Pearl Jam vs Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Pearl Jam

• Red Hot Chili Peppers

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

5th Round 90's / 00's Region Match

#2 Pearl Jam vs #7 Red Hot Chili Peppers

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun! PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU VOTE FOR THE BAND YOU INTEND TO VOTE FOR! MOVING FORWARD, IF YOU CLICK THE WRONG BAND, YOUR VOTE WILL HAVE TO STAND!

This matchup right here is propbably the most difficult for me to decide on thus far. Both of these bands are absolutely fantastic and if I had chosen a 90s/00s regional final, this would be it. Pearl Jam is probably the best of the grunge bands overall as far as diversity and the RHCP have an awesome catalog of music as well. Both of these bands are ones that have put out quality album after quality album, both have had longevity and I belyieve that both have had cultural significance of some kind, moreso Pearl Jam. But then I also feel that the RHCP will more stand the test of time than Pearl Jam.

For me, right now, this one is too close to call. I need time to think it over.

Ignore my sig for now.

even though I love both bands, the Chili Peppers have done more for me on a personal level and have connected with me emotionally far more than Pearl Jam has. There are a few songs by Pearl jam that I enjoy, but I can listen to the Chili Peppers for hours without ever getting tired of them, I find them more interesting and appealing, thats why I'm voting for them here

The Chillis take this one for me. As Echelon says, I have more of a connection with the Chillis than Pearl Jam.

Dont get me wrong, Pearl Jam are a fantastic band. But the Chillis just appeal more to me in terms of sound and lyrical content. And who else can mix funk, rock and just whatever else they want to into ablender and churn out decent albums?

Great two of my favourite bands an i have two choose. I am going to go pearljam here only becouse half of the Red hot chiili peppers songs sound the same. pearl jam would have to be my favourite band in the world. Just as other people have said for the Red hot Chilli peppers I have a connection for Pearl Jam. Especially with the song last kiss. I know them words and have been in the same boat as the guy in the song, I know that they are not the original Singers but They where my favourite band before i heard that song. Pearl Jam for the Win!

Sparky, I don't think that is fair to say about RHCP songs sounding the same, because I don't think Pearl Jam's songs differ from each other that much either. but anyway, I voted for Pearl Jam simply because I believe they left a bigger mark on rock legacy.

Wow, 11-10 the final. I am surprised that RHCP came all the way back to win this matchup and advance to the regional final four. Damn impressive from this band who has endured more than almost anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back