A Message from Coco The Monkey to those who support Dagger Dias for mod

Tommy "Two-Times" Mozzarella;3636974 said:
It's not that your opinion is worthless, but the regulars have a better perspective on all three candidates, and how things would play out if one of them became a mod. People who joined last month and have ~50 votes are getting PMed by Dagger, and they're just doing it because he asked them to. They're bullshit votes, but I guess that's an unfortunate part of any election process.

I totally agree with and respect everything you've just said, and you're right, it's pretty unavoidable that you get people who vote like that. But, as I've said, that isn't why I'm voting Dagger. Besides, I'd rather have my own opinion that people will probably question and tell me I'm wrong about or call me an idiot for than just follow the consensus of regulars without making my own mind up.

I totally agree with and respect everything you've just said, and you're right, it's pretty unavoidable that you get people who vote like that. But, as I've said, that isn't why I'm voting Dagger. Besides, I'd rather have my own opinion that people will probably question and tell me I'm wrong about or call me an idiot for than just follow the consensus of regulars without making my own mind up.

How much do you know about Dagger? Or Coco? Or Crock? Based on everything that's happened throughout this election, why do you think Dagger is the best candidate? Elaborate on why you believe him to be the "nice guy".

There is NOTHING wrong with you voting for Dagger for your own reasons, provided you stay true to those reasons.

I wanted a mod in an unmodded section. At first, Dagger met that goal, then he changed his mind and gunned for the WWE Section instead, meaning he no longer fit my goals. At first, I thought Coco didn't meet that goal, because I thought any mod could handle discipline in an unmodded section. That assumption ended up being wrong, and now Coco is the only candidate that fits my initial criteria.

If Dagger still represents the ideals/goals that you had in mind for a candidate, then vote for him. You might get ridiculed by some, you will not be ridiculed by me. I switched in order to stay true to myself rather than stick with a candidate I couldn't support anymore out of nothing but stubborness. If voting for Dagger means you don't compromise your ideals, then continue to support Dagger.

If Dagger still represents the ideals/goals that you had in mind for a candidate, then vote for him. You might get ridiculed by some, you will not be ridiculed by me. I switched in order to stay true to myself rather than stick with a candidate I couldn't support anymore out of nothing but stubborness. If voting for Dagger means you don't compromise your ideals, then continue to support Dagger.

What if Dagger objectively doesn't meet that criteria you set for yourself? That's what Tasty brought to light when people were voting for him for being the "nice guy".

Honestly, part of my vote is based on my experiences with Coco elsewhere. That may or may not be fair, but that's how I'm doing it.

I think the guy is misunderstood and not nearly as much of a dick as he's made out to be, or even as he makes himself out to be. He's brash and he says what he thinks, but that's probably a good quality to have in someone who has a job to do. I also completely agree with his PoV that spam discussion can often be far superior to non-spam.

I'm not here to cast aspersions on a guy I barely know in Dagger, but if he's as much of a pushover as people are saying, I'll take the guy who I know will keep some order even if he has to piss some people off along the way.

Also, the original post of this thread proves that he does care about the place. He'll make jokes about how he's not taking it seriously, but that's him. He wants to give WZ something that it doesn't have, and that has to be commendable.

Tommy "Two-Times" Mozzarella;3637018 said:
What if Dagger objectively doesn't meet that criteria you set for yourself? That's what Tasty brought to light when people were voting for him for being the "nice guy".

He didn't...which is why I switched over to Coco. Once Tastycles provided the explanation as to why my perception on mod power was incorrect, I had to reevaluate. Whether someone is a nice guy or not is completely subjective, not objective, and I can see why some poeple might not give it as much weight as others would. It's an opinion, not cold hard fact.

Tastycles' explanation to me which ended up leading to my switch was objective in nature, not subjective. I could dismiss a subjective commentary on someone's personality because it did not match my own experiences, but I could not dismiss an objective correction of a misbelief I had.

I was flat out wrong about what mods could and couldn't do, and that is what turned the tide. If I had only cared about personality, I would still be supporting Dagger. But, my primary goal was to put a mod where there was no mod. Coco fits into that, neither Crock or Dagger meet that criteria. Dagger originally did, but then he didn't.

I simply had a different set of criteria than others might have had. If BK201's top priority is to vote for a candidate he likes, regardless of need, that's his prerogative. I am not going to criticize him for it. I am not going to criticize Rattlesnake, Habs or anyone else in the ABC party for their decision either. I respect the hell out of most of them. I just had to acknowledge that their goals and my goals were no longer lining up.

He didn't...which is why I switched over to Coco. Once Tastycles provided the explanation as to why my perception on mod power was incorrect, I had to reevaluate. Whether someone is a nice guy or not is completely subjective, not objective, and I can see why some poeple might not give it as much weight as others would. It's an opinion, not cold hard fact.

Tastycles' explanation to me which ended up leading to my switch was objective in nature, not subjective. I could dismiss a subjective commentary on someone's personality because it did not match my own experiences, but I could not dismiss an objective correction of a misbelief I had.

I was flat out wrong about what mods could and couldn't do, and that is what turned the tide. If I had only cared about personality, I would still be supporting Dagger. But, my primary goal was to put a mod where there was no mod. Coco fits into that, neither Crock or Dagger meet that criteria. Dagger originally did, but then he didn't.

I simply had a different set of criteria than others might have had. If BK201's top priority is to vote for a candidate he likes, regardless of need, that's his prerogative. I am not going to criticize him for it. I am not going to criticize Rattlesnake, Habs or anyone else in the ABC party for their decision either. I respect the hell out of most of them. I just had to acknowledge that their goals and my goals were no longer lining up.

There's really no changing my mind when it comes to the abilities of the candidates. In my opinion, Dagger is the worst choice because I don't believe he has a grasp on the rules. That's the primary reason I'm not, nor will I even consider voting for him.

But in every conversation I've been involved in regarding Dagger has been his personality. I'd be more sympathetic toward Dagger if I heard more than one side of the story, but Dagger hasn't even attempted to defend himself from the things people have been saying about him, which leads me to believe that he just has nothing to say.

I think he knows going behind Tasty's back on the mod spot was slimy, which is why he has nothing to say about it.

Nobody should be blamed for only hearing one side of the story when only one side of the story is being told. I think that's why I'm so interested in lack of pro-Dagger arguments here. Nobody is making a good case for him, and I sincerely believe Dagger's only voters are non-spam noobs with ~50 posts, plus the 2 or 3 people voting down the party line, just because.

(Yes, I used a Star Wars reference. I figured that the virgins could relate to it better.)

I thought it was because they could relate further to you, as it would be the second thing you had in common with them. ;)

I was just thinking to myself, "self...do you know what this forum needs? Another thread about Dagger, so the same exact things that have been said in two other threads, can be said over and over again."

I think this election has been great. It's brought out a LOT more participation from all corners of the forum than I could have ever anticipated. Most of that is because Dagger is running. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Dagger's utter brilliance and shining example as a poster is what is drawing people to this section. But I am saying the drama and controversy against him is more entertaining than anything else currently going on. In fact, I really should be writing my TNA Review right now, but I logged in to see if anything else had progressed with the election instead. Terrible idea.

I do worry about how things play out after this election is over. There are a lot of people pissed at a lot of other people, and I think there is a serious division between all of Coco's supporters and the 'under-500" crowd that D-Man brought up. It is kind of offensive to be told that you're a complete moron for following somebody, or that you can't think for yourself, or that you have no worth as a human being....I'm just recycling things that have actually said thus far. And I'm not saying Coco doesn't have a very valid point about why people should vote for him (or Crock). Because he does. He most certainly does. I just worry that after this is over it's going to spawn a lot of bitterness in the up-and-coming poster who right now side with Dagger.

Hopefully it's just "an election thing" and we can all be civil, polite human beings in the future (yeah...Ooook...).

Here's the thing I don't understand. A lot of people have had a lot of very negative things to say about Dagger. Frankly, I agree with a couple of the points against him, but I disagree with most of it. That's the prerogative of the various individual posters, whether they be experienced veterans or "noobs".

But with so much supposed ammunition against him, why are blatantly false things being said? Such as, the only Dagger supporters are noobs with under 500 posts. Trust me, I know better than anyone, Dagger got 25 votes in round one of the primaries, and 27 in round two. 2/3 of our party, at least, are forum regulars. Why suggest something about him that is frankly untrue? It's one thing to kick the guy while he's down, but at least be factual. And this doesn't even count the borderline and exaggerated overstated comments. I don't know how Dagger will fare in the election, possibly not very well. But the suggestion that he only got votes from noobs who he bribed with rep is simply untrue.

The detractors are clearly superior in number to the 20-something guys who voted for him. Not only that, but of those guys some will and have changed their minds. Not to mention how he's said some pretty damn absurd stuff. Do I need to quote his "The staff can either get with me or get the fuck out" rant again?

Okay Habs, one thing that might not be factual. Other than that, what else has been said that isn't true? People have made claims time and time again that are 100% true and where is Dagger to deny them or to debate them? I called him a flip flopper, but I don't see anyone denying that. There's also many other things that have been said about him that are quite frankly, undeniable.

When it comes to Coco and Crock, I've only heard 1 or 2 bad things about them in this election thing. And on top of that, they've been able to successfully counter those arguments and have actually done something which Dagger hasn't at all, debated with success.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back