Slayer vs Fishbone

• Slayer

• Fishbone

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
1st Round 90's Match

Slayer vs Fishbone

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!​

I like Fishbone. Fun punk-ska. But they've drawn a terrible first round opponent in one of the god's of metal in Slayer.

I'm not a huge metalhead like some people on here, but I fucking love the days of 80s thrash. Slayer fills that void nicely.

Forget their later, amazing stuff. Just their first album, Show No Mercy, makes me vote for them here. Such an underrated classic that doesn't get the respect it deserves.

Kerry King is definately one of the best metal guitarists of all time, easily. Gotta go with Slayer on this one. How couldn't you?

Slayer easily takes this one. They helped Pioneer thrash metal in the '80s with Metallica. Some of the heaviest riffs of the times came from Slayer, and they helped bring harder metal to the mainstream. I don't know much about Fishbone, but that's proof right there that more people know about Slayer, which equals a bigger impact.

Slayer easily. The band pretty much defined 80's Thrash with a consecutive release of damn fine Metal albums. Outside of very few Metal bands, their influence is unmatched within the genre.

I've never been a fan of Fishbone. I like their idea of fusing several genres and they pull it off great, but outside of Truth and Soul, they don't really interest me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back