Creed vs Saliva

• Creed

• Saliva

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
1st Round 90's Region Match

Creed vs Saliva

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!

IC, what are you doing man...you can't make me choose!

Pearl Jam rip off they maybe, but Creed are pretty damn good in my opinion. Scott Stapp's melodic and distinctive voice lends itself to the slow ballads, while at the same time has that rocky edge to it for the rockier numbers in their repertoire. Also, I find the lyrics more thoughtful and deeper, although i know the religious overtones won't appeal to all.
Saliva - I like a few of their songs as they take the edge of the monotony off the trip to university in heavy traffic.

Also, both heavily used by WWE in recent times...Creed in the 'Desire' videos, Saliva with Y2J and Batista's themes, as well as Ladies and Gentlemen for WM23

Overall, Creed get the vote, but i'm not impressed with you partner

Creed - My Sacrifice
[youtube]3eUSsbd9924[/youtube]
Creed - What If
[youtube]pEijnCAg2-8[/youtube]
Creed - My Own Prison
[youtube]ydCdqcBafNk[/youtube]
Creed - With Arms Wide Open
[youtube]1HdGUNm6-qI[/youtube]

Saliva - Ladies and Gentlemen
[youtube]pxo3OnekPg8[/youtube]
Saliva - Click Click Boom
[youtube]K47W0UTq_9o[/youtube]

I feel like less of a man now for having even voted on this match-up.

Contrary to what Polly says, both Saliva & Creed not only suck, but suck at borderline genocidal levels. Studies have shown that Creed and Scott Stapp are the leading cause of cancer and the Holocaust.

Really, is it even possible for a man to be so incredibly stupid, egotistical, and such a bad writer as Stapp is? It defies logic. No way could a human suck this hard and bad at writing music and being a decent human being.

Saliva are only a little better, so I voted for them. But they're still total garbage. Saliva sound like about 3000000000000 other bands on every modern rock station right now. Line up their music next to some Puddle of Mudd and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

A vote for Creed is a vote for the molestation and torture of millions of puppies and kittens.

Ok, I may just save this statement to cut and paste:

__________ deserves more credit than XFear gives them.

In this case, the answer is Creed. I voted for Saliva, but it wasn't easy.

I enjoyed Creed's sharp, early sound. My Own Prison wasn't a bad debut, and the song "One" was enjoyable. I have debated with many people the meaning of the song, as I believe it to be an indictment of communism.

Saliva is a bit better, though. "Back In Your System" was a great Sophomore offering. The music is simple, and the power chords are redundant, but I generally enjoy them. Seen them in concert 3 times, met Josey Scott after one show - actually a VERY cool guy. Rest in Peices was a cool mainstream hit for them, and Separated Self is an anthem for anyone who feels that they'd like to split themselves in half and just get past a bunch of bullshit. After 9/11, "Pride of America" was a hard anthem for fans to release some aggression to. And of course, I think every action film is now REQUIRED to play "Click, Click, Boom" as some point.

WWE made these guys, and I've enjoyed their work so far, but-

Creed deserves more credit than XFear gives them.

Yet another band I wanted in this tournament, my vote goes to Saliva. Even though they were definetely made by WWE, "Ladies and Gentlemen" has become a popular song, even one year after it's release.

I do enjoy Creed, though. They had their share of big hits and spawned quite possibly my favorite modern band (besides the Foos and QotSA), Alter Bridge.

Fuck, another match up with two shitty bands, Saliva is terriable, but Creed....Creed is one of the worst bands I have ever fucking heard, seriously who listens to this shit? Creed is so bad that their own fans have attempted to sue them for sucking, Stapp is an embarrassment to the music industry, I mean remember when this guy started mouthing off to the guys in 311 at a bar, and then swiftly got his ass beat?:lmao:

Saliva sucks but not nearly as much as fucking Creed, so Saliva gets my vote in this one simply for being the lesser of two evils

I like Creed. Creed is just very easy to listen to. They have a hard sound mixed with brilliant vocals. I know it's unpopular and most people think it sucks. They sure are no Ben Folds, Sigur Ros, or Jimmy Eat World, but "Higher," "My Sacrifice," and "You Stand Here With Me" are all quality tracks.

Saliva is just awful. They kind of went away after their lead guy teamed up with Nickelback's lead guy. Note to Saliva dude: don't EVER team up with the frontman of the worst band ever.

I went with Saliva. They just seem more original to me. They play more of a variety of music. All different kinds of rock. I don't own any of their CDs, and don't know a lot of their music, but I like what I've heard from them for the most part.

I'm not a big fan of Creed, mostly because of Scott Stapp. I like the rest of the band, and I like Alter Bridge, but I'm not a fan of Creed. For one they're too religious for me. And secondly, Scott Stapp just sounds like an Eddie Vedder rip-off in my opinion. Saliva is just the band I prefer more.

You really just did this to me? :disappointed:

This is the toughest for me to choose. They're 2 really good bands, and both are so talented. In the end I went with Creed, because it seems more people have voted Saliva and I can't decide which I want through.

I can see quite a few people hating on both bands here, which I think is unfounded. They may not be to certain peoples tastes which is fine, but I think you should still be able to recognise a good band at work.

You really just did this to me? :disappointed:

This is the toughest for me to choose. They're 2 really good bands, and both are so talented. In the end I went with Creed, because it seems more people have voted Saliva and I can't decide which I want through.

I can see quite a few people hating on both bands here, which I think is unfounded. They may not be to certain peoples tastes which is fine, but I think you should still be able to recognise a good band at work.

Unless of course that band isn't good. At all. Like Creed.

I understand what you're trying to say, but it really only applies to critically acclaimed bands, and not bands that are reviled by more then half of the world. For example, I'm not a big Pantera fan, but I can respect that they were a great band.

There's no "good band" to recognize. The lyrics are terrible, the guitar playing shoddy and contrived at best, the drumming is decent, and Scott Stapp is one of the biggest rip-off artists of all time. Could he be trying any harder to sound like Eddie Vedder? Really?

Wow. Just wow. The only match up harder for me would be 3 Doors Down and Saliva. Creed was my favorite band until I started listening to Saliva. Both have great stuff, but Creed seemed to have just a few songs, which were all huge hits. Saliva has its fan base, including me. To me what is holding back Saliva is their live shows. While I never saw Creed, I did see Alter Bridge and they flat out rocked. Saliva on the other hand, was the worst concert I've ever been to. Creed wins my vote, but by the slimist of margins.

xfearbefore said:
There's no "good band" to recognize. The lyrics are terrible, the guitar playing shoddy and contrived at best, the drumming is decent, and Scott Stapp is one of the biggest rip-off artists of all time. Could he be trying any harder to sound like Eddie Vedder? Really?
I disagree. While Creed's guitars weren't technical in any way, Mark Tremonti is an amazing and highly underrated guitarist. While I think his guitar work was held back in Creed, if you listen to his work in Alter Bridge, you would know that he's pretty damn good. His work in Creed was okay, I wouldn't call it shoddy by any means. Creed was just held back by Scott Stapp and his ego.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back