Prodigy vs The Libertines

• Prodigy

• The Libertines

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
1st Round 90's Match

Prodigy vs The Libertines

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!​

Prodigy easily. The Libertines were ok, but they also annoyed me massively. Prodigy are easily one of the biggest bands of the nineties, The Fat of the Land alone is better than all of the Libertines albums combined. The Libertines did what they did well, but prodigy are in a different league, they should win this easily.

Prodigy - not my type but there's no denying the fact that people listened to them, liked them and still do. add to the that the fact that that irritating waste of oxygen pete docherty was libertine's lead singer and it swings it to prodigy for me

I hate Pete Doherty, dirty little crackhead needs to get his act together.

That said, he has had a huge influence on the British music scene. The emdia never shut up about him, along with Whinehouse, so his name and face are splashed everywhere.

He helped usher in the whole nu-indie faze, with kids picking up a guitar to be like him(shocking I know)

That said, Prodigy are amazing, probably the best act I have ever heard.

I love me some Prodigy. But I also love me some Libertines.

Forget the fact that Pete Doherty is a douche (So wasn't David Lee Roth but we all still love Van Halen), and listen to the music. It's absolutely brilliant stuff. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Libertines are SOLEY responsible for the direction that British rock has taken. Every indie-rock band out of England bases their entire sound off of them. Listen to an Arctic Monkeys album, then listen to a Libertines album. Could the Monkeys be trying any harder to rip them off?

I do love Prodigy as well though. But to me they will always be the 3rd best Big Beat band of their era, behind Fatboy Slim and the Chemical Brothers. Fat of the Land is indeed a stone cold classic, but I'd be lying if I said I enjoyed Prodigy more then the Libertines.

I went with the Libertines. They've had a much larger influence on music then Prodigy ever will. So please, put beside the mindless Pete Doherty bashing, and listen to them as a BAND. If we're going to be voting on these match ups based on the personality of the lead singer of the band, we might as well throw out some of the greats.

I went with the Libertines. They've had a much larger influence on music then Prodigy ever will. So please, put beside the mindless Pete Doherty bashing, and listen to them as a BAND. If we're going to be voting on these match ups based on the personality of the lead singer of the band, we might as well throw out some of the greats.

I have listened to the libertines, even met Carl Barat after a gig in London. I still think they are very shit, but calling them the greatest influence for every indie-rock band in the Uk is just daft. Oasis, Blur, hell even older bands like The Beatles have influenced British rock a hell of a lot more than some crack addict from Hammersmith.

Oh as for the Artic Monkeys comment. Shit bands, only redeeming feature is that they can right very clver lyrics, something that makes them appeal to women. Tracks like Scummy Man jare just what single women who have been cheated on by men feel like. Much the same as angry 14 year old boys picked up on break Stuff by Limp Bizkit, or even further back, Smells like Teen Spirit by Nirvana. Whereas Nirvana had ta;lent to go with the lyrics, I feel that Artic Monkeys are just cashing in on the indie rock fame to sell records.

I have listened to the libertines, even met Carl Barat after a gig in London. I still think they are very shit, but calling them the greatest influence for every indie-rock band in the Uk is just daft. Oasis, Blur, hell even older bands like The Beatles have influenced British rock a hell of a lot more than some crack addict from Hammersmith.

Clearly you didn't understand my statement.

I said the Libertines are the biggest influence on MODERN BRITISH ROCK. Not all British Rock. Oasis, Blur & the Britpop scene are completely different from the current indie-rock craze in Britain. The Arctic Monkeys are the perfect example of this. They were influenced much more by the Libertines then by the Beatles, Oasis, or Blur. All you have to do is listen to one of their songs to realize that.

Britpop is dead man, it has been for a while. The modern British indie-rock scene owes its entire self to the Libertines.

So no, it's not being daft.

Oh as for the Artic Monkeys comment. Shit bands, only redeeming feature is that they can right very clver lyrics, something that makes them appeal to women. Tracks like Scummy Man jare just what single women who have been cheated on by men feel like. Much the same as angry 14 year old boys picked up on break Stuff by Limp Bizkit, or even further back, Smells like Teen Spirit by Nirvana. Whereas Nirvana had ta;lent to go with the lyrics, I feel that Artic Monkeys are just cashing in on the indie rock fame to sell records.

Okay A) Yes the Arctic Monkeys are shit, doesn't mean they aren't the most popular band in Britain right now though. Which makes The Libertines more important then Prodigy. B) How exactly is Smells Like Teen Spirit about being cheated on? It's not. At all.

You can't deny the Libertines influence on modern British rock. The Libertines are the biggest influence on it, no doubt about it. All you have to do is pick any random British local/indie band, and listen to how they so badly want to sound like them.

Vote Libertines...

"Did You see the stylish kids in the riot, shovveled up like muck, set the night on fire" > "I am firestarter." a twisted firestarter.

"cornered the boy kicked out at the world, the world kicked back, alot fucking harder....I know you lied, i know you lie, all you did is make me cry and all those words they aint true" > "Smack My Bitch Up, Smack My Bitch Up"

Lyrically The Libertines are on a par with absoloutly anyone in the music industry almost ever. Even close to the beatles. The Prodigy have some good songs but in terms of influence are incredibly overrated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back