Nickelback vs Silverchair

• Nickelback

• Silverchair

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
1st Round 90's Region Match

Nickelback vs Silverchair

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!

ROFL This is great right here considering I've been listening to nothing but Silverchair for the last 24 hours. Such a fantastic band that doesn't get the credit or recognition they deserve.

I'm sure I don't even need to tell you Aussies who Silverchair are, considering every single one of their albums have gone to Number 1 in Australia, but for the rest of you, they were the last true grunge band. Arriving late in 1993-94, and with the members of the band being only 15 when their first album was released, they get written off as being amateur. Bull-fucking-shit. These kids could fuckin' ROCK.

I would post some videos, but they probably wouldn't work, so PLEASE for the love of god, go to YouTube, and search for these songs, or if you have Limewire, download these songs:

"Tomorrow", "Stoned", "Suicidal Dream", "Shade", "Faultline", "Freak", "Ana's Song", "Israel's Son", "Pure Massacre".

Those songs right there are reason enough to beat many a band in this region IMO, let alone freakin Nickelback.

I thought I had truly come to the worst of the worst when it came to the Goo Goo Dolls, but I was mistaken. Because here's Nickelback. Literally, the worst band of the last 20 years. They are that bad. Every song is the same, and every song is fucking terrible and torture to my ears. The lyrics and writing are among the worst I have ever seen in my entire life. Chad Kroegar is pretty much just the scum of the Earth.

Seriously, how can anyone like this band? It scares the shit out of me that someone would enjoy pain so much that they would actually subject themselves to listening to Nickelback.

VOTE SILVERCHAIR PEOPLE! GIVE THE LAST GREAT GRUNGE BAND A TRY!

(prepares to take abuse)
I voted for Nickleback. why? because I like them! it's true, I like Chad Kroeger's voice and (for the most part), i like the lyrics. for example i think 'Far Away' is one of the best songs i've heard in a long time. there may be a sentimental reason for that as my fiancee lives far away from me and i miss her, but some of the songs strike a chord with me.
so they have my vote...now if you'll excuse me, i'm going to vote for the Goo Goo dolls

This is a tough one.

On one had, Nickleback. Yes, I thought they were shit when they did the Spiderman song. But over the years, they seem to improve and Rockstar just seems to be an anthem for every failed person out there. Everyone wants to be a rockstar, yet so many dont become rockstars :p

Silverchair have always impressed me, every since I heard a couple of songs on a mates pc a while ago. Granted, I never have gotten my hands on a album(student funds = lose ), so im going to toss a coin...

I like Nickelback. I do. They are a fun band, I enjoy their music.

But Silverchair is PHENOMINAL, and talk about UNDERRATED! XFear gave you all a laundry list of great Silverchair songs to listen to, and just the entire album "Frogstomp" is worth a look.

And if that doesn't grab you, checkout "Anthem for the Year 2000." Awesome grunge / youth song. The cuts and notes are razor sharp. The band is just great.

I don't mind Nickelback, but Silverchair really should go over here.

As X said in the wrestling forums so many times, if you vote "____" you hate wrestling, well I'm saying it here, if you vote for Nickelback, you hate Music.

Nickelback is so damn god awful. I lumped Linkin Park as the worst band, I stand corrected. This band is a sad attempt at ripping off Creed, which was a sad attempt of ripping off Pearl Jam. So what happens when you rip off a rip off, you're left with Nickelback.

Good fucking god, who in the blue fucking hell would ever vote for Nickleback, Nickleback is absolute shit, complete and utter garbage, anyone who voted for this band should be banned from ever voting again in this tournament seriously, Nickleback may be the most commercialized band ever, these guys will do what ever the fuck that label tells them to do, and lack complete and total creativity, not to mention they have never ever released a good song ever, these guys are so fucking money hungry that they tried to make money off on Dime's death when they wrote Side of a Bullet, these guy s have never had anything what so ever to do with Dime, in fact I'm going to go a record right here and say if anyone in the music industry ever deserved to have some one jump on stage and fire five bullets into the back of their head is fucking Chad Kroeger, I fucking hate this shitty band with more passion than I could ever hate any other band

Silverchair wins this one with ease

I am voting Silverchair because I hate what Nickleback has become, but has anyone heard the non-commercial Nickleback album 'Curb'? This was their first album and it is totally different from pathetic songs like 'If Everyone Cared'. I saw them in concert and I was shocked at how rocking they were Kroeger had a beer drinking contest on stage with someone and they played a few Metallica songs. My personal favorite song by Nickleback is 'Flat on the Floor' and they are far from the worst band of all time like so many are saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back