Status
Not open for further replies.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
90's Region – Married...with Children vs Clarissa Explains It All

married-with-children.JPG

VS

500full-%22clarissa-explains-it-all%22-screenshot.jpg

Note: Although Married...with Children began in 1987, we have included it in the 90's region.

What a HORRIBLE draw for Clarissa Explains it All. It sucked as a show, but lots of teens crushed on Melissa Joan Hart. I did anyway.

But Married... With Children has the distinction of being one of the few sitcoms to put a NETWORK on the map. A network. An entire fucking network. That'd be FOX. Like House? Simpsons? Family Guy? Wouldn't be here without Married...With Children. Al Bundy is an icon of the American who simply did enough to make in a white trash way. He was from the outskirts of Chicago and simply was a man who many felt sorry for. But he stood his ground and got his way on a few occasions.

Married With Children all day and every day.

Married with Children should win this matchup, no doubt in my mind. It was such a landmark show and really laid the groundwork for the types of shows that are on today. I remember watching it as a kid, late at night, because my parents did not approve of it, and as the old psychology trick goes if you are denied something it makes you want it more. I became addicted to the show and love it. This is the show that INDYjon22 will be backing from beginning to end in this tournament. Vote for Married with Children.

Married...With Children is quite possibly the greatest show (not just sitcom) to ever air on TV. The cast was second to none, and the scripts and stories were all the best of that era of TV. This show still airs about 7 to 8 times a day, and I still make sure to catch every one that I can.

Married...With Children FTW here, and all the way to the finals!

Clarissa Explains It All? Never even heard of it. And it is against Married... With Children. So of course the choice is easy... vote for the one I have never heard of over MWC. Because I hate MWC. I know a lot of people on this forum love the show, but I could never stand it, and I don't know if there is a show I would vote for over it.

The Wonder Years may be the only show I would vote for over Married...with Children. But that's it, most likely.

I absolutely adored Married...with Children, and have so since I was a little kid. I would try my hardest to stay up to 11:30 every night to catch an episode. I mocked Al all the time, did the hand in my pants thing, and the show was just awesome.

Today, as an adult viewing it and getting the humor even more, I love the show that much more. It's just a down right hilarious show, simple as that. I'll get into more of my favorite episodes and moments as the tournament goes on and this goes up against tougher competition, but just know I love this show A LOT.

Clarissa Explains It All was a decent enough show. I liked it when I was a kid, but even though I hadn't seen it in well over 10 years by now, I doubt it'd hold up today for me like Married...with Children does, so there's no hesitation in this vote for me.

Every child my age loved Clarissa apart from me. I was very meh towards it, I watched it with friends but I don't care about it all that much. I saw the re-runs on Nickelodeon not too long ago, and they were cringe-worthy. I couldn't really watch for that long they were that bad. At the time, it was just another show. But now, I hate it, so I can't vote for it at all. Everything from the way she talks, to what she's wearing makes me unable to watch. I LOVE Melissa Joan Hart, just not here.

I LOVED Clarissa explains it all when I was growing up. Absolutely loved it. I remember watching it pretty much everday and getting pumped up everytime it came on. MJH was quite hot and the show kicked ass for me.

Married with Children will win, but Clarissa was bad ass.

Awwww man. It bums me out to have to vote against Clarissa Explains It All. It was the only show that my sister forced me to watch that I actually enjoyed. Just a fun little 90s show for burgeoning preteens, nothing serious but funny nontheless.

It's going up against a giant in Married With Children though, which is simply one of the funniest and most groundbreaking shows in television history, along with being one of the main reasons why the Fox network still exists today (this and the Simpsons). Al Bundy IS your Regular Joe America, and damnit if I don't love him nontheless. Great show, GREAT cast (best family in TV history as far as I'm concerned), good writing, a great show. Yeah it got pretty bad towards the end but that doesn't take away how good it originally was.

Married With Children gets my vote here.

Although I loved Clarissa, and even quite embarrassingly wrote a song professing my love for Melissa Joan Hart, I can't in good conscience give it the win. I'm not a huge Married With Children fan, but the Beta Max episode is a humorous memory. I think that Al is probably not really a character rather than just being himself. The fact that Leela from Futurama is in it for some reason makes it more endearing, and my girlfriend likes it. Clarissa might have gotten a song, but Married... gets the vote.

I have vote for Married With Children.

It has been a long time since I actually watched the show but now, as I go back and watch some of the episodes online, I can tell you that it is a fantastic show. Al Bundy is incredible and really did impress me. However, I did like Melissa Joan Hart. She used to be my secret crush and it breaks my heart to vote against her. Married With Children is brilliant though and I have to give my vote to it.

On a side note, what's with all of the Melissa Joan Hart love? I never found her attractive. NEVER found her hot. I know a lot of my guy friends, how do I say this, "got through their pre teens" because of her, but for me, she was the warm-up act for Larissa Olenyk in Secret World of Alex Mack. LO > MJH every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

But yeah, Married with Children was funnier, more groundbeaking, and just plain iconic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back