in ring action should be up front above all else. After all, that is the main reason we all watch. Vince and his STUPID storylines about himself and the wrestlers are NOT entertaining, and certainly not believable, they are boring and annoying. Humor is fine to a point, but when it becomes silly and childish, and is dragged out over a period of weeks, such as was done with the stupid Hornswaggle storyline, it's demeaning to the performers who bust their butts and put their necks on the line in the ring. How can anyone take a World title match, and the anticipation that is created to promote it, seriously after seeing a midget run around and "blow up" Jonathan Coachman under the ring? Vince McMahon has taken pro wrestling to the highest level of popularity it has ever known, but he has also poisoned it with his style of theatrics and buffoonishness. It's just a shame that he has dominated the business as he has for all these years. :banghead:

bring back technical wrestling. wwe have talented amateur wrestlers who just get ignored or forced to change (i know it probably won't be popular but i think lashley's good when he's wrestling, not just clothesline, spear dominator). best match i saw last yr was finlay-benoit, and probably the most amusing was kane-show where they started out with drop toeholds.

2) free up the cruiserweights. look at the CW division.. Noble, Helms (when he's back), chavo - all ground based brawlers. they let psicosis, juventud go, toned down london & kidman by banning their moves, moved rey to main event. i realise i'm sorta contradicting myself cos the three above r genuinely talented wrestlers, but they need to mix it up with some high-fliers.

Some of my ideas....

More wrestling! The only problem with this is that your casual, come and go fan likes a lot of talk and segments along with the wrestling. And the wrestling is mainly spot. But I prefer to see a wrestling match where the ref enforces the rules, wrestlers play the rules, and the ref is consistent. Of course I like a technical match that tells a good story.

Take the cruiser weight division more seriously

Build up the tag division

Back to the basics

just some ideas...

Non- Tradition commericial breaks..... The wwe is so predictable, u know someone getting tossed to the outside is the prelude to a commercial. U know at 11:07 raw is ending.

The the wwe is so streamline and set in their ways, its sad.

I was actually in the mall the other day and stumbled into the Walden Books. I went to the sports section looking for the Chris Jericho autobiography. And I came across James Guttman's book. While I didn't agree with a lot he had to say about Vince, and Trips and HBK.. I did agree with this. He said something along the lines of back during the days of the Monday Night Wars the WWE went through more writers than a soap opera. Now when a story line doesn't work, instead of firing the writer/or finding a new story line for the wrestler, they fire the wrestler.. Which is pointless if you ask me. Back in those days Vince had more than just a few writers on staff, and they all seemed to get the job done. That's what they need to do now.

I believe milk all three brands for what they're worth. From what I've heard, politics is a main factor on RAW, it's laidback in Smackdown! and it's freelance (or some main parts) in ECW. Bring back a couple of championships, mainly in the ECW, like the Television title, the Light-Heavyweight title, or the Hardcord title (or unify the ECW title as the Undisputed Hardcore Championship). And if not, unify belts and have that single-title representative have freedom to move to all three brands. Unify all the tag titles, and have those individuals battle it out between all the tag divisions on all three brands. Have the Cruiserweight move from brand to brand, opening up the crusierweight division. Have the Women's Champion show her face in all three brands. Make some more competition than the same two or three people battle it out for a title. Have these wrestlers work for their bonuses!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back