• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hip-Hop stars in the WWE?

Ballistic83

Occasional Pre-Show
Hip-Hop has all ways played a major cameo in wrestling. And NO, I'm NOT talking about "the insane clown posse".

Remember last years Wrestlemania in Orlando (TNA's backyard) when Snoop Dogg clotheslined Santino in the chess? The WWE never followed up on that. And Snoop made out with Maria in the ring (I was so jealous of Snoop, he's married too) in front of all those fans.

And I remember back in late '01 when LL Cool J had a cameo backstage with the APA, to promote his new movie "Rollerball" '01 (Paul Heyman was in the film too). And a heel Booker T. interupted there friendly game of cards and started talking trash to & about LL Cool J & Bradshaw. LL then told the APA to "kick Booker's ass". LL came to ringside to with his two co-stars as well, but didn't get involved in the match between the APA Vs. Booker T. & the late Test.

And wasn't Ice-T suppose to rap or be apart of TNA wrestling at one time? But he said that "he missed his flight" to Orlando or something? Maybe he didn't want to come be apart of a second class wrestling company? Remember when Ice-T rapped the Godfather & D'lo Brown's theme at Wrestlemania 16, around the corner from disneyland anybody?

I'm sure that Vince McMahon still has tides with "the Don of Hip-Hop" Russell Simmons from there days as partners to get people from the ages of 18-36 to register to vote back in the day. Too bad the Rock aka Dwayne Johnson isn't in the WWE anymore. Where he could tag with Busta Rhymes (Cameo on Smackdown in mid-2002 with the Rock), for a one-time thing?

And as far as the realationship between John Cena & Method Man goes. It would make Meth look bad & silly to be partners with Cena. And Method Man is a BIG wrestling fan too!

Got anymore ideas? I'd like to hear them.

i thought i read somewhere before that old school pioneer melly mel was training to be a wrestler. i am down with it maybe method man could be a guest host for raw. maybe they can do a thing with r truth where he makes a itunes cd like jillian hall did. they could show the producers and artists he works with as he is making the cd. they could be weekly guest managers for him, even rap with him on the way to the ring. however i never want any of the following rap inspired ideas ever come back: pn news, men on a mission, no limit soldiers, or konans rap videos

First of all, every non-wrestler that tries to wrestle makes the matches unwatchable by not being able to sell or perform a single move. The WWE has enough cheesiness to it already. There is no need to add more by bringing in rappers. Especially ones that clothesline people in the "chess" . And I doubt Vince has "tides" with anyone at all. Seriously?

Well, "yomommma", though the grammar lesson isn't necessary, I somewhat agree with what you say that it does suck when a celeb is brought in and doesn't sell or perform right. I think it's cool to have celebrity/musician/rapper tie-ins as long as they play a very small wrestling role and spend the time to learn how to pull the moves off right. BTW, did anyone else truly enjoy the bump Dr Ken took on the floor when Cena threw him out of the ring?

Its probably because lots of rappers are or were big wrestling fans. Honestly, I don't remember hearing any hip hop as a PPV theme or even in promos.

Honestly Melly Mel is very muscular and more built than most superstars, like the Miz and CM Punk. With a little training Mel could be a WWE superstar. As far as other rappers and hip-hop/R&B stars go, I couldn't see people like 50 Cent or The Game stepping into the ring, because they have too much money to be a full time wrestler. I think that any star who wants to promote something, like most celebrity guest hosts of RAW, and like LL Cool J a few years ago, could throw in a little entertaining wrestling move every now and then, like the Shaqattack (similar to the Ho Train Attack, just put Shaw in front of it). I also do believe that R-Truth or Cryme Tyme or MVP could team with one of the rap stars if they guest host RAW anymore.

This is a bit off subject but...
With Jesse debuting Slam Master J on SmackDown. I say he forms a tag Team with R-Truth to feud with Cryme Tyme. It could be the battle of the hip-hop and it could make a good team or a really bad one. But to be honest, R-Truth or Slam Master J aren't going to anything else so here's the the chance to push "Delicious" Pretty Ricky and the Slam Master after Cryme Tyme finish there feud with JeriShow.
What do you think?

well, i could see Suge Knight wrestle.

I thought we were seeing that every Tuesday night with Ezekiel Jackson.

Anyway, I'd love to see Soulja boy wrestle Cena so he can get destroyed. Especially if Cena "Dr. Ken's" him afterwards. If not Soulja Boy, then Plies, who is equally as garbage.

Lupe Fiasco or The Roots would be awesome for Wrestlemania performances; just as long as they're not Kid Rock length. They could also get Drake, but if his legs can't handle a normal, flat stage then he might kill himself on a ramp.

Kanye West's personality would make him an interesting host for Raw, especially, if he turns the arrogance up a notch. A promo between him and Jericho would be gold.

The only thing I want to see Shaq do in the WWE is battle rap John Cena. That could easily be the funniest thing the WWE has done in years.

DMX? If the WWE doesn't want one of it's production trucks missing, I'd stay far away from this guy.

Here's an idea... Keep them the fuck away from the WWE.

The fact of the matter is that rappers or hip-hop stars are exactly that. They are not wrestlers nor are entertainers in terms of wrestling, the rap and the make music. How is that even relevant? It's not. In my opinion, the WWE needs to stay out of other people business and vice versa. To be quite honest, none of the guest hosts have been overly successful with the exception of Seth Green, who I liked. The bottom line being that people need to stick to what they are good at and sometimes they just need to stay away from wrestling.

Sure. Let the rappers wrestle. I need a good excuse to get up and take a piss and grab a beer anyway.

Seriously, what percent of the wrestling fan demographic do you think would actually give a shit if they did this? I don't mean to be dismissive but... ugh. Ya know?

Sure. Let the rappers wrestle. I need a good excuse to get up and take a piss and grab a beer anyway.

Seriously, what percent of the wrestling fan demographic do you think would actually give a shit if they did this? I don't mean to be dismissive but... ugh. Ya know?

Actually, I'm pretty sure there is a nice size demographic that would enjoy rappers. I mean people enjoy R-Truth on SD. He gets a huge pop and fan participation when he comes out.

I really think alot of people on here need to get with the times and stop living in the past. This isn't 1980's NWA running shows in the south, it's 2009 and the number one selling genre on the planet for the last decade plus has been hip hop. Go look at the charts right now, hip-hop dominates them far more than rock does.

I truly don't understand why some of you seem to think WWE fans don't like rap. Remember that guy John Cena? You know, the one who used to rap and dresses in hip-hop fashion? You know, the most popular wrestler on the planet right now? Yeah, explain to me how WWE fans don't like hip-hop please. There's a reason John Cena is number one right now.

I can understand the beef about rappers getting into the ring who think they're all that simply because they had a week's worth of training and who absolutely suck in comparison to the actual wrestlers. It's not just rappers either. It's celebrity personalities of every ilk. Their ring ability is rather abysmal compared to those who've made wrestling their profession. If they can't wrestle, they shouldn't be in an actual match.

I happen to think that the way they handled Shaq was a good one. They didn't have him as an actual competitor but as a sideline guy who got one good spot in, and with a decent amount of training, he probably could be a wrestler. Someone like Dr. Ken will never be and should never have been let anywhere near the ring. Him and his pacifier. Piven I do have a small amount of respect for just taking the risk he did in the leap from the top rope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back