A Hip-Hop soundtrack to a WWE PPV!?

I compleatly agree. Now im not trashing the rock shit cause some of it goes hard but now WWE is just using shit music by shit rock bands because its shit cheap. Now take a look at the original summerslam 09 promo

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv8NQxyxspg[/youtube]

Pretty much like all the other PPV promos for the past 2 years right? now I took it upon myself to make a version of it using a hip-hop song- Get up by 50 cent

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBiP-GTT_OU[/youtube]

Now i think that the last one is pretty good and that occasional hip hop songs in for PPV Theme songs would be nice.

oh and here is it to LL Cool J Mamma's gonna knock you out

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKv1sXtgM6Y[/youtube]

"these muthafuckas wont stay quiet, we start up a riot, til every muthafuckin bitch up here dyin"

that would be great for the kids. Shit, make it the theme of Wrestlemania 26.

What better way for children to learn of violent civil disobedience and it's consequences than through the lyrics of a rap song? Books are for *****es Norcal, my children will learn about life through gangsta rap and my belt.

HAHA this shit is hilarious. But back to the ORIGINAL QUESTION yes it'd be nice to hear some hip-hop used for a PPV instead of Sick Puppies and stuff like that, but NOT LIL WAYNE please or Yung Dro, even though if they did use a hip hop track it'd be one of these artists b/c that's what people love these days unfortunately.

BTW: Shelton Benjamin's music-rap
The Brian Kendrick's was rap over rock
Ezekiel Jackson's-rap

The music fits their character ala Santino, Goldust, HHH, HBK, Undertaker, etc. as mentioned before.

I said WHITE TRASH, not white people, smart guy. Are you claiming to be white trash then? Is your house on cinder blocks?

dude im the complete opposite of white trash you douche bag, no my house isnt on cinder blocks i actually live in a very nice house you you can shut the fuck up.

before i get a notice for spam let me add something to this thread.

wwe is a multicultural company and hip hop is used, as is reggeton, latin music everything so i dont think them not using a hip hop song as a ppv theme is a big deal.

I'm a huge fan of rap, and would absolutely LOVE to see some more rap music used for the theme of a PPV. I like a wide varitey of rap, and of music in general, but they should really use a little bit of rap. I have no idea about the statistics of children enjoying which kind of music, but they should at least add a bit of diversity. I bet there are a lot of children who enjoy rap or "Hip Hop". They don't even need to make it a well-known song, or a hard song, they just should experiment with a few soft, "Hip Hop" songs. I'd love to see a change like that from the WWE.

I'd enjoy more rap/hip-hop songs for PPVs too... they can easily find a song that would fit whatever PPV they were using it for, would only require a little bit of searching.

They shouldn't have a problem with one or two obviously-censored curses in the song either. I'm not saying they should find a song that drops the f-bomb every other word, but they had no problem censoring that Kid Rock song - the one that said "I wanna fuck you like I'm never gonna see you again" and "I wanna get you stoned". If they can make an exception for that clown then surely they can do the same for a decent hip-hop song?

the Aerosmith theme is just fine its better than Whine your Body Up

"Whine Up" > "You Gotta Move"

Occasionally is fine as long as it's not something regular. I can't imagine hip hop songs representing WWE PPV's that are being headlined by Triple H, Jeff Hardy, CM Punk, Undertaker, Batista and Edge. It just doesn't suit the WWE in general, but occasionally is fine. Hip hop doesn't suit the WWE in general. It's not a bias statement either because I listen to punk, techno and industrial yet I can admit those genres do not suit the WWE as well. My favorite band is The Misfits but I'm willing to admit their songs shouldn't be used unless it's for CM Punk's entrance.

You gotta love how some people are turning this into a "x genre is popular with x colored people". I mean.... for real? Who cares who listens to what and why does it matter? If they don't play hip hop songs then too bad. The WWE doesn't play punk music but I'm not getting stereotypical nor am I turning this into a very personal issue I must invest very much time in.

Let's be realistic. Imagine something by Pretty Ricky being used as the theme song of WrestleMania 17... that was headlined by STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN. Yeah, it wouldn't fit in the Attitude era nor should it get used in the present regularly. Maybe in the next 10 years the WWE will have a different feel in general and they start playing hip hop and rap a tad more often. Put your personal interests to the side and look at the big picture here for one second.

Good night people.

Because wrestling in general always has been, and always will have a vast majority audience of white trash. Those people, generally, arent very into rap music. The WWE wants to appeal to its audience, with music they enjoy. Listen to the theme songs. With themes to shows they want to sell to a broad audience, they want to appeal to the vast majority. Your not the vast majority, your the minority. So, no.

Why are wrestling fans white trash? I'll admit i might be a bit of a redneck, which has nothin' to do with watching wrestling, but white trash is a little far man. I disagree with ya on the premise that it's done to appeal to a "white trash" audience. THey probably do it because rock is cleaner, and more family friendly usually.

I know a genre they will never use,metal or hardcore rock.Once that PPV comes the kiddies will go screaming all over the place.But for once WWE should reach out to the older audience it's all the PG era that makes the kids look selfish.Atleast put a couple more heels on RAW.Why not have more than one heel main eventer on RAW? Vince McMahon lost great talent like Kurt Angle cause of his selfish decisions.That extreme rules match was not HALF as good as old ECW,RAW,or Smackdown.Vince McMahon and Kurt Angle should just make up and get back to buisness as Kurt Angle could lose Karen Angle cause of Jeff Jarett/TNA.

you can still tell what they are saying, DUMMY. and even if you cant, you can still tell words are edited out. I said less editing makes things less obvious. Even clean versions have a TON of noticeable editing, and subject matter this is inappropriate for the audience they target.

Maybe YOU should wake up

I can tell you don't listen to rap on a regular basis but just have a few songs in your library that you enjoy by a couple of artists. All rap is not "kill *****s" and "fuck bitches", but if you were an AVID rap music listener you would know that. Many clean versions of rap songs are redone with curses completely replaced by appropriate words.

Last I checked, Rock wasn't squeaky clean either. Last I checked the theme song of RAW has the bar "I'll break your fucking neck", and they bleep out fucking. How PG is that? Give me a break. WWE doesn't play hip-hop because the people who run it probably don't enjoy hip-hop, and add to the fact that hip-hop doesn't make many fight anthems these days.

I totally agree WWE needs to change thier crappy sense in music, every show has to have rock music in and it sucks

rock music isnt talented its a way for people who has no talent to make money.

for people who cant sing and have no music talent there is rock/heavy metal music for them to turn to, its not hard to shout over loud crappy music with no soul or beat.

i used to love the old style wwe theme music but not they spoil every single ppv or theme music by puttin crappy rock music in it some how. for example jeff hardys music has been spoiled,kanes music, and dont forget when they changed stone colds music wtf wwe needs to turn over a new leaf with this music stuff cause it drives me crazy and by the looks of it, it drives other people crazy aswell

I think people are putting hip hop and rap in the same category, but they are diff. Rap is guys like Nas, Tupac, the real gangstas lol. Hip hop is more the music stuff you hear at the clubs and radio, the kinda stuff you can dance too. I've heard hip hop songs with barely any swears in them, so those songs with the sweet ass beats would work. Akon ft Rick Ross "Cross the line" would have been a great theme for the HHH/Orton fued, at least the chorus would. And "Here comes the Boom" by Nelly would be a great theme for a ppv.
It could work.

I've actually been thinking about this topic off and on for years now. I'm a big fan of both rock and hip hop, so I haven't cared THAT much that they pretty much only use rock songs. However, it'd be cool if they used some hip hop songs for ppv's.

I agree that it's probably a LITTLE harder to find an appropriate rap song, but not nearly has hard as some of you guys, and the WWE, seem think; you just gotta know where to look. A reason for the lack of hip hop in the WWE might be because they're only aware of the rap they play on the radio, which is mostly crappy club-bangers/bad gangsta rap. Contrary to popular belief, there are PLENTY of quality hip hop artist who don't have songs like that.

Off the top of my head, some hip hop songs I think would work for ppvs:

"Superstar" by Lupe Fiasco
"Life in Marvelous" Times by Mos Def
"Lose Yourself" by Eminem
"Stronger" by Kanye West
"Chillin'" by Wale (probably only for Summerslam)

Also, if they don't want to use a straight-up rap song, they could always take a middle of the road approach and use stuff like N.E.R.D., Linkin Park or Beastie Boys; music that incorporates Rock and Rap. Now that I think about it, I'm a bit surprised they haven't used Linkin Park for anything before.

I totally agree WWE needs to change thier crappy sense in music, every show has to have rock music in and it sucks

for people who cant sing and have no music talent there is rock/heavy metal music for them to turn to, its not hard to shout over loud crappy music with no soul or beat.

i used to love the old style wwe theme music but not they spoil every single ppv or theme music by puttin crappy rock music in it some how. for example jeff hardys music has been spoiled,kanes music, and dont forget when they changed stone colds music wtf wwe needs to turn over a new leaf with this music stuff cause it drives me crazy and by the looks of it, it drives other people crazy aswell
Woah there,hold your horses.Rock music actually requires being talented.I bet you can't play the drums,guitar,bass,or sing.My ten year old brother rapped,and was better than alot of this crap that these so-called "musicians" make.Is all rap bad?No.Could they use it for a PPV theme?Yeah.But I doubt I will hear "When you see me on your block with two glocks screaming fuck the world like 2pac-I JUST DON'T GIVE A FUCK!" as a theme.Rap is all about fucking bitches with big asses,rolling up their blunts and getting high,killing *****s that talk that shit,and getting money.Lil Wayne is an annoying untalented junkie who drinks cough syrup and snorts cocaine and kisses Birdman.He's a gangsta fo sho.Almost all rappers lie."Now you wanna talk about guns like I ain't got none,whatchu think I sold em all?".Dr.Dre is not a gangsta.Look up World Class Wreckin Cru.He is wearing eye liner like a ***.So if rap is included in a PPV Promo,than whoopdie fuckin do rap lovers,your song appeared where all other songs that suck appear.This Aerosmith shit is terrible.Who the fuck fights to that shitty excuse for music.Let's get some metal,and no HHH not Motorhead.

The fact is that the WWE should basically use music that makes the event what it is, weather it be hip hop, rock or even music from another genre, in the end as long as the fans eat it up with the PPVS presentation then it should be fine.

IMO TNA is attempting to use hip hop in their ppvs and use music that relates to their brand and it is absolutly authful, it doesnt make the product or the brand, and makes the PPV's overall quality lack the momentum that it should do, its the first thing people see when tuning in and could be the last if it is something aweful.

Why are wrestling fans white trash? I'll admit i might be a bit of a redneck, which has nothin' to do with watching wrestling, but white trash is a little far man. I disagree with ya on the premise that it's done to appeal to a "white trash" audience. THey probably do it because rock is cleaner, and more family friendly usually.

I said THE FUCKING TARGET DEMOGRAPHIC IS WHITE TRASH. Holy FUCKING shit, can any of you read and comprehend plain and simple fucking english? Your the SECOND person to completely misunderstand and make an ass of yourself. Crap almighty.

target demographic = white = money = rock music

Woah there,hold your horses.Rock music actually requires being talented.

So does hip-hop. You think it's easy to come up with quality lyrics? Kick some shit right now brah. You think it's easy to come up with a great beat? Go on, do it up, I'll wait.

My ten year old brother rapped,and was better than alot of this crap that these so-called "musicians" make

Yo is he signed yet? If not you just be hatin'.

Is all rap bad?No.Could they use it for a PPV theme?Yeah.

So then what tha fuck are ya arguin' about K-smooth?

But I doubt I will hear "When you see me on your block with two glocks screaming fuck the world like 2pac-I JUST DON'T GIVE A FUCK!" as a theme.

What is this 1995? Dude rap is so different from the gangsta style of Tupac and the 90s, catch up with the times brah. Have you heard the shit someone like Kanye raps about? Gucci sunglasses and going to college and shit, gangsta rap is SO 90's brah.

Rap is all about fucking bitches with big asses,rolling up their blunts and getting high,killing *****s that talk that shit,and getting money.

Wrestlers like to fuck bitches with big asses, roll blunts and get high and sometimes even kill *****s. Talk to Bruiser Brody about that one brah.

Lil Wayne is an annoying untalented junkie who drinks cough syrup and snorts cocaine and kisses Birdman.

You apparently don't know what a junkie is brah. And you think drug use is exclusive to rap or something brah? Nah brah, drugs are used even more by rock musicians, go talk to Hendrix, Morrison, & Cobain about that one brah.

Almost all rappers lie."Now you wanna talk about guns like I ain't got none,whatchu think I sold em all?".Dr.Dre is not a gangsta.Look up World Class Wreckin Cru.He is wearing eye liner like a ***.

Good eye. That's how I identify homosexuals, whether or not they have eyeliner. Logic is my bitch brah.

So if rap is included in a PPV Promo,than whoopdie fuckin do rap lovers,your song appeared where all other songs that suck appear.This Aerosmith shit is terrible.Who the fuck fights to that shitty excuse for music.Let's get some metal,and no HHH not Motorhead.

What brah you want metal brah? Like alloy or aluminum brah?

Brah.

I can tell you don't listen to rap on a regular basis but just have a few songs in your library that you enjoy by a couple of artists. All rap is not "kill *****s" and "fuck bitches", but if you were an AVID rap music listener you would know that. Many clean versions of rap songs are redone with curses completely replaced by appropriate words.

Last I checked, Rock wasn't squeaky clean either. Last I checked the theme song of RAW has the bar "I'll break your fucking neck", and they bleep out fucking. How PG is that? Give me a break. WWE doesn't play hip-hop because the people who run it probably don't enjoy hip-hop, and add to the fact that hip-hop doesn't make many fight anthems these days.

Well, if I were an AVID listener of rap, I would totally not be quoting actual lyrics from pretty obscure songs now fucking would I. Get a fuckin clue please. If you want to sit here and seriously tell me that the general mass appeal main stream rap isnt mostly about killin *****s and obese anal cavities, your absolutely fucking delusional, and trying to kid yourself.

And, er hello, the rock was years and years ago, not today. holy fucking SHIT can people EVER get over the rock? he is done and gone, forever, and holds ZERO relevance to what we are talking about. Kindly stop being a moron.

"break you ****** neck" is ONE word edited out, as opposed to fucking ten of them. Its a bit more noticeable then, isnt it? They dont play rap music because they dont personally enjoy it? Again, stop kidding yourself. This is the WWE we are talking about here, if they thought it was the best way to go about making them money, they would play fucking southern gospel over the PPV commercials. Rock appeals the most to their target audience, the ones with money, so thats what they pla. I dont get what is so difficult to understand about all this.

I do think rap music would be nice refreshing change from the generic rock we normally hear for the PPVs, sometimes I don't mind songs they chose just because to me they fit the PPV.

Like others have said, "Mama said knock you out", would be the perfect rap song for a PPV.

X,I was talking to ianfromlondon.Gangsta rap was the 90's,tru dat son,and now we have bitches and hoes,money and cars,and smoking cannabis in the club.And Lil Wayne drinks his purple drank (cough syrup) in his styrofoam cup.And the usage of brah,really.I don't like brahs,I like boobs.Seriously,is Norcal the only one here who actually makes sense?

You're probably one of the very few people who doesn't like it.Rock music is for talented people who can sing or play instruments.They're music has meaning and isn't about effing bitches and hos.It's not about stealing money and getting shot and shooting others.There is no soul.Rap should be destroyed and never to come back.It's the most awful music out there.Listen to bands like Slipknot and Breaking Benjaman and Foo Fighters and see what I mean...

Rock music is for talented people who can sing or play instruments.

The Roots and Stetsasonic. Two of the best hip-hop groups of all time, and they all played instruments as a band. You fail.

They're music has meaning and isn't about effing bitches and hos.It's not about stealing money and getting shot and shooting others.

Such a bullshit line from someone who clearly hasn't heard very much hip-hop. For every song about shooting people or smoking weed, I could show you a song about Pan-Africanism or respecting women.

There is no soul.

Fuckin' ridiculous. You obviously know absolutely nothing about hip-hop.

Rap should be destroyed and never to come back.It's the most awful music out there.Listen to bands like Slipknot and Breaking Benjaman and Foo Fighters and see what I mean...

Did you really just call rap awful and than cite bands like Slipknot and Breaking Benjamin as quality music? Are you joking me? Please. Slipknot had one good album, and Benjamin has always been total and utter shit. If you're going to criticize rap music, atleast cite some rock bands with some actual fucking talent.

And if you don't like that you can just pass the blunt to tha ***** on the left

I said THE FUCKING TARGET DEMOGRAPHIC IS WHITE TRASH. Holy FUCKING shit, can any of you read and comprehend plain and simple fucking english? Your the SECOND person to completely misunderstand and make an ass of yourself. Crap almighty.

target demographic = white = money = rock music

Why would they target white trash? According to you it it's because unlike people on "food stamps" and "drugs", they can afford a ppv. I'm not sure what your definition of white trash is, but white trash is suppose to mean people with low income who live in trailer parks, hence the "trash" in their name. I don't see how the stereotypical white trash can afford a 40-50$ ppv over some other minority. Based on their stereotype they don't seem to have the money to spare.

Personally I think if the WWE was trying to target some audience with their music, it would be with pop/auto tune music we heard for the Rumble's theme. The kids of today love that stuff, and since they do target kids, I would assume that would be the right music to use. I would love some rap for PPV's, I think the idea of "Momma Said Knock You Out" for a ppv would be kick ass. Why doesn't the WWE use more rap music? I honestly don't have a clue, I just think they don't like rap music.

Why would they target white trash? According to you it it's because unlike people on "food stamps" and "drugs", they can afford a ppv. I'm not sure what your definition of white trash is, but white trash is suppose to mean people with low income who live in trailer parks, hence the "trash" in their name. I don't see how the stereotypical white trash can afford a 40-50$ ppv over some other minority. Based on their stereotype they don't seem to have the money to spare.

Personally I think if the WWE was trying to target some audience with their music, it would be with pop/auto tune music we heard for the Rumble's theme. The kids of today love that stuff, and since they do target kids, I would assume that would be the right music to use. I would love some rap for PPV's, I think the idea of "Momma Said Knock You Out" for a ppv would be kick ass. Why doesn't the WWE use more rap music? I honestly don't have a clue, I just think they don't like rap music.

because that white trash will save that portion of their welfare checks to spend on wrestling, becasue they love it THAT DAMN MUCH. Hence why they are the target demographic, duh

How exactly does hard rock and metal require no talent? I like virtually no rap other than Wu-Tang Clan, yet I can still understand it takes talent to rap. Just because people are screaming does not mean it is easy to do. Lamb of God, Children of Bodom, Killswitch Enagage, and Meshuggah are 4 of my favorite bands. All of them utilize screaming vocals, and all of their singers have talent. Plus, all 4 of those bands feature absolutely amazing instrumentals, go listen to a Meshuggah song that changes time signatures, drum beats, verse structure and basically everything about the song multiple times, and tell me that isn't talented music. The problem is metal is an extreme genre of music; most people either hate it or love it, and when people hate something, it is very easy to write it off by saying "Oh it takes no talent". Think before you post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back