• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

90's Region - Nine Inch Nails vs The Gin Blossoms

NIN vs The Gin Blossoms

• Nine Inch Nails

• The Gin Blossoms

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
1st Round 90's Region Match

Nine Inch Nails vs The Gin Blossoms

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!​

Let's see here...

Nine Inch Nails - One of the greatest bands of the 90s, pioneer of industrial rock, created two of the best rock albums of the last 20 years in "Pretty Hate Machine" and "The Downward Spiral". Legendary.

Gin Blossoms - One hit wonder (maybe two hits) who no one remembers. One decent song in their entire canon of work in "Hey Jealousy", and that's it.

Is this even a contest? Nine Inch Nails (AKA Trent Reznor) takes this easily. Wicked easily. If you vote for the Gin Blossoms, I want a damn good explanation.

Is this even a contest? Nine Inch Nails (AKA Trent Reznor) takes this easily. Wicked easily. If you vote for the Gin Blossoms, I want a damn good explanation.

I wanted to do it just to spite you, but this is such a "1 vs 16" match it's laughable. I enjoyed the Gin Blossoms, but they are little more than cover band fodder, whereas NIN started a movement. I didn't like NIN as much as Gin Blossoms, but over all it's no contest. NIN wins easilly.

Nine inch nails are good, and very underated. Downward Spiral is an album I have on my computer even to this day, and considering I only have about 50 albums on here it's a complement definantly. I couldn't even remember the Gin Blossoms until I looked them up on youtube. They were ok but seriously they werent even good enough to be the first warm up band at a Nine Inch Nails concert, let alone be considered in the same sentence.

I don't think Nine Inch Nails are underrated at all. In fact, I think they're rated near enough perfectly in that most people I talk to seem to think they're pretty damn awesome. If that's not the case and I'm mistaken, I very much apologize. In that case, they are very much underrated.

Nine Inch Nails AKA Trent Reznor and his live band, are sheer awesome from any point of view you care to think of, particularly mine. And that's why I'm awarding them my vote.

I don't think Nine Inch Nails are underrated at all. In fact, I think they're rated near enough perfectly in that most people I talk to think to thinks they're pretty damn awesome.

Agreed, I can't see how they can possibly be underrated when everyone calls them underrated, as Sam said they are rated pretty correctly

Great band, Pretty Hate Machine, and Downward Spiral are both classic, and I dare someone to fined something better, though I have to say that his past few albums really haven't been as good, don't get me wrong they're good, just not as good as I expected them to be, and that might just be due to the fact that both Downward Spiral an PHM are damn near perfect, and just got my expectations up for everything else, but anyway Gin Blossoms don't stand a chance, they wouldn't stand much of a chance against most bands in this thing IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back