Fuel vs Matchbox 20

• Fuel

• Matchbox 20

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
1st Round 90's Region Match

Fuel vs Matchbox 20

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!​

Let me make this clear and in boldface, so it is easy to read: Fuel is a phenominal 90's band, and are a darkhorse to come out of the 90's region.

Before their recent breakup and realignment, Fuel was putting together some of the best music of the 90's. All three of their major albums were amazing, top to bottom. Carl Bell is one of the best writers of the last 15 years, and Brett Scallions did a great job as frontman. Let's look at some choices, shall we?

Hemorhage

[youtube]EM6_Jlk6Reg[/youtube]

Contrary to it sounding like a love / breakup song, this is actually a song about the death of Carl Bell's grandmother.

Bad Day

[youtube]7LKUVkRAmPs&feature=related[/youtube]

We've all felt this way, trying to be there for someone who is just inconsolable for a short time. Beautiful song.

Innocent

[youtube]93XokN3DPtk&feature=user[/youtube]

This song wasn't written for the victims of 9/11, but I saw these guys play in Camden, NJ opening for Aerosmith three weeks after the towers fell. THE ENTIRE PLACE WAS CRYING THEIR EYES OUT, including Brett Scallions. I still well up when I hear it, because I associate it with 9/11, and since I watched the towers fall from my college dorm 13 miles from NYC, it's so powerful I cannot even tell you.

Won't Back Down

[youtube]KDVQJX--cBc&feature=user[/youtube]

Just a bad ass rock song from the Daredevil soundtrack.

VOTE FOR FUEL IN THE 90'S REGION!!!

I've just recently started listening to Matchbox 20, and they are a great band. Mellow, but still great. But I've been listening to Fuel since Daredevil came out, and they are much superior. Even some of their latest stuff is pretty good, so they get my vote.

First, allow me to point out to you IC25 that none of your videos seem to work for me. Maybe it's just my computer.

And I hate to put down the poster above me, but Matchbox 20 sucks. Hardcore. Like really, really hardcore. They're up there with Dave Matthews Band in that category of atrocious soft-rock that takes itself far, far too seriously.

Fuel, I'm not very big on. They've got a few good songs, but thats about it. I guess I'm kind of indifferent about them. Still, they're easily better then Matchbox 20, so they get my vote here.

I liked Hemorhage, but that's it. For the most part, if you lined them all up in a row, you couldn't tell the difference between Fuel, Puddle of Mudd, Nickelback, and 3 Doors Down. With the exception of a few songs here and there, I'd rather watch grass grow then listen to these dudes.

Matchbox 20, on the other hand, I have liked since I was a preteen. Yourself or Someone Like You was one of the first albums I ever owned. It is pretty fabulous if you ask me. Rob Thomas is a talented writer, and you can really feel the authentic emotion that is expressed through their music. Matchbox 20 gets my vote.

Please, just because IC25 thinks that they should be a darkhorse to win...let's not have another Vader situation. :p

Please, just because IC25 thinks that they should be a darkhorse to win...let's not have another Vader situation. :p

Target acquired. Steamboat Ricky locked in.

X, I will find other videos to post for Fuel...I did noice some of them expired on my CPU as well - sorry about that. Either way, just listen to any of those songs.

Fuel is one of the most under rated bands of the 90's / 00's and they should go over WELL more than half of the bands in this region. Again, Carl Bell's writing is fantastic and Scallions's delivery is nearly flawless. They did hard rock, they did ballads, they did anthems. It didn't matter. And I've seen the 7 times - THEY DO LIVE SHOWS TOO!

Target acquired. Steamboat Ricky locked in.

X, I will find other videos to post for Fuel...I did noice some of them expired on my CPU as well - sorry about that. Either way, just listen to any of those songs.

Fuel is one of the most under rated bands of the 90's / 00's and they should go over WELL more than half of the bands in this region. Again, Carl Bell's writing is fantastic and Scallions's delivery is nearly flawless. They did hard rock, they did ballads, they did anthems. It didn't matter. And I've seen the 7 times - THEY DO LIVE SHOWS TOO!

The videos won't will work fine on Youtube, so if you just replace them with a link, things should be fine, this is a problem I've run into numerous times when putting the Music Asylum together

Personally I could care less about both these bands, neither is really all that great, I voted Fuel, basically cause I hate them a little less than MB20

IMO, fuel are good enough to get past matchbox20, but i don't see a repeat of the vader success on this one IC. sorry.

fuel got my vote on this one because a few of their songs are good and i dislike matchbox 20.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back