A different spin on Barrett/Regal

FPSRussia

Dark Match Winner
I've seen quite a few people around the forums bringing up the topic of Regal managing Barrett, and yet nobody has brought up one of the most logical ideas... bring in William Regal as a fight promoter.

William-Reagl-Looking-Great-in-Black-Formal-Dress.jpg

Tell me he doesn't look like a slimy little promoter?

Regal would be the mouthpiece, a Bob Arum type figure, Barrett would be the legit bad-ass that they seem to be bringing him back as.

Have him come back with some bare knuckle boxing fights in the back, knocking out random opponents, which would eventually lead to his "firing", he would continue to have the fights outside of the arena with Regal eventually becoming one of the spectators taking an increased interested each fight.

After a few weeks, Regal would pull Barrett aside to discuss a business matter, Regal would eventually take Barrett under his wing and help him further his fighting skills, you could even have Regal pass along the brass knuckles down the line, a passing of the torch if you will.

Why does Barrett need a manager?

Barrett has been in the main event of I believe five PPVs including more than one for the world title. He's been the Intercontinental Champion, he won NXT and he had one of the best Raw moments ever. In short, he's done more in WWE than Regal has come close to doing. Barrett is at the point where he doesn't need a manager or a mentor, especially when he's accomplished more than the mentor already has (at least in WWE). It was the same mistake TNA made with Flair being AJ's mentor: it just wasn't needed.

I see where you are going with that idea. And I have to admidt, it's a pretty good idea. Creative of course would never think of this. They way you would have booked it is a very good! Except for the part where Barrett gets his job back where you weirdly left that part out;)

But The main problem is that Barrett doesn't really need this. He has is an amazing mic worker, and he is good in the ring. He doesn't need William Regal. Though it wouldn't kill Barrett to learn a few submissions from the master.

I see where you are going with that idea. And I have to admidt, it's a pretty good idea. Creative of course would never think of this. They way you would have booked it is a very good! Except for the part where Barrett gets his job back where you weirdly left that part out;)

But The main problem is that Barrett doesn't really need this. He has is an amazing mic worker, and he is good in the ring. He doesn't need William Regal. Though it wouldn't kill Barrett to learn a few submissions from the master.

He was pretty good on the mic during his last run, but Regal can still work a crowd better than Barrett can.

Barrett could get a massive rub from Regal :)

He was pretty good on the mic during his last run, but Regal can still work a crowd better than Barrett can.

Barrett could get a massive rub from Regal :)

Barrett spent 2010 and 2012 feuding with Cena, Orton, Big Show, and Daniel Bryan. Regal is a classic villain and has forgotten more about wrestling than almost anyone else on the roster, but at the end of the day the fans would see it as a step down for Barrett. Regal could definitely serve someone well as a mentor, just not Barrett. He'd be perfect for an agent role or something like that.

I'm interested to see Wade Barrett's return. His Clips building his return are the best thing going in WWE at the moment. I just hope WWE don't change thier mind and make him shave, and make him put his little black "Barrett Barrage" Trunks on again. I wonder how WWE being PG will make a Bareknuckle Streetfighter gimmick work. I guess they could build him as a Taller Leaner version of Brock Lesnar. Punishing his opponents with his bare hands and throwing in a few Wrestling moves as part of his move set. What will his Finisher be ? Hopefully NOT Wasteland.

Onto Regal managing him. I like the OP's idea of Barrett fighting in the streets outside the Arena, but again would WWE allow something like this with a younger Audience looking on? The idea of Regal managing him is interesting with them both being from England. I just think Barrett can manage alone. He can match Regal vocally thats for sure.

I hope they build him as an in your face, and not a cowardly heel as he was before the injury. If they do it right i think he will become the Top Heel in WWE. Maybe a Face Streetfighter would work. So many options for his return. Can't wait.

William-Reagl-Looking-Great-in-Black-Formal-Dress.jpg

Tell me he doesn't look like a slimy little promoter.

Haha! Nice pic and comment. Pure gold. *adds to favorites*

This is an excellent idea! Regal as Barrett's "slimy little promoter" would be priceless! I especially enjoyed the part where Regal gives Barrett his brass knuckles, furthering their relationship as bare-knuckle brawlers aside from their common nationality. These would have been worked if Regal was included in Barrett's vignettes.

But like what everyone else has just said, Barrett doesn't need Regal, at least not right now. He already has the ability to gain heat for himself and he can already wrestle damn good for his size. But The_Awesome_One_2000's right, Barrett could learn a few more submission maneuvers from Regal. Maybe take some pages off the Regal Stretch and modify it into something along the lines of the "Barrett Uprising" (the original name of the Barrett Barrage)? Frankly, I was surprised that Regal wasn't Barrett's WWE Pro in NXT.

Maybe in the future they could finally work together, just not now.

On paper this works but I think it is much better used for the return of Harry Smith... I long wanted to see a scenario where Regal takes him back to the UK, shows him all the old halls etc he and Davey used to wrestle, takes him to meet Dynamite, all the stuff that Barrett is talking about now "going back to his roots". From there the whole gimmick is "I'm Harry Smith, NOT A HART" and of course you get Bret, Kidd, Natalya et al involved.

It would still work for Harry if he does some MMA... As for Regal and Barrett, maybe, I do see something happening for them down the line but not quite what you suggest... More a case of Regal snapping with his "mistreatment" by Eve (taking out the garbage? could you be any more besmirched?) and recruiting Barrett to help him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back