Status
Not open for further replies.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner

Old School vs Nu Skool - The Simpsons vs Married…with Children

9K4xEPpI9o5l3r5uJM1GXJ8Io1_500.jpg

VS

400_marriedwithchildren_080814_elpcommunications.jpg

Note: Although Married…with Children began airing in 1987, we have included it in this tournament’s 90’s region.

Part of me knew from the beginning that The Simpsons would make it to the final, and I predicted early on that it might win this whole thing. The only shows that could have beaten it (in my opinion) have been eliminated in previous rounds, Cheers in particular. If Cheers couldn't beat The Simpsons then Married...with Children shouldn't either. The Simpsons has been around for 20 years and continues to do well every season regardless of the quality going downhill for the past decade or so. I voted for The Simpsons because it honestly deserves to win. You know it, and I know it.

Great matchup for the finals. I'm obviously very happy The Simpsons made it to the finals, but it's not over until it wins the whole thing, and really, it should. Yes, Married with Children was a good show, but it was not as funny, as smart, as popular, or as influential as The Simpsons has been. People will try to argue for MWC, but in reality The Simpsons shouldn't lose here.

Vote The Simpsons

This is literally a toss up, both shows were and are excellent and both deserve to win in their own right. However, I have to choose one show and that show will be Married With Children. It was just more funny to me and I have always enjoyed it more. Also, MWC went out before it got completely stale and old whereas The Simpsons is still chugging along even though it has lost its comedic value in recent years.

Vote Married With Children, that is all.

Married with children all the way. I still laugh at the re-runs and the Simpsons hasn't done anything for me in years. I grew up watching both shows and had to sneak to watch Married with Children due to my mother hating it so much, so to me it holds more merit. The Simpsons have been around for years, but have become repetetive to me over the past decade or more, so I cant place my vote there.

Married With Children, no doubt. Al Bundy > Homer Simpson... Oh I should add more.

Both of these shows were ground breaking, and revolutionary for the time. Both of the shows were darlings of the fledgling Fox network, and quite frankly, without the success of both shows, Fox wouldn't be around today. One Network owes its existance to the two shows in this matchup.

I'm not going to rip on the Simpsons, because quite frankly, I did enjoy them for a long time. My only problem with the Simpsons, it simply hasn't aged well. The first few seasons are brilliant, but it seems to me that the show lost a lot of it's better writing and it's charm when Futurama came along.

Married with Children began to run itself down the last few seasons, but Married With Children had the dignity to go out into the Sunset. The Simpsons simply is a mere shadow of it's former self. I hate to penalize a show for it's longevity, but in this case the Simpsons amount of time on the air brings it down.

When I was a kid, I loved The Simpsons. I remember when Burger King put these dolls on sale of each character, I pleaded and pleaded until I finally got a Homer and Bart Simpson doll. During the summer, I would go to my mom's job, and her assistant Tony every day would take me to the arcade and we'd play the Simpsons game there non-stop. I absolutely adored this show and everything associated with it..

... and then, I found out Bart's voice was played by a girl. I know it's really, really stupid, but that ruined the show for me forever. When I found that out, I stopped caring about the Simpsons. I would watch it every now and then, but it just wasn't the same. But, I guess it was for the best anyway, since I've heard nothing except how much this show has declined since the nineties.

Married...with Children, on the other hand, I've remained a fan of since I first saw it. It's to this day one of my all-time favorite shows. It remained spectacular throughout its entire 11 year run. How many other shows can claim something like that? Not many, and I would bet anything that had the show lasted and was still going on today like The Simpsons, it would still be awesome. Al Bundy, Peg, Bud, Kelly, Marcy, Jefferson... these kinds of characters never get old. They were played and written so well and funny that's it truly hard to believe, when considering how much other sitcom shit we've had to sit through throughout our lifetime.

So, of course, Married...with Children is my choice here and it wasn't close in the least bit. I respect The Simpsons, but that show hasn't given me any near the enjoyment and laughter Married...with Children has over the years, which is what makes this such an easy choice for me.

This always happens, I always end up missing a few rounds of a tournament and being totally disappointed when I see the finals. I'm bummed I didn't get a chance to defend the Wonder Years to the last round. Stupid real life.

Anyways, this is a solid match up for a finals I do suppose. Both shows are absolutely great, both are shows I've seen shit nearly every episode of, and either would be a fine choice here to win the sitcoms tournament, especially considering the demographic of posters we have on this forum. My vote is without a doubt going to The Simpsons here. I love both of these shows but The Simpsons is just much, much more entertaining and was so for a much longer period of time than Married With Children, which got awful at the end. Honestly I don't think you're going to be able to find a more solid run of TV comedy than the Simpsons 92-97 era. Easily getting my vote here, and I'm frankly shocked they aren't winning right now.

Ive voted against it every round, and it continues here. MArried with Children was a horrible show in my opinion. It wasn't funny. It seemed less realistic than the Simpsons even. At least Santa's Little Helped didn't talk. I watched the Simpsons every day growing up and loved it until half way through my teens. The show has gone on for 20 years, with about 10 of those years being incredible, so it deserves to go on to win.

The Simpsons here, I don't understand how Married with Children made it this far. I found MWC one of the most boring, unfunny shows that I've ever watched. There was just nothing entertaining about it. The Simpsons, while not as good as it use to be has put on countless episodes that can make me laugh. Seriously how MWC is so popular on here is beyond me.

It's wonderful to see both of Fox's game changers in the final match up. It really says something... I'm not sure what it says but it definitely says something. I adore both shows really but when judged at their individual peaks I was entertained more by The Simpsons (while Married... with Children was more subversive, and revealing). In truth I wish I could vote for both shows, but in the end I suppose I shall have to throw my allegiance to The Simpsons.

I thought both shows were raunchy and immature as a kid. But I'm a grown-up now, and I realize just how mature and ahead of their time they really were. So that's what makes this vote hard for me, since both are equally awesome in my eyes.

But my vote goes to Married...With Children. Simply because of Al Bundy's pathetic life. He has to come home in the old Dodge, from putting shoes on fat ladies' feet....to a ditzy wife, a moronic son, and a bimbo / **** daughter. The smartest one out of the bunch may just be the dog.

Homer Simpson may at times lead a sad existence, but it has its bright spots: he has a loving, attractive (if you're yellow) wife, a smart daughter with a bright future, and...Bart. Plus, the town of Springfield is full of colorful characters. Bundy's town of Chicago is presented as a place full of obnoxious, rude people.

So my vote goes to "Children," simply because of Al's delightfully dreary existence. It truly is an accurate parody of the "real world."

Due to some complications with my computer, I've had very limited access to the internet; though, I did manage to sign in and cast my vote before the poll closed. My vote was for the Simpsons; I felt that neither Scrubs nor MWC really had a chance at taking them down successfully. There are way too many classic episodes and moments to name, and I can thank FOX for reaching down into the bowels of the Simpson's vault and replaying the classics.

Scrubs and MWC are both fantastic shows, and two that I have supported with passion throughout this tournament, but there's no shame in losing to a show that has more classic epsiodes than there are days in a year.

The winner of The WZ Sitcoms Tournament is...

The Simpsons
lens3004362_1236197466Simpsons_FamilyPicture.png

While Married...with Children's supporters brought their A-Game to this thread, so did the fans of that wacky family residing at 742 Evergreen Terrace.

I would like to thank everyone who participated in this tournament. Although this tournament will be probably be a one-off affair, I had a darn good time, and I hope everyone who reads this did as well.

If you're still running a Sitcoms Tournament fever, go and post in The Wrestlezolympics, or look for the other exciting tournaments we plan to holds throughout the year!

This is an easy one it has to be married with children it was one of the funniest shows of all time and Al Bundy is the greatest character in a sitcom ever this was a no brainer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back