• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

90s Region - 2nd Round - Kenan & Kel vs Seinfeld

Keenan & Kel vs Seinfeld

• Keenan & Kel

• Seinfeld

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner

90’s Region - 2nd Round - Kenan & Kel vs Seinfeld

uploadlv6.jpg

VS

seinfeld.jpg

Note: Although Seinfeld began airing in 1989, we have included it in this tournament’s 90’s region.

Keenan and Kel. I loved this show when I was younger, and Seinfeld is overrated as hell. These guys were comedy gold, who didn't quote this line all the time?

[youtube]6ZZh7bOvBlI[/youtube]

Keenan and Kel was always good for a bunch of laughs every episode, which is more than I can say for Seinfeld. Vote K&K

I am going to vote for Keenan and Kel.

I know it may look as though I am just voting against Seinfeld, that is not the case and even if it were, I don't think it makes much of a difference to be honest. Keenan and Kel was one of the first shows that I ever loved. It was a show that I just could not get enough of and more so than that, was the first show I consistently dodged school for. In all seriousness though, these guys were fantastic talents and the show just opened my eyes to the world of American situation comedies. It was incredible and although it may not progress here, I have no idea why. I know that Seinfeld is a show that people really connected with but I really fail to see the massive draw that it had. I watched a few episodes a couple of days ago tto see if I could find out what all the buzz was about and yet I found myself rarely laughing at things others might love.

That's fair enough, obviously that brand of comedy is not for me but Keenan and Kel was so it gets the vote.

How the hell is Kenan and Kel even challenging Seinfeld here?

Kenan and Kel was a fun show to watch when I was a kid. Looking back on it now, it was unfunny dreck that was wacky for the sake of being wacky. The show really isn't that funny in retrospect and actually quite annoying. We get it Kel, you like Orange Soda. And where are they now? Kenan is the token black guy on SNL that is one of the weakest cast members, and the last I heard of Kel, he was hosting some dance show that was on the equivalent of My Network TV before it came into existence. And if Kenan and Kel was such a good show, Nickelodeon would still air it on one of the secondary channels that they have under their umbrella.

Seinfeld was one of the funniest shows to ever air on television. A classic. It was a show that made a cultural impact. It was immensely popular... so popular that the series finale was one of the highest rated programs ever, with more than 76 million viewers. Kenan and Kel's highest rated show was probably, at most, 760,000 viewers. I know that I've argued that just because a show gets high ratings, it doesn't make it good. However, Seinfeld was good, and Kenan and Kel was a pile of shit. Seinfeld has also, don't forget, paved the way for Curb Your Enthusiasm, which could very well be the funniest show on television today. Think about that for a second. Seinfeld's impact has lasted 20 years and counting now.

Vote Seinfeld.

The fact that Keenan and Kel is winning here shows the intelligence of some people here on the forums. This is no contest. None at all. Keenan and Kel were mildly funny at best. Seinfeld is an institution. NO comedy has ever had so many sayings or catchphrases come from it. It's a piece of pop culture and a rather big piece at that. The cast was one of the better comedic casts assembled during the time.

Keenan and Kel was a moderately successful show on Nickelodeon, while Seinfeld basically saved NBC from near extinction as far as prime time TV is concerned. So do this comedy a service and vote Seinfeld. Because Keenan and Kel's just not that good.

Um, what the fuck?

We have one show that really relied on stupidity to get over versus a show that was incredible in its value, that it is still watched by millions each week over a decade after it left the aireways. The show is syndicated all over the place because people LOVE it still. I'm not even sure how many people have bought Seinfeld on DVD now, but if someone doesn't they sure don't have to walk far to find it from someone else. Seinfeld looks to be another Friends in this tournament, a high quality sitcome that peple are jealous of, and want an underdog to beat.

For Shame WrestleZone, For Shame.

Seinfeld was one of those shows that people either loved and thought was a classic, or they didn't get it and thought it was shit. I'm a little more in the middle when it comes to Seinfeld. I thought it was a good show but no where near the classic that a lot of people make it out to be.

Keenan and Kel was one of my favorite shows as a kid. For all the people who are saying that they liked it as a kid but think it's shit now, what the fuck do you expect? It was a show aimed at 10-12 year old kids. Of course you are going to look back at it now and think it's shit.

I voted for Keenan and Kel because it gave me more joy as a kid then Seinfeld gives me now.

wow this is a travesty. how on god's green earth is seinfeld, one of if not the best sitcom of all time, losing to keenan and kel. dont get me wrong, keenan and kel was hilarious and throughly enjoyed it. but seinfeld was just epic. i could watch that over and over again, rerun after rerun and not get bored. keenan and kel is just not that same now that im older. it just isnt as good as it was when i was a kid. seinfeld should win and if it doesnt, then it is just ridiculous.

Keenan and Kel was one of my favorite shows as a kid. For all the people who are saying that they liked it as a kid but think it's shit now, what the fuck do you expect? It was a show aimed at 10-12 year old kids. Of course you are going to look back at it now and think it's shit.

That's precisely the point. It's still shit. Seinfeld is still shown all over the place every single night, and it is a phenomenon. Like TM said, a lot of people own the box sets. There are very few bad episodes of Seinfeld. Each episode had terrific writing. Back when the cast reunited on Curb Your Enthusiasm this past season, it was on the cover of magazines and was talked about widely. I know people who subscribed to HBO just for this season of Curb, and my dad HATES Larry David and even he watched this season.

What kind of press would a Kenan and Kel reunion get? Nobody would give less than a shit about it.

That's precisely the point. It's still shit. Seinfeld is still shown all over the place every single night, and it is a phenomenon. Like TM said, a lot of people own the box sets. There are very few bad episodes of Seinfeld. Each episode had terrific writing. Back when the cast reunited on Curb Your Enthusiasm this past season, it was on the cover of magazines and was talked about widely. I know people who subscribed to HBO just for this season of Curb, and my dad HATES Larry David and even he watched this season.

What kind of press would a Kenan and Kel reunion get? Nobody would give less than a shit about it.

What does a reunion have to do with anything? The point of this is to decide if we think Seinfeld or Keenan & Kel is the better show. Some people, including myself, don't find Seinfeld that funny and loved Keenan & Kel. The Curb thing is great, but it doesn't change the fact that K&K was one of my favorite shows when I was younger and that Seinfeld isn't as great as you and some of the others seem to think.

That's precisely the point. It's still shit.

Again, Keenan and Kel was a show aimed at kids. If you asked a bunch of kids to watch both shows, every single one of them would pick Keenan and Kel. I think Keenan and Kel as a kid show was better then Seinfeld was as a show aimed towards adults.
Seinfeld is still shown all over the place every single night, and it is a phenomenon. Like TM said, a lot of people own the box sets. There are very few bad episodes of Seinfeld. Each episode had terrific writing. Back when the cast reunited on Curb Your Enthusiasm this past season, it was on the cover of magazines and was talked about widely. I know people who subscribed to HBO just for this season of Curb, and my dad HATES Larry David and even he watched this season.

Keenan and Kel was a show on Nickelodeon. No Nickelodeon, or Disney Channell, or Cartoon Network show is ever going to be shown on re runs on big networks. Keenan and Kel is still shown on a secondary Nickelodeon channel. You can't compare kid network shows to major network shows when it comes to re runs and publicity.

Keenan and Kel. I loved this show when I was younger, and Seinfeld is overrated as hell. These guys were comedy gold, who didn't quote this line all the time?

[youtube]6ZZh7bOvBlI[/youtube]

Keenan and Kel was always good for a bunch of laughs every episode, which is more than I can say for Seinfeld. Vote K&K

That's nice and all, but that clip you just showed has absolutely nothing to do with Kenan & Kel. The Good Burger movie was based off of a sketch from the show All That, and has absolutely nothing to do with Kenan & Kel.

I love Kenan & Kel as much as the next 90s kid, but are you people fucking kidding me here? Seinfeld, possibly the greatest sitcom of all time, is losing to fucking KENAN AND KEL?

Yeah, that's just ridiculous. Go back and watch Kenan & Kel, it's not nearly as good as you thought it was when you were a kid, I know, I was severely disappointed when I started watching it again earlier this year. It's actually a pretty awful show, the writing is shit, and the production values look like they spent about 2 dollars on the entire set.

Seriously, there isn't a single solitary category in which Kenan & Kel is superior. Not a single one, and I'd LOVE to hear someone argue that.

Unbelievable. Seinfeld losing to this!?!?

Seinfeld did something that no other show dared to do during its time, make a show about nothing. People get too caught up in plots and storylines, but Seinfeld went a completely different way and made you like the show without having to rely on one specific event to run the show. The fact the show succeeded with the premise being nothing is astounding and the impact this show has had on modern tv shows is outstanding, but it's losing to Kenan and Kel, really? The fact that Kenan and Kel can't hold up today should give you an indication that it shouldn't be winning here. There are tons of shows that we liked as a kid that we can still watch today, but Kenan and Kel is not one of them.

Seriously people, vote Seinfeld.

Seinfeld is a classic and helped NBC with the ratings and blah, blah, blah. I've never, ever gotten into it, even with it being on 24/7. Sure, I'm mildy amused every now and then, but for the most part, not that funny of a show. I don't think it's because I don't "get it" either. It's just not my sense of humor.

On the other hand, Kenan and Kel was probably my favorite show growing up as a kid, bar none. I even watched a few episodes of it recently, and I didn't think it was that bad. The one where Kel is in the bagging competition is awesome.

I went K&K because that's my preference, not because I'm not "intelligent", but because I liked it better.

Seriously, there isn't a single solitary category in which Kenan & Kel is superior. Not a single one, and I'd LOVE to hear someone argue that.

I'd say they had the edge in black humor.

Seinfeld is a classic and helped NBC with the ratings and blah, blah, blah. I've never, ever gotten into it, even with it being on 24/7. Sure, I'm mildy amused every now and then, but for the most part, not that funny of a show. I don't think it's because I don't "get it" either. It's just not my sense of humor.

On the other hand, Kenan and Kel was probably my favorite show growing up as a kid, bar none. I even watched a few episodes of it recently, and I didn't think it was that bad. The one where Kel is in the bagging competition is awesome.

I went K&K because that's my preference, not because I'm not "intelligent", but because I liked it better.

Well good for you. You voted for your own reason and a right reason. Doesn't make your vote right, but I respect it. However, I've noticed a few things here.

1) All but a handful of people respect what Seinfeld's done and know it's place in TV history.

2) There are a LOT of younguns here. I watched Keenan and Kel when I was younger and thought it was mildly funny at best. All That and Salute Your Shorts were MUCH funnier and could have been Keenan and Kel's replacement in my opinion.

3) And it's not a knock on anyone, but more intelligent people watch and appreciate Seinfeld than most. If someone doesn't 'get' something, it's over their head. Fair enough, but it's no reason for a semi-successful Nickelodeon kids comedy to beat a major network juggernaut in Seinfeld.

I'd say they had the edge in black humor.

Really? Because they lived in the suburbs and were total suburban kids who hung out almost exclusively with white people. Kenan's house was fucking HUGE, none of the humor was ethnic based either.

I think a whole lot of you are voting for Kenan & Kel based on memories from your childhood. Trust me, the show was pretty fucking bad, go back and watch it right now.

How can you people vote against Seinfeld? Oh wait, now I remember, because all of the Brits voted for Kenan & Kel as this is their big "payback" round to us saucy Americans for not sharing their taste in shitty British humor.

Really? Because they lived in the suburbs and were total suburban kids who hung out almost exclusively with white people. Kenan's house was fucking HUGE, none of the humor was ethnic based either.

I think a whole lot of you are voting for Kenan & Kel based on memories from your childhood. Trust me, the show was pretty fucking bad, go back and watch it right now.

How can you people vote against Seinfeld? Oh wait, now I remember, because all of the Brits voted for Kenan & Kel as this is their big "payback" round to us saucy Americans for not sharing their taste in shitty British humor.

Yeah, that makes sense X. We are not intelligent enough to vote for a show that we may have thought was better but we are intelligent enough to devise some grand strategy for revenge just to put one show out of the competition. Yeah, that makes sense.

In fact, if you had even bothered to look at who had voted, most of them are outwith the British shores:

Big Beck-ah Roethlisberger, Big Sexy, Daedalus, Dave, Fizzywink, Freddy, General Disarray, Green Ranger, HBK-aholic, I Love My Ducks, JJ "the Devil's Advocate", jmt225, Lee, Leeds Guy, Lex Diamond, Loveless, MattMoses, Phoenix, Planty, scotty16956, Slyfox696, Spunky, Thriller Cabana, TLC

I ave have gone throught the trouble of highlighting everyone that I know is British. There could be a couple more but my point is made. Most of the poeple who voted for Keenan and Kel are not even British so don't start that shit.

I care very little about Seinfeld. For me, it was horribly over-rated. I have watched multiple episodes now and I don't get what people find great about it. It's funny in some parts it's not so funny in others. Keenan and Kel was one of my greatest pleasures as a child and although it might not be great now, I do have some insight as to why that may be. Let's see... It's for fucking kids. We are now adults who do not laugh at the same things that we used to. Does this make it a worse show? I doubt it. Keenan and Kel appealed to the market it set out to and did it magnificently well. I don't like Seinfeld and feel perfectly justified in my vote.

Yeah, that makes sense X. We are not intelligent enough to vote for a show that we may have thought was better but we are intelligent enough to devise some grand strategy for revenge just to put one show out of the competition. Yeah, that makes sense.

When did I say you weren't intelligent enough to vote for a show you thought was better? Oh, right, never.

But now that you bring it up, yes, I would have to question your intelligence if you actually think that Kenan & Kel is a better television show than Seinfeld.

In fact, if you had even bothered to look at who had voted, most of them are outwith the British shores:

I ave have gone throught the trouble of highlighting everyone that I know is British. There could be a couple more but my point is made. Most of the poeple who voted for Keenan and Kel are not even British so don't start that shit.

Yes and all of those British people there are people who have publicly made it known how much they hate Seinfeld. I highly doubt Becca has ever even seen Kenan & Kel.

I care very little about Seinfeld. For me, it was horribly over-rated. I have watched multiple episodes now and I don't get what people find great about it. It's funny in some parts it's not so funny in others. Keenan and Kel was one of my greatest pleasures as a child and although it might not be great now, I do have some insight as to why that may be. Let's see... It's for fucking kids. We are now adults who do not laugh at the same things that we used to. Does this make it a worse show? I doubt it. Keenan and Kel appealed to the market it set out to and did it magnificently well. I don't like Seinfeld and feel perfectly justified in my vote.

You know why some things stop being funny once you're not a child Dave? Because you become intelligent. You mature. You stop laughing at fucking fart jokes.

So yes actually, the very fact that the show is made for children does in fact make it inferior. You think it required even a 1/100th of the writing ability to come up with Kenan & Kel scripts as it took to write Seinfeld?

Sure, vote for Kenan & Kel if you prefer it, but don't ever even fucking ATTEMPT to argue that it's a better television show, that it was more well written, better acted, or better in literally any capacity you could judge a television show by.

Big Beck-ah Roethlisberger, Big Sexy, Daedalus, Dave, Fizzywink, Freddy, General Disarray, Green Ranger, HBK-aholic, I Love My Ducks, JJ "the Devil's Advocate", jmt225, Lee, Leeds Guy, Lex Diamond, Loveless, MattMoses, Phoenix, Planty, scotty16956, Slyfox696, Spunky, Thriller Cabana, TLC

I know all of these guys are British

Xs argument was not that these guys are mostly British, he is arguing that the british are mostly voting for it. Im not sure why, I am Canadian, and we get a lot of American shows here, and cross culture, being that Canadians are a mix between the two cultures as well as french, I watch Seinfeld and I love it. So for a Brit to be voting for it because they donèt get it, I just dont know.

You know why some things stop being funny once you're not a child Dave? Because you become intelligent. You mature. You stop laughing at fucking fart jokes.

So yes actually, the very fact that the show is made for children does in fact make it inferior. You think it required even a 1/100th of the writing ability to come up with Kenan & Kel scripts as it took to write Seinfeld?

Sure, vote for Kenan & Kel if you prefer it, but don't ever even fucking ATTEMPT to argue that it's a better television show, that it was more well written, better acted, or better in literally any capacity you could judge a television show by.

I guess in America they judge TV shows on more stringent criteria than I would. Here is how I see it personally. If I like a show and enjoy it, I really don't give a damn if it consists of fart jokes or sexist behaviour. To me, both of those may be on the different side of the spectrum but if it makes me laugh or I get some enjoyment out of it, I really don't care. I know you didn't say anything about sexist behaviour but I am attempting to prove a point. Both fart jokes and sexist behaviour has been used in shows and still are. Do I care if, in the long run, I find the show enjoyable? Not particularly.

Personally, I think it is a fucking testiment to how good the show was that half of the British people who voted for this watched it as a child and now has great memories of what a good show it was. Maybe the Seinfeld bug skipped me but I hate it with good reason. I find Jerry Seinfeld to be a complete douchebag and a person that I could never adapt to and would not feel out of place holding a pillow over his face until the kicking stopped. He comes across as a fucker and for that reason, I have never been able to connect with him. That's not the only reason I dislike the show however. There is plenty of shows that I like that contain a character that I dislike. I hated Chris in Family Guy but I still tune in every single week to see what is going on. The fact of the matter is that Seinfeld has never made me laugh and I have never enjoyed it. I recently looked up the "10 funniest moments" on Youtube and didn't laugh one. Not even a giggle. The point is, people are voting for what they see fit to vote for. It is nothing bigger than that and certainly not some British revolt.

On that note though, are you slamming the British for voting against an American show when a couple of posts ago you slammed all British comedy as being "shitty"? Surely that's a hypocritical statement?

I hated Seinfeld since I was a little kid, and I still hate it today, even after giving it chances to get over with me. It's as simple as that.

Kenan & Kel entertained me once upon a time. Do I dig the show today? No, but like Big Sexy mentioned... the show was geared towards kids, not people currently my age. And as a kid, I fucking loved it.

Seinfeld is obviously geared towards Adults, and as an Adult, I cannot stand the show. So, it's obvious why and others I vote for Kenan & Kel here. As a kid, Kenan & Kel did its job by entertaining us, whereas as adults, Seinfeld doesn't do its job by entertaining us, like other past and current sitcoms do that are geared towards adults. It's perfectly reasonable why Kenan and Kel is winning this.

Yes and all of those British people there are people who have publicly made it known how much they hate Seinfeld. I highly doubt Becca has ever even seen Kenan & Kel.

There's a point to this comment, why? Seeings as I complained last round about YOU voting for a show you'd never seen to get something else out, I don't think I'd do the same here, do you? There was absolutely no need in this, how do you know whether or not I've seen the show? It was on Nickelodeon almost constantly when I was younger, I'm sure most of the Brits my age would back me up on that one as well.

I've never even expressed a hatred for Seinfeld either. I said I don't love it, and that I don't see the appeal of it. But I also said "I wouldn't call it shit" so stop with your conspiracy theory.

I voted Kenan and Kel, because I prefer Kenan and Kel. It's really as simple as that. Tournaments that are about "The biggest contribution" get boring fast - Hogan would win the Wrestlezone tournament every year, if that was the case - we wouldn't even bother having one.

Reactions: gd
As a kid in his teens, I grew up loving Keenan and Kel, but come on people its SEINFELD. Seinfeld should win this easily instead my vote just gave it a 26-25 lead. It is funnier and more entertaining and deserves the vote.

Yup, sorry guys, had to give my vote to Kenan and Kel.thats Why? Because I fucking hate every single on of you Seinfeld fans.

Now you should know that's not the case. But in this case the nostalgia factor one over and my vote goes to Kenan and Kel. I remember when Nickelodeon would have all day marathons of this show. Man, my youth was awesome! I like some episodes of Seinfeld and I find the shows dry humor amazing. Saying that though, the nostalgia factor is gripping at me tight. So my vote goes to Kenan and Kel.

Wow, this one is close. I realize a lot of people like Seinfeld.... but come on. Keenan & Kel was one of the greatest shows ever. It ended too soon. If they had kept it on longer it could easily have gone on to become the best show nick ever made. Keenan & Kel is the better show and it gets my vote because it got better and funnier with every season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back