Disturbed vs Filter

• Disturbed

• Filter

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
1st Round 90's Region Match

Disturbed vs Filter

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!

Disturbed. How I loathe thee. Why oh why do people find this to be enjoyable? Why would I want to listen to a cliched, quasi-talented band that at best writes laughable "metal" songs? Why?

Disturbed is utter garbage. I'm sure all of our 15 year olds will come to disagree with me (and Justin probably) but it's true. Their sound was cliche 10 damn years ago.

Filter on the other hand had some great stuff. Their first two albums were pretty good, with the obvious highlights being the singles "Hey Man Nice Shot" and "Take a Picture", both are great songs very different in style. Very versatile band.

Filter easily gets my vote here against one of the most godawful overrated bands on Planet Earth: Disturbed.

I really can't stand Disturbed, they sound absolutely putrid. The instrumentals are boring; the guitar playing consists of one or two power chords per song, with an occasional obscenely simple mini-solo/fill here and there. The drumming is bland and consists of largely uncreative beats, and the bass is in no way remarkable. They lack any songwriting ability, and incorporate no variation into their song structures. Sure, they sometimes add some techno-ish electronics and turntable scratchings which seem to be included for extra melodic boost, but more often than not they just sound extraneous and cheesy.

Aside from their instrumentation being terrible, so is the songwriting. Disturbed take a stab at rap-metal with Droppin' Plates, using Korn-style, downtuned to fuck riffs coupled with incredibly lame white boy rapping. Take the song 'Numb' for example. It is an utterly tepid and insincere ballad that is unable to stir any emotion within the listener. Or their cover 'Shout 2000', which is a totally serious cover of Tears For Fears' famous pop hit, done in horribly generic heavy metal style. Or even 'Stupify', despite being one of Disturbed's more well known songs, is packed chock full of annoying melodies (actually, it's pretty much one recycled melody) and tepid hooks.

I'm not a fan of Filter, but god damn, they're better than Disturbed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back