A Big Uh-Oh For Roman Reigns?

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
In the thread discussing Jey Uso's DUI arrest from this past weekend, I mentioned that it was possible that he might not face any major consequences depending upon how much stroke he has within the company and/or if he asked his cousin, Roman Reigns, for a favor? Well, if the story that's making rounds concerning Reigns is true, then he's got his own problems to deal with.

A man named Richard Rodriguez, who is said to have owned a gym in Miami called the Iron Addicts Gym, has implicated Roman Reigns as one of his clients in a steroid distribution ring. Rodriguez has named some of his other clients and they incude actors Josh Duhamel and Mark Wahlberg.

The DEA raided Rodriguez's gym in February of last year and accused him of being part of distribution chain that brought in imported Chinese goods, my guess being that these goods were the various chemicals required to create PEDs, and said goods were manufactured into steroids in Arizona which were then distributed in the Miami area.

A filmmaker by the name of Joe Bravo, according to what I've read, is working on some sort of special or documentary or something regarding the case of the Iron Addicts Gym and he recently conducted an interview with Rodriguez and one of his statements during this interview is where Reigns gets mentioned:

"At the end I'm just trying to clear my name and just make people well aware, there's a lot more people out there that were involved and are associated with my company that many individuals did not know. One of them in particular is a very famous wrestler by the name of Roman Reigns. He was originally introduced to me by one of the informants. I've probably heard his name in the past due to numerous videos that Jonny Bravo has done, and also some including myself on my own channels. He is a very down to earth person, however, a situation involved in which… often times when you're brought to trials - which I was not, I decided to take a plea - however, they disclose discovery. Discovery is basically the proof that they have against you. One thing, one part of the discovery is what's called tried and true statements, which is basically disclosing everybody whom the investigators or people that were investigating you have spoken to with regards to your company, with regards to you, with regards to any other co-defendants that are associated with the indictment. So, that's one of the reasons why I disclosed him."

Reigns failed WWE's Wellness Policy back in 2016, but it was reported that he'd tested positive for Adderall. Now matter how you look at it, this looks extremely bad for Roman Reigns. Even IF this guy is full of crap, there's no longer any such thing as innocent until proven guilty, especially if you're someone who has his or her life in the public eye. Of course, that begs the question of why, out of all the people in the world or out of all the celebrities much bigger than Foman Reigns, why would Rodriguez decide to go for Reigns? If he's just trying to save his own ass, why not name someone like John Cena or the Rock as a client?

Stories like this can make the Wellness Policy look bad because it feeds the continuous conspiracy theories regarding WWE protecting certain wrestlers, namely the ones that are known to be big favorites of Vince McMahon. The fact that Reigns is accused or named by this guy as a client, for many, will be all they need to condemn him without any sort of offer of proof, it's just how things are. It's not fair, especially if you're someone who hasn't done anything and is about to be, has been or in the process of being run over but that's sometimes just the way it is. .

Unless there's some legit offer of proof, it's possible that Reigns might not suffer any fallout. That might also depending upon whether this story has legs and becomes a hot topic of discussion, especially in the mainstream media, or if it virtually disappears after a couple of days. If it's the latter, no big deal as far as WWE is concerned but if it's the former, then they may have no choice but to consider alternate plans for Reigns and WrestleMania.

I don't think that there's any truth to this. Maybe I'm just being naive but I just don't see it. It is odd to see Reigns' name connected with Mark Wahlberg and Josh Duhamel, Reigns is definitely the odd man out there so I can see someone maybe taking the side of, "Oh well it's such a random name to be cropped together with those two so it must be real!!"

And I can see someone taking the exact opposite stance. I'm not sure if that's where I lean but I can't help but find it odd to find Reigns' name attached alongside two A-List actors, especially considering there are "many more people out there", no matter how you try to spin it, Reigns' name sticks out like a sore thumb of randomness.

I don't wanna get into conspiracies of why he's mentioned. (I've seen accusations of this guy not being a Reigns fan and wanting to ruin his career), a lot of them just seem silly. But because of the vagueness and lack of time period... I think we have these options to consider.

1. Reigns' suspension in June-July 2016 wasn't due to Adderall, that's just what they reported.
2. It happened sometime between Reigns' first suspension and the closing of the gym, I don't find that all that likely though.
3. None of it is true.

The likelihood of this occurring prior to the Adderall suspension to me is very low. I can't see WWE sweeping that under the rug but then getting Reigns for Adderall. It would be such a PR nightmare for them if that turned out to be the case. It's still not great to try and mask up a steroid suspension as an Adderall suspension but at least they did the right thing by suspending him. (Keep in mind I'm going under the assumption that Reigns couldn't have timed everything perfectly to avoid a positive test, maybe that's where the naivety comes in)

So that would leave us with the option of Reigns coming back from his first suspension and then sometime within the 6 months after that, becoming a client of this guy... which to me just doesn't seem all that plausible. Reigns would have to be an idiot, an absolute idiot to do that. Also according to policy, after your first violation, you get tested monthly after that for an entire year, so I think we can toss that time period out the window. Unless... this is only a part of something bigger but there's no use in diving down that rabbit hole, especially considering Reigns is the only wrestling name mentioned.

The difficulty Roman has here is the "smoke without fire" premise... The media won't care about semantics, they will link this to his suspension and perhaps even question his recent illness and make whatever story they like. He's presented himself as someone relatively wholesome for the WWE but now he has been mentioned by someone who would seem to be less than wholesome, buying substances that would be illegal/against the wellness policy (which he already failed once). So either Reigns is totally innocent (which the previous suspension prevents) or he has tried to circumvent the rules in some way for the second time, caught or not.

This has kinda happened before, with the Davey Boy Smith/Ultimate Warrior and Rey Mysterio... on both occasions there were consequences, while Davey was fired for seemingly passing on a name and Warrior fired (his past catching up with him), there wasn't quite enough evidence to punish Rey at the time, except via a "demotion" of sorts but he subsequently failed twice over the rest of his tenure and was suspended both times in line with the policy. To say he got away scot-free from being named would be wrong, he didn't get another World title reign for a good couple of years.

Which side does WWE fall on here, the "fire him" for being associated with the dealer as Davey was or to go with the Rey method, wait until they fail a test... then nail them with the suspension.

Doing NOTHING to Reigns will fuel the "favoured few" narrative and in today's corporate world that won't wash. Whether Reigns fails a test, took anything from this guy or not...that he's being mentioned is damaging to WWE, just as Warrior getting HGH from one of Davey's sources was but of course firing him is not something they're going to do unless there is cast iron evidence of criminality on his part.

Investors will not be happy and thus Vince won't be... it's a scandal at a time when the focus should be on other things.

Realistically, there is only one outcome for this... Braun may well be the guy to beat Brock now rather than Roman... it's not worth the bad publicity of having the two "roid" accused guys headlining Mania. If Vince is feeling particularly angry, I could see them alter the plans for Cena/Taker and do a rematch where Taker beats Reigns... but this might be unfair to Taker.

Does he lose the IC belt? probably not as Rey was pushed to that level after his faux pas, but they do seem keen to get Miz up to 9 reigns as quickly as possible - probably so they can have a 10 reign blow off with Jericho... so Roman might have to settle for some serious depush in the next few months, till this blows over.

I feel bad for him because I wouldn't be surprise if this happened when he was in college or something like that and since the guy did mention a timeframe, everybody will be thinking that the suspension he had last year was for steroid not for adderall.

The thing is that he's now finding out what it means to be famous and stuff from the past will come up even if this is not true. I feel that this won't hurt reigns too much because WWE will protect him no matter because they need him for mania season but it's still suck for him.

That's the problem... they can't be seen to outwardly "protect a talent at all costs" in the modern climate. They are a public company, if they are found to be covering up details that could negatively impact the share price, such as their top pushed talent being involved in something like this...then lawsuits aplenty and possible criminal proceedings ahead.

No doubt today, WWE will frantically be trying to get to the bottom of it so they can put some kind of statement out or even try and cease and desist on the documentary... but the damage is done.

So if he WAS involved, his only course of action is to fess up, take whatever punishment comes and move on... if he tries to let WWE cover it up for him then it can only destroy his career... let's face it, Vince is teflon when it comes to this kind of stuff, but the talent always gets the brunt in the end.

Roman Reigns becoming the Face of WWE is finished. With this steroid incident, everything about him will be questioned. Shareholders will be screaming. If NOTHING happens to Reigns because he does print money, there will be a whole boatload of talent looking for the exits. And, the millions of dollars that WWE put in to "force feed" Roman as the Face of WWE will be down the toilet. There will be blood and retribution. Sure, Reigns will probably stay in WWE. But, he will not be The Guy at this point.

Roman Reigns becoming the Face of WWE is finished. With this steroid incident, everything about him will be questioned. Shareholders will be screaming. If NOTHING happens to Reigns because he does print money, there will be a whole boatload of talent looking for the exits. And, the millions of dollars that WWE put in to "force feed" Roman as the Face of WWE will be down the toilet. There will be blood and retribution. Sure, Reigns will probably stay in WWE. But, he will not be The Guy at this point.

Thats a bit sensational, He's wearing a bullet proof vest, this isn't going to kill him, if being caught doing steroids in 2016 didn't stop him, a random dealer citing him won't kill him either.

Also, Vince will just take this as more fans booing him, as a sign he's even more over.

Although Vince does have Congressional testimony and under oath said he'd do his best to eliminate steroids in his company; He's still going to push Roman, just like Brock got a year long title reign RIGHT after he was caught red handed covering up steroids from his UFC fight. Roman will just be cited as a full time part timer and become exempt from their wellness.

I am actually intrigued by this. There are a lot of options here with the opinions really going in favor of Reigns not having any kind of punishment for this because of his "chosen one" place in the WWE ranks.

I think differently though. I can really see his job being in question with this scandal, because if find guilty it's a spit in the company. They punished him, he cost them tons of money with his suspension and he is a guy that really got the ball to run with it. I don't see the punishment coming in the next year or so, but more to do with the extension of his contract slowly fading his star power just so he can't do anything in the competition.

I don't know. I may be naive in thinking WWE won't try to cover it up and really bring justice to it's locker room. I'll be following the story, because it can bring changes to WrestleMania plans easily. If his job isn't on the line, then his main event spot surely is and the company really needs to give consideration to someone like The Undertaker, Samoa Joe, John Cena or Braun Strowman headlining it against Brock Lesnar.

Personally I found it plausible and I am a Reigns fan (that voted for him for Best Wrestler in 2017). 2018 isn't much of an "anything can happen" WWE but more of an "anything can happen outside WWE that forces WWE to change plans".

This could quite possibly be the most wrong post in the history of this site.

First off, its not an "incident" its an "alleged" steroid guy mentioning his name in a youtube video :lmao:

Reigns will categorically deny knowing this guy, and life will go on. Does he have ANY proof other than his word that Reigns had anything to do with him? No? Well then fuck off. This probably doesn't even make it on the radar of 99% of the paying audience.

Roman will continue to be Roman, and there will be no mass exodus of talent.

Just because you want it to be, does not make it so, or make any of your post even logically feasible.

You would think a guy who is all roided up would be able to do a powerbomb by himself. Rimshot!

This doesn't feel like a big deal. I'm not too surprised that someone that looks like a roided up freak is actually roided up. Yeah, it may hurt his perceived face of the company status but it is far from a career ender. Professional wrestling, like Transformers movies exist on a different playing field than competitive sports. Despite breaking WWE's "rules" and the law, most people just don't care. He's not cheating and he's not hurting anyone other than possibly himself. I'm personally more concerned with whichever Uso got a DUI although that will pass quickly.

Or maybe the allegations are totally false. I hope we start hearing that Roman has a degree in Exercise Science.

Or maybe the allegations are totally false. I hope we start hearing that Roman has a degree in Exercise Science.

Thing is, people with exercise science degrees look like they are on juice.

You mean to tell me he is going to spend the money, risk his health, and never even take his shirt off ?

A weak claim here, really.

You don't need to take steroid to look the way Reigns does, Just look at John Cena for example, here'S a guy that got the same type of physic as reigns even better and never took steroid in his life.

So i would make to much about this plus the fact that Mark Wahlberg was also name in this make me think this is just some bullshit just to try to get famous out of this and he name drop the most famous people he could come up with.

Is there any proof? Because if there's not, then nothing will ever come of this.

WWE will probably look into this, but if they don't find anything, it doesn't really matter.

Their Drug policy has always been full of grey area anyway. Not sure how iot is now but in the past wrestlers who were injured were allowed as directed by doctors to take certain banned drugs including Steroids. Rey i believe was named having taken some for a leg injury. if there is any truth at all to this they will make up an excuse to excuse it.

Then on the flip side i you go outside the WWE Umbrella so to speak and get medicine via your own personal doctor(Paige last year) they will go and suspend you. The only way anyone will ever take the policy seriously at this point is if all talent take random testing and if someone completely outside the WWE handles who and when testing is done.

Am I in the minority, in that I don't care if professional wrestlers or actors use steroids? They're not using them for performance enhancement, just "look" enhancement. Honestly, I haven't read too much into these new allegations but it's not like steroids are illegal, they're just banned in competitive sports.

Am I in the minority, in that I don't care if professional wrestlers or actors use steroids?

When you get right down to it, I think there are more people who feel that way than are willing to admit it.

Honestly, I haven't read too much into these new allegations but it's not like steroids are illegal, they're just banned in competitive sports.

Steroids are 100% illegal unless they're prescribed for you by a doctor and have been since 1991, at least in the United States. Even then, they're still viewed with suspicion due to the fact that so many doctors have been caught writing prescriptions for PEDS for people who don't need as they're not rehabbing from significant injury.

The reason they're illegal is because of the potential health risks associated with abusing them or even using them without abusing them over a long term period of time. In some ways though, it fits right in with the same crap arguments the government makes for any illegal substance yet, of course, the government's just fine with alcohol and tobacco. A million+ people die each year in the US due to conditions brought upon by long term use of booze or tobacco products, everyone knows about the long term effects and risks and more die from using these than every other drug combined by an obscene degree.

Some have brought up Reigns' looks and generally speaking, he "looks" like he doesn't use them. It doesn't mean that he doesn't, it just means that he has a more natural look to him than someone who uses them frequently or abuses them. It's difficult to look at someone and say definitively that they're on something because, in part, there are so many different kinds of PEDs that do different things. Some of them increase size, some of them help increase definition, such as Human Growth Hormone, some function almost like a super laxative by helping eliminate solid waste, AKA crap, some help to shed excess water from the body to help improve definition. Most, but not all, men who use steroids often, or use them too much, have muscles that look really rounded and pumped, almost like something you'd see in a comic book character, whereas natural muscles have angles and slopes. For instance, the Rock in the Hercules movie in particular was very likely using PEDs whereas Cesaro is someone who probably isn't but, again, all of that can depend different drugs and what they're use are.

Not really, lol.

WWE suspended him once, which means that they take no shit from anybody these days, even if you're their golden boy and revealing that you have failed a drug test will hurt their image.

Roman is clean, if he had done anything, I bet he would have paid for it.

Am I in the minority, in that I don't care if professional wrestlers or actors use steroids? They're not using them for performance enhancement, just "look" enhancement. Honestly, I haven't read too much into these new allegations but it's not like steroids are illegal, they're just banned in competitive sports.

I'm with you on this one. I never understood why wrestlers shouldn't be allowed steroids. I guess there's just a general law that says, "don't use steroids".

It takes one misleading headline on one of these websites that ridicule wrestling to begin with.

That being said, Roman had his first strike, came back and beat Undertaker at Mania.

Reigns just issued a statement saying he's never heard of the guy or the clinic. He certainly wouldn't be the first person to denounce his steroid use, I can think of dozens of names from baseball alone who've done it only for it to come back and bite them severely.

Something I found interesting though was that in the statement he said that he's been tested 11 times since his suspension but that number should be more like 14-15. The wellness policy states that you're to be tested once every month for an entire year if you get suspended. Which means that from June 2016 to June 2017 Reigns should have been tested 12 times. Then you go back to the standard testing which is a minimum of 4 per year. So once you factor in the 6 or 7 months since then you should be getting another 2-3 tests done. I wonder if there's any chance for that to become a story.

I think it will be interesting to see if it sticks to the actors. If it can stick to them (doubt anything will stick to wahlberg after donating a heap of money to the flavour of the month, no I'm not saying sexual assault is fine or a joke just having a dig at how hollywood and the media work) and cause an issue there, wwe will be crumble because they'll get some kinda bad press or some bullshit.

I think it would be a better option for the WWE to strongly stand by reigns and publicly say there is no evidence to suggest otherwise. Surely it is better for a publicly traded company to be seen to be backing their employees (or independent contractors) instead of throwing them under the bus. At the very least it has to be good for locker room morale to know that Vince has got the boys back

Reigns just issued a statement saying he's never heard of the guy or the clinic. He certainly wouldn't be the first person to denounce his steroid use, I can think of dozens of names from baseball alone who've done it only for it to come back and bite them severely.

If I was him I wouldn't have acknowledged it at all. If the story is untrue then not saying anything would hopefully make it go away. Once you start saying that you aren't involved, then you open yourself up for rebuttal.

All this guy who is doing the name dropping has to do is provide video, taped conversations or even just a picture showing that Reigns did know him. Then what does the WWE do then? If something like that does pop up then Reigns is a liar and nothing he ever says again can be believed. (no pun intended)

I fell like he's damned one way or the other, If he release a statement, then he might take a risk of having the other guy replying to the statement on the other hand, if he doesn't release a statement, even if this isn't true, he's hiding something. So he took option number 1 and called his bluff, i wouldn't be surprise if Wahlberg and the other guy mention does the same thing soon as well.

Something I found interesting though was that in the statement he said that he's been tested 11 times since his suspension but that number should be more like 14-15. The wellness policy states that you're to be tested once every month for an entire year if you get suspended. Which means that from June 2016 to June 2017 Reigns should have been tested 12 times. Then you go back to the standard testing which is a minimum of 4 per year. So once you factor in the 6 or 7 months since then you should be getting another 2-3 tests done. I wonder if there's any chance for that to become a story.

He'd "get a pass" for the month he was off cos his brother died and also when he was "sick" recently. Demanding a drug test while someone's grieving, would be a little beyond the pale... likewise, if someone is on medication for a meningitis style virus, you're probably going to get a screwy test either way. They'd more likely make sure they test him when he returned and had been back for a while, just to make sure he didn't use to get back quicker/was covered for it by scripts.

I'm a little late on the whole thing, but there is no chance any of those things are bound to happen.

I'm also not convinced that this story is real, I feel that this story was created by him just to make him sound like he's a big commodity. Basically, he has a inferior superiority complex: He talks hot shit and it sounds like he can do it, but you know that he's lying and he's only puffing himself up to make himself good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back