• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A literal cluster... well you know.

Spjadoe05

Dark Match Winner
Ok many people debate whether the creative team for raw is good could this be the deciding factor?

Last night's commercial-free broadcast of Monday Night Raw drew a whopping 4.5 final cable rating. The first hour drew a 4.2 with 6.3 million viewers, while the second hour drew a 4.8 with 7.3 million viewers.

A few questions come to mind.

Did the show do a 4.5 because of The Donald or because of it being commercial free?

Is the storyline with the Donald really over?

If so was the content of the show enough to keep those new viewers?

And above all else, if this is the end, was having a storyline that produced such a spike in ratings end after 1.5 episodes the biggest clusterfuck in WWE history?

Thoughts?

I'll tell you why i think Raw is garbage, still.
This rating pop had nothing to do w/ the storylines being intriguing. It had to do with Donald Trump buying Raw and THEN the fact it was commercial free and THEN because its the go-home show before the PPV. Raw, unlike Smackdown, doesn't produce storylines where you're wondering where this is going to go. Either they go no where, and/or you/fans just don't give a sh-t. The trump thing left people wondering "uh what" but, it had nothing to do w/ any wrestling or wrestlers.

I'll tell you why i think Raw is garbage, still.
This rating pop had nothing to do w/ the storylines being intriguing. It had to do with Donald Trump buying Raw and THEN the fact it was commercial free and THEN because its the go-home show before the PPV. Raw, unlike Smackdown, doesn't produce storylines where you're wondering where this is going to go. Either they go no where, and/or you/fans just don't give a sh-t. The trump thing left people wondering "uh what" but, it had nothing to do w/ any wrestling or wrestlers.

I think seeing that the ratings popped like this Trump will be back for sure. Vince will probably do more commercial free RAW's maybe. I could see a commercial free RAW leading into Wrestlemaina 26. But the real test will be next week and so on to see if some of those numbers stay with WWE. Maybe WWE needs to keep Trump or his son or daughter around for awhile its a shot in the arm of WWE as you saw the ratings boost last night. I think Trump will be back cause you saw the slap and heard Vince's threat I don't think its over. HE obviously found something that helps I think he will try to keep it going some how.

I think that WWE got so many viewers because they brought in Donald Trump. And by bringing in The Donald it attracted many viewers that wouldn't normaly watch the WWE. And by showing them one of the best shows in Recent History. And by doing that they made those certain fans that were only watching for The Donald actual fans of the WWE. That is what I think they were doing.

Well, when I heard that the ratings sky rocketed like this, you know that Trump will be back on. Next week maybe? It will be fun to see, Raw looks like it's getting better. I can't wait to go next week! So I wonder where this is going. Maybe they'll show next week, that Trump sold half of raw to Vince. Then they have to share the powers. I dunno, anything is possible.

But, this really shows, that if WWE wants more ratings, they know how to jump 1.5 in ratings. Even if it costs a bundle.

Last week was the first time I tried to watch RAW to any significant extent. While I wasn't impressed, the Donald thing intrigued me. I knew it could go great or right down the crapper.

But the highlight was the LSM. Good match. I was more suprised but it was good. Beyond that, could not have cared less.

The Donald/Vince segment really made my head hurt. Was Vince's goal entertain kids while giving adults a reason to get hammered at the event? I guess if you are hammered, he hopes you'll be looser with money. How does Vince go bankrupt on something that he no longer owns? I thought, okay maybe was a false shoot. Maybe Vince's character was thinking "Okay Donald, this was cute but your taking it too far. Time to end this angle." But why do a false shoot when your target is kids? And even in a false shoot, why would he have to buy back RAW?

Another thing. I believe Vince graduated from ECU with a degree in business. I've heard of teasing. I have heard of bait-n-switch. I have heard of the innoculation effect. I have even seen delaying fulfilled promises. I'm not sure where "say something sweet and then tell them to screw off while giving them nothing" fits in business. Trump promised more freebies. I understand you can't do commercial free or admission free events very long and sustain WWE's budget. But maybe there is something else. Celebrity hosts... could be interesting. Dennis Rodman as GM? His (Donald's) daughter maybe toying around with Randy Orton or John Cena for a night or 2? But last night reeked of Vince Russo-in-WCW booking. Screw logic. Screw credibility. I just want to make headlines for a day. I thought they could easily trash this angle but I didn't think it would take a week.

Twice in 2 months, WWE has been able to break into mainstream. They didn't do a good job of capitalizing the first time. I expected better this time.

Oh well. Some will enjoy it and others won't. I think RAW has probably lost me for the summer (maybe I'll tune in for September's PPV) unless they come up with a massive angle or huge match. Right now the only thing on RAW even close to getting my interest is Miz and Cena. Only time will tell if they elect to bust Miz back down a few pegs.

Oh well, at least there is still SmackDown.

Honestly the main reason the ratings were so good is the commercial free + Pay per view type match.

I recalled that one of the news sites reported that USA network gives WWE like 450,000 in revenue to put commercials inbetween RAW and that most people tune out during that time and may not turn back if something more interesting happens. But think about this even if everyone thought Raw was garbage (not saying anyone did or didn't) people tuned in the whole time to watch show incase something did happen. Honestly if WWE were to be smart I would capitalize on commercial free for both the top of the hour main segments/main events like WCW did and that would capitalize a little more on getting viewership. But you also need a great main event to hold interest.

Just a thought but being on the independent scene what do I know I'm just a ref

Well this weeks raw rating most likely went up because of Donald Trump and the fact that it was commercial free. Although i though RAW was somewhat dissapointing. the last man standing match was about the only thing that kept RAW good for me. next weeks rating will not be as high and as far as the trump storyline it shouldnt be over yet but then again if it is i wouldnt be suprised. i hope it continues and gets interesting, and not like there last feud a few years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back