A Message from Coco The Monkey to those who support Dagger Dias for mod

Coco

Mid-Card Championship Winner
So the man who founded the ABC Party has come right out and said it: From day one his party was about one thing and that was keeping me from getting a mod spot. Swell. But to continue to support Dagger Dias at this point just to stick it to me is to act in favour of an outcome which is detrimental to the board. While I know without a shadow of the doubt that I'm the best choice for moderator out of the three people still in this race, I'm also man enough to meet my most extreme opposition halfway. I understand that some of you think you have legitimate gripes with me. Fine. I'm not going to grovel for your votes. But I will ask you to act in the best interest of this forum because (and I'm only saying it once so that I don't seem too sentimental) I care about this place too damn much to see harm come to it in the form of Dagger Dias becoming a moderator. If for whatever reason you subscribe to the chief tenant of the ABC Party (that I'm unfit to be a moderator), don't vote for Dagger. Don't make him the only alternative to me. Make the reasonable choice and rally your support behind Crock. If not me, back Crock to the point where he's a viable answer to my popularity. Because Dagger for mod isn't the answer.

...or some of us just think Dagger would be a good mod. Meh, whatever floats your boat, really...

The people who think that must be out of practice when it comes to the whole "thinking" thing. Either that or you've looked at none of the evidence and are speaking from a place of ignorance.

Now guys, there's already two threads to bitch about Dagger. Keep that shit out of this one.

I tend to agree. This isn't about Dagger. This is about people who think they have irreconcilable differences with me acting in the best interest of the forum.

I don't really get where all the hate for Coco comes from. I've never actually seen you do anything that you're accused of doing.

Think about the ABC name for awhile. Just do it, and you might figure something out.

I don't really get where all the hate for Coco comes from. I've never actually seen you do anything that you're accused of doing.

Originally I was down with not getting Coco elected because of "the shoot" he pulled last summer on WZCW. The more the election dragged on though (and it has dragged), the more I thought "meh". In the long run, the only person Coco would hurt if he did do something would be himself. That's what happened last time.

Coco's going to make a fairly decent mod of the spam sections if he can keep himself from pulling a Punk...and win of course.

She's not voting for Dagger and neither should you

Don't drag your wife-to-be into this...

One thing I would have to say, and this is by no means an endorsement of Coco in regards to this election, but man, he does have the ability to manipulate the English language. To take something which is reality based and therefore is not a complete lie, and twist and contort it to say something considerably different than what was actually said. Taking excerpts of reality, but making it say something largely different, and incomplete of the entire message. I have to give credit where credit is due. Manipulation at it's finest. Delicious KoolAid.

And FunKay, shhhhhhhh!! :)

One thing I would have to say, and this is by no means an endorsement of Coco in regards to this election, but man, he does have the ability to manipulate the English language. To take something which is reality based and therefore is not a complete lie, and twist and contort it to say something considerably different than what was actually said. Taking excerpts of reality, but making it say something largely different, and incomplete of the entire message. I have to give credit where credit is due. Manipulation at it's finest. Delicious KoolAid.
No manipulation. No acting in my self-interest. Seriously: Go vote for Crock.

But there Habs goes again, projecting himself onto me. Not sure why he's bothering at this point though. The untruthful garbage he's throwing against the wall keeps getting washed away by the truth everyone else is speaking.

abc.jpg

But it's manipulation if it's true? I mean, I read your response as that as well, bro. You made the claim that you started the party as a preventative measure to keep Coco from winning it all. The man has a point.

DirtyJosé;3633658 said:
But it's manipulation if it's true? I mean, I read your response as that as well, bro. You made the claim that you started the party as a preventative measure to keep Coco from winning it all. The man has a point.

I never suggested he didn't have a point. I suggested that he omitted several significant parts of the thought process. As I said, he isn't being untruthful, he's simply being incomplete. I'm sure it's an innocent error on his part; he would never do anything like that with any personal agenda :)

Notice how one again Habs is refusing to directly reply to me. He's terrified of me outing him for the used car salesman he is.

Habs, putting a smiley face at the end of your posts does not save face. It just makes you look like you're trying not to insult anyone with the utter filth you continue to post.

It's not working.

Habs, putting a smiley face at the end of your posts does not save face. It just makes you look like you're trying not to insult anyone with the utter filth you continue to post.

It's not working.

I'm insulting no one, and I have nothing to save face from.

And you know, it isn't utter filth, just because you disagree with it.

:)

This whole process for me has been about opposing one guy, supporting another, and unfortunately leaving the third guy on the outside looking in, which is too bad because I really like the third guy, yet he receives very little attention from me either way.

When the election was first announced, I had little interest in it believe it or not. I'm not a big fan of contests to pick mods, even though an earlier contest yielded a great mod in SSC. I assumed Coco would easily win a popularity contest on here, and I knew he would quickly come in and tell us how he was going to win easily, in a manner in keeping with his Internet persona. So I got to thinking if there could be a way to beat him, either myself or someone else. Hence the birth of the ABC Party.

I knew the only way Coco could lose would be a concerted group effort by a bunch of solid posters. So I tried to get the very best on board. People will incorrectly think this is because of some deep seated dislike I have for Coco but that's not the case at all, if anything it is the reverse. Ask Coco how many times he has red repped me, and how many times I have red repped him, and we will clearly see who dislikes whom. I respect Coco as a poster and admire the following he inexplicably has on here. I just wanted to challenge him as much as possible, either personally or by supporting some other candidate, the best one possible, to keep the election competitive, interesting and fun.

The point of the ABC Party was to have a competitive primary, pick the best candidate possible, and support him until the end. Without that, Coco would be untouchable. This was my idea, rightly or wrongly, and I would be a hypocrite to not stand by it till the end.

This was what you said, no? So, yes, I gather that it wasn't done EXPLICITLY to slight Coco, but still the cornerstone of the founding of the party was to grief Coco's run...to "troll him" if you will. So where's the twisting?

I get it; you still believe Dagger to be "the best man for the job". I still don't get how Coco has spun anything with making this thread. He has a point; many of the people who don't want Coco to be a mod are flocking to Dagger thinking him to be the only alternative. I think it's rather noble and...well...swell of Coco to point out that Crock is a much better alternative than Dagger. He posts all over these boards, he's around often and doesn't disappear. He doesn't drop out of tourneys and such just because he doesn't like the way things are going. He doesn't stick his head in the ground just because he doesn't like what people are saying. The point Coco makes with this thread is valid.

DirtyJosé;3633688 said:
This was what you said, no? So, yes, I gather that it wasn't done EXPLICITLY to slight Coco, but still the cornerstone of the founding of the party was to grief Coco's run...to "troll him" if you will. So where's the twisting?

I get it; you still believe Dagger to be "the best man for the job". I still don't get how Coco has spun anything with making this thread. He has a point; many of the people who don't want Coco to be a mod are flocking to Dagger thinking him to be the only alternative. I think it's rather noble and...well...swell of Coco to point out that Crock is a much better alternative than Dagger. He posts all over these boards, he's around often and doesn't disappear. He doesn't drop out of tourneys and such just because he doesn't like the way things are going. He doesn't stick his head in the ground just because he doesn't like what people are saying. The point Coco makes with this thread is valid.

Just wondering if there is any particular reason why you selectively bolded the portions which make your point, while giving less emphasis to the other portions of the quote? I'm not denying the bolded portions, I'm simply suggesting that they don't tell the entire story.

I'm insulting no one, and I have nothing to save face from.

And you know, it isn't utter filth, just because you disagree with it.

:)

You're insulting is with your intelligence, or lack thereof.

And you're right, it's not filth because I disagree with it. It's filth because it's complete garbage that you're using to try to prey on the unintelligent. Thankfully it's only working on the severely stupid, like Rattlesnake and B2K.

No, they aren't the whole story, but they are the parts relevant to the conversation at hand. I posted the majority of the post so that a bit more insight could be given as to your reasoning, but it still remains; you started the party to hinder Coco's shot. Am I wrong about that?

Habs isn't still holding on to the belief that Dagger can win with our party's support alone, is he?

DirtyJosé;3633764 said:
No, they aren't the whole story, but they are the parts relevant to the conversation at hand. I posted the majority of the post so that a bit more insight could be given as to your reasoning, but it still remains; you started the party to hinder Coco's shot. Am I wrong about that?

That's only partly correct. I assembled the ABC Party with the original thought of hindering Coco, this much is true. But Coco says it like it is some sort of personal vendetta, and that's not remotely true. What I said was I recognized Coco's popularity on these forums and that I respected it. To keep the elections from being a total exercise in futility, I wanted to mount a significant opponent to him. Not as a trolling exercise, but in a way to either elect someone who I truly felt was a better candidate, or at the very least, to make him work for it and earn it, rather than coast to the finish line.

The part that he neglects to mention is that I assembled a group of strong alternatives to Coco; non- spam alternatives. I wasn't just pushing Joe Blow to spite Coco, I was pushing the best of the best in the non-spam side of things, in my opinion, to both make Coco's chances much slimmer but more importantly, to put someone in his place that I truly thought was better.

Ask Mustang Sally (my first choice, not counting myself of course ;) ) what I told her. Ask Mitch Henessey, or Theo, or a few others. I didn't just want them on the team to spite Coco, I wanted them to run on the team to provide what I thought were better alternatives. Let me ask you something, Jose, and answer me honestly. Take my thought process, but put yourself, or Mitch, or Sally, or FunKay, in Dagger's shoes, and how's my thought process looking for the ABC Party now? Pretty clever I would suggest, and a very interesting election. I can't help it if they all chose not to run. I asked them, I even tried to talk them into it, but that's all I can do.

You all omit the part as well where I continue my support of Dagger. You all disagree with me on that, as is your prerogative. But Coco makes it sound like I am supporting some guy I don't really like just for spite against him, and that's untrue as well.

Coco tries to make my intentions look suspect. Sure my intention was to knock him back a peg or two, but I tried to do so with the best of intentions, by putting a stellar option on there instead of him. He forgets to mention this part, while he continues to try to divide the ABC Party. Pretty smart actually, especially knowing you would all buy into it, hook, line and sinker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back