A more DANGEROUS Christian?

CM Steel

A REAL American
On this past weeks showing of Friday Night Smackdown we saw the epic return of WWE veteran Christian. Christian defeated Jack Swagger for the sixth and final spot in the Elimination Chamber match at the up and coming pay per view. When WWE interviewer Renee Young caught up with Christian backstage after his match, he had alot to say and get off his chest. And at the end of the interview segment he stated that upon his return to the ring he was going to be a more of a "dangerous" Christian than ever before.

What could Christian mean by saying that? Upon Christian's return to the WWE in 2009 he re-debut on the now defunct ECW brand. Where we would see Christian wrestle in Extreme rules matches atleast once every month on the brand. And that's as far as we've seen the dangerous side of Christian. Christian is a bonafied in-ring veteran, but not yet of a general. Christian is one of if not the only underrated superstar on the WWE roster. So now that the WWE title is now unified with the World heavyweight championship. Now is the time for Christian to go for his and shine as the star he is and go for the WWE WHC strap by the end of this year.

But what do you expect out of the more DANGEROUS Christian so to speak?

I don't expect anything of him or the gimmick. I expect that he'll remain an upper mid-carder who can look believable in things like tag-team or multi-man main events.

I think he's more than competent in the ring, but his charisma and overall look never took off with me when he began his singles push. It's really strange too, because when he and Edge tag teamed, I liked him a LOT better and thought he deserved to be the breakout star at the time.

Not really. Christian is a very, very solid all around wrestler and knows how to help put on very high quality matches. I think that's primarily the reason both he & Cesaro were put in the Elimination Chamber match, although Cesaro being put in this match probably works into the tension that'll eventually lead to his team with Swagger breaking up.

Christian has been sidelined with injury issues really since the summer of 2012. He was out for 10 months due to a legit shoulder injury and returned in June of last year but really wasn't used all that much the last 3 or 4 months of the year. If he can stay healthy, there's a good chance he'll have some sort of match at WrestleMania XXX. As far as Christian being more "dangerous", I don't expect any sort of big singles push anytime soon. As I alluded to, he's been something of a nonfactor, all in all, for about 1.5 years and, during that time, a lot of younger guys have come along and/or risen much higher on the ladder who're positioned for more prime spots. As of right now, established main eventers like Orton, Cena & Batista, for some damn reason, are going to be heavily featured, I'm guessing The Undertaker will pop up for the post EC Raw to start up his run, and to one of the big names on deck for the launch of the WWE Network, Sting could possibly pop up at just about anytime if the rumors of him all but signing with WWE are true, and younger & fresher talent like Bryan, Big E Langston, The Wyatt Family & The Shield are all primed for big spots & feuds in the coming months.

Compared to all that's coming up, Christian's a pretty low priority right now. I think there's a possibility of Christian being part of a tag team with someone. Personally, I think it'd be pretty cool to see him back in the tag team ranks; it's how he made his bones in WWE in the first place. I can also see him going heel at some point in the coming months, probably post WrestleMania, and challenge Big E Langston; I can especially see it happening IF Langston unifies the IC & US titles. I don't see Christian as a challenger for the WWE WHC, however, outside of the EC match. I think his time there has come and gone.

I really think you can put him with one of the younger guys and make a really solid tag team. I loved Christian when he was able to goof off with a partner...he's not nearly as entertaining as a singles guy...

I expect we may see him in a more aggressive heel role in the near future, possibly ending up feuding with Big E Langston for the Intercontinental Title, but I think that's as far up the card as he is going to climb again.

Christian is a veteran now, and not someone that the company is going to want to make a main eventer and base the show around. He can be relied upon to put on a decent match and be a believable challenger, which is why he is in the Elimination Chamber, but that's as far as it is going to go. He was never pushed as a proper main eventer when he was younger, and there are alot of wrestlers on the roster with enough potential for WWE to focus on, rather than having Christian as the World Champion again.

I would personally like to see him head back to the Tag Team ranks for a while, proclaiming himself the "Greatest Tag Team Wrestler of All Time" and announce that he is looking for a new partner to reclaim the tag-team titles with. Several wrestlers could compete in a mini tournament with random partners (similar to TNA's Jokers Wild tournament) with the winning team facing off against each other in singles competition. The winner of that match would be Christian's new partner in his quest to once again be Tag Team Champion.

I see him as a full time Jericho. His matches are so smooth and fluid that he can make anyone look good. I see him winning some big matches here and there to make him look like a legitimate title contender, but ultimately putting over the up and comers like all members of The Shield, Wyatt, Cesaro, etc.

I haven't checked - has he had any matches with CM Punk or Bryan? I don't see how those can't be awesome

Jeez, I guess I'm not seeing what you guys are seeing. I've always liked Christian, but he hasn't changed his act or approach in years. He's had that "one more match" thing going the last couple years.......in the rare times he's actually been around.....and not much more.

And man! He's so physically unimpressive these days it defies the premise he'd be a threat to win a major title. Yes, he's trim but I think he could have hit the weights a little harder while recuperating; his arms are so undeveloped, he's going to look like a 10-year-old next to guys like Ryback.

Smooth in the ring? Sure, Christian knows how to work a match, no doubt about that......but appearance is so important in pro wrestling and I keep thinking if he were better developed physically, his body might be able to better withstand the pounding he takes in the ring, which might insulate him from these frequent, serious injuries he sustains. The amount of "down" time he's had in recent years is astounding and perhaps his lack of musculature is contributing to that.

I really hope we get Christian v Ambrose for the US Title instead of a unification.

I also think that Christian does work better in a tandem, as he has natural timing and makes his partner look good, but it doesn't need to be a tag team. Someone like Baron Corbin or Camacho would be a great "enforcer" for him and although it's tough to work as a face, maybe it starts because of his feud with Ambrose/The Shield, he would obviously need protection.

I don't expect any character change as such, I think it was just a good promo that showed how focused Christian is on trying to win the World title one last time as he's getting older and opportunities will become less.

I read that he's actually just a place holder in the EC match and might be switched out if WWE decide to push someone new in the match. I think beyond the EC there are two young mid card champions he can feud with and new heels like Titus and Rusev that he can help get over. Then I'd go the tag team route, a young NXT guy like Adrian Neville or Sami Zayn could benefit from being the partner Christian chooses to rediscover tag team glory.

Christian is a great mid-carder IMO and knows how to work a match. But that is all about all i can say about Mr Christian. He has a very thin frame,and i wonder if,he should have built some muscle on his frame could his body have held out a little bit more. He is one of the greatest Tag team competitors of all-time,that is a no brainer. As far as a scarier christian unfortunately im not seeing that one.

Christian is a viable veteran,a guy who is capable on putting some great matches,but injury over the years have derailed any kind of push he is going to get. To me christian is low on the totem pole in the WWE! If he can stay injury free,he might have a chance to be put on WMXXX. Its just i know some people are wondering,if christian gets injured in this match or the next one! I dont think we will see a more dangerous christian he has got to stay healthy if we are to take him serious!

If I could program my television to change the channel every time the word "Christian" is spoken I would do it. It would save me from stupid religion discussions and, even worse, listening to Christian's terrible promos and watching him work the same match he's done for the past 10 years. The Ratings Killer.. Christian.

In my mind, Christian's only real shot was back in 2005. He had a strong feud with Chris Jericho in 2004, had Trish Stratus as his girl, gained a bodyguard in Tomko and by the start of 2005 was building a feud against John Cena.

When Cena was drafted to Raw, Christian was at the top of his game in my opinion. He actually got a shot at the WWE Championship and probably could've continued strong with a feud against another top face like Shawn Michaels...

Instead he got moved to SmackDown and things went downhill from there... The biggest problem in my mind is that he lost Tomko, the bodyguard that pretty much allowed him to win against anyone. You could say that what made Christian DANGEROUS was Tomko. By himself, Christian's physical build and moveset didn't allow him to defeat EVERY opponent. Can you seriously imagine him picking Batista or the Undertaker from behind, turn them around and hit the Unprettier (now known as Killswitch)?? Tomko was the difference maker at the time Christian was most over.

Since he came back to the WWE, Christian never got back to that level. Why? Because he was always by himself. He's best at being a heel, one who has someone covering his back. Yeah, he won the World Heavyweight Championship... because of Edge's retirement. Fair enough, that gave us a great moment when he won it, but what would've followed? As a face, he would be an underdog and you know how underdogs are build in WWE these days (looking at you, Daniel Bryan...) Even more, that was Mark Henry's year... Could you really make Christian defeat Mark Henry cleanly at the time? Looking back, losing the title and turning into a cowardly heel was what was best for Christian.

As for this new claim of a "more DANGEROUS Christian"... it comes from a face Christian. Face Christian is an underdog, he won't become more dangerous. The only way for him to be more dangerous is to turn heel, have a mix between his 2005 Creepy Little Bastard gimmick and his 2011 cowardly, One More Match gimmick and give him a believable bodyguard that can take out the bigger opponents.

I doubt they will do that though, so just let Christian face opponents around his size and make them look good in one or two good PPV 10-plus minute matches.

Christian unfortunately is in that "good hand" category, company man, will not get another sustained main event push, can have great matches with ANYBODY. Will be used to elevate guys like Titus ONeill, Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose Seth Rollins, Bray Wyatt in due course. Christian's look is sooooooo dated, his gimmick or look hasnt changed since 2003 when he cut his hair. He just has mid card written all over him, and Im a huge fan, but he isnt a pinch of shit on a Brock Lesnar/Batista/Cena

his gimmick or look hasnt changed since 2003 when he cut his hair. He just has mid card written all over him

VERY true!

He's so dated, same entrance, same gimmick, same shit on the mic about one more chance. I don't think he'll be able to go this whole return run without mentioning Edge, he will..it's inevitable!

But what do you expect out of the more DANGEROUS Christian so to speak?

They expect:

-Less slapping! Only 2ishee 3 per match. Maybe 4, 4 is the max though. If he slaps and then slaps again within .5 seconds, that's 1 1/2 slaps.

-He will go to the top rope! His medium-flying, uh, jumping.. arm.. grabbing.. maneuvers are now going to the top rope! Watch Christian fly as he, hasn't flown in a very long time. He'll do moves like... the.. jump off the rope onto the mat move and, the... frog splash randomly for no apparent reason! Cept he'll call it a new finishing move called "Christian Splash!" or.. something.

-He'll use his hand as a visor less often and dangerously glare into the lights! Yes! That's a very dangerous combo right there. He'll show them how... the lights don't.. blind him!

I'm hoping that this will enlighten all the readers to understanding how much more dangerous he is!

I hope we see a more aggressive side of Christian and if he can stay healthy, he will be a very good asset to the lacking WWE mid-card scene. I think that Christian can succeed in either a heel or face role and give the US/IC championships a legit challenger, something that the titles have been lacking for a while now.
The great thing about Christian is he can make almost anyone look good in the ring and seems to have no problem putting young talent over. If the WWE lets Captain Charisma have more promo time, he could have some good feuds with young talent like Langston, Ambrose and Casero. As for the more dangerous and aggressive side of Christian, a perfect place to showing it would be by letting him have a good 10-20 minute showing in the Elimination Chamber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back