Status
Not open for further replies.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
90's Region – Kenan & Kel vs Dinosaurs

Kenan-Kel-tv-03.jpg

VS

Dinosaurs-tv-show-02.jpg

Terrible draw for Keenan and Kel. Orange soda is no match for "NOT THE MAMA". This show was awesome when I was little. And morbid. Remember the ending? Exactly. This show was just a goofy concept that worked. Dinosaurs that were everyday people. Kinda like the Flinstones, only they were Dinosaurs. Such witty dialogue and great stories. It should have lasted longer than it did. But alas, it was a wonderful show while it lasted.

Dinosaurs win here.

God, this is hard. I remember watching both shows as a kid, and absolutely adoring them...but in the end I went with Kenan and Kel. It was just plain entertaining, and still is. I preferred the more unique characters of Kenan and Kel to the more typical characters of the Dinosaurs.
There's no real other reason I'm voting for one over the other, as I believe either could win it. I just went for the one I still would actively seek out today and watch a marathon of.

I pretty much agree with Doc and all he said. I enjoyed both shows as a kid but Keenan and Kel was something I would watch more often. The characters were just funnier to me and thats all it really boiled down to. I remember after my senior prom the Goodburger Movie was on tv and went to a friends house and watched it. Greatest after prom activity ever, other then sex of course.

You know, I remember liking Dinosaurs when I was a little kid, but I don't think my infatuation for that show lasted too long, because there's not a nostalgic feeling I get when I look at that picture.

But Keenan & Kel I liked throughout it's entire run. Unfortunately, I tried watching a couple of episodes about a year ago I suppose, and I just couldn't dig it like I used to. But still.... there was once upon a time where I absolutely adored this show, and for that reason alone it gets my vote in this round over Dinosaurs.

I liked Keenan & Kel, but their best work together wasn't even on this show. Dinosaurs was hysterical, and should have lasted a lot longer than it did. Had this show started about 4 years later, even on the same channel and in the same time slot, it would have been much more successful.

NOT THE MAMA > Orange Soda

That's what the round says. Both shows were great but Keenan and Kel just got so repetitive and annoying that you have to take a break from them to enjoy them while with Dinosaurs, you can come back and enjoy them because they were a classic. Despite not having a long run, you can appreciate something more better when there's not so much of it around. Oh did I mention...

[youtube]/v/vq_UCIXUW-I&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/youtube]

Aww I haven't watched Dinosaurs in so long, the baby was adorable. These are both shows that I've watched and enjoyed for hours. But I can't allow Kenan and Kel to go out just yet. There isn't an episode I didn't enjoy. And while I feel bad allowing Dinosaurs to go out so early, Kenan and Kel was a big part of mine and most of my friends childhoods, and it made everyone I know LOVE orange soda.

This is actually a harder draw for me than I would have thought. However, I am going to give my vote to Kenan and Kel. For me, Kenan and Kel was one of the stalwart shows of my TV infancy. I have never laughed so hard at a show in my life and going back to watch it now, I scarce know why. However, at that time, it was just such a good show. I remember seeing the Halloween episode and almost pissing myself laughing it was that damn funny. Along with Frasier, this was the show that I used to pretend I was sick for. So that I didn't need to go to school and could watch two episodes of Kenan and Kel before nodding back off to sleep. Dinosaurs is a good show but I have to go with my heart and nostalgia value.

This was a tough choice. Dinosaurs was a great show, but I ended up picking for Kenan & Kel because it had no bad episodes and was a show I looked forward to every time I watched it. It was one of the last really good shows before Nickelodeon went downhill. Kenan & Kel gets my vote.

I gotta go with Keenan and Kel here. I liked Dinosaurs but I fucking loved Keen and Kel. It was fucking awesome and I still find it very funny and entertaining to this day. It should go quite far in this tournament.

I love me some Keenan and Kel. Both are really funny guys, as well as the owner of the convenience store. Just awesome stuff. Plus, it spawned Good Burger, which is incredible.

I vaugely remember Dinosaurs, but I think I was more creeped out than anything as a kid while watching that. Just a strange show.

Kenan & Kel in a landslide here (only one E in Kenan, remember now). I remember Dinosaurs, and I remember it just creeping me the fuck out. I couldn't figure out why everyone else liked it, those dinosaurs looked like something Jack Ketchum came up with on an acid trip or something, so I really avoided that show mostly as a child.

Kenan & Kel I fucking LOVED though. One of my favorite shows as a kid with one of if not the greatest theme song in TV history. Seriously how can you not LOVE that theme song? If you don't start grooving you have no heart, soul, or rhythm baby.

I caught maybe ten or so episodes on syndication earlier this year (I think it was on the N or one of those other channels like that) and while it wasn't as awesome as I remember it being (that show must've had a budget of $3.50) it was still funny and entertaining. I love both Kenan and Kel, so it gets my vote here.

Oh, and did I mention fucking KEN FOREE plays Kenan's dad? I never noticed that as a kid, but when I realized that now I was fucking amazed. Ken Foree is a horror movie icon in case you didn't know, most notably from his role in Romero's original classic Dawn of the Dead. And he plays Kenan's dad. Yeah, vote for him. Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back