Red Hot Chili Peppers vs Papa Roach

• Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Papa Roach

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

2nd Round 90's / 00's Region Match

#7 Red Hot Chili Peppers vs #58 Papa Roach

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!

Obviously I am picking the Peppers here, they are my pick to take this region, I will post further on the topic once they face a real opponent, as Papa Roach should not have a vote here. They don't make music that is as good as, influential as or have as good of lyrics and music as RHCP who are a staple of 90s/00s rock that have had lasting power.

Obviously I am picking the Peppers here, they are my pick to take this region, I will post further on the topic once they face a real opponent, as Papa Roach should not have a vote here. They don't make music that is as good as, influential as or have as good of lyrics and music as RHCP who are a staple of 90s/00s rock that have had lasting power.

FYI Strafro, when the Peppers win this match, which they will do in dominating fashion because these two bands are WORLDS apart, they will get the winner of Fuel vs Primus. Since I expect Fuel to come out of that one and they are one of my all time favorites, I will be happy to fight the good fight with you on an RHCP vs Fuel matchup. Should be fun.

Peppers take it hands down. They have waned in recent years, but thier early stuff and Californication albm is a nice mix of different music styles.

Papa Roach was good for 1, maybe 2 songs, but they just latched on to the nu metal scene created by Korn and Limp Bizkit

Papa Roach has some catchy tunes but they should not even be named in the same sentence as RHCP. Again, I'm not a huge fan of the Peppers but they have probably influenced more bands than Papa Roach can name. The Peppers are one of those bands that are consistently good because they reinvent themselves. IC25, you stole my exact line in reference to Green Day- but the Peppers are indeed the Madonna of rock music.

Papa Roach just plains sucks, one of the worst bands I have ever heard, I don't think I could name even one half way good song by them, because they simply don't have any, RHCP on the other hand have loads, and are one of the better bands in this whole tournament, this is an easy win for them

FYI Strafro, when the Peppers win this match, which they will do in dominating fashion because these two bands are WORLDS apart, they will get the winner of Fuel vs Primus. Since I expect Fuel to come out of that one and they are one of my all time favorites, I will be happy to fight the good fight with you on an RHCP vs Fuel matchup. Should be fun.

Should be fun indeed, although I am a Fuel fan, I think it will take more from you to get people to vote for Fuel than it will for me to get people to vote the RHCP. But I am looking forward to it, should be a good time.

Should be fun indeed, although I am a Fuel fan, I think it will take more from you to get people to vote for Fuel than it will for me to get people to vote the RHCP. But I am looking forward to it, should be a good time.

I am prepared for that, and to be honest I will not be fighting tooth and nail for Fuel vs RHCP the way I did for Vader. Fuel are a great 90's and 00's band, but they are not the rock legends RHCP are. While I will vote for Fuel based on the technical skills of their composition and some of their lyrics, I am prepared for RHCP to win by a margin of around 20-4.

Papa roach - Same era as linkin Park, Limp Bizkit...as has been said, they merely rode the coattails of bands which had already paved the way for them to scrape by with a mediocre number of 'hits', get themselves on Cribs probably, then fade into rock obscurity along with the bands mentioned above.

The Chilis are masters of transcending what the current trend in music is, and sticking to what got them there - catchy tunes, enough rock to keep all interested - yet mellow enough to make them mainstream favourites, and great lyrics. RHCP take this one ridiculously easily in my eyes

21 - 0? Yeah I think that just about shows how good Red Hot Chili Peppers are compared to Papa Roach, who I can't get my head around being famous at all. They're unoriginal, they're boring, their style is crap and they just will never be remembered. Seriously, against RHCP these guys have no chance. It'll take a big one to stop them in my opinion.

So far in two matchups, the RHCP have beaten their two opponents into submission 49-1, and that 1 was a sympathy vote for AFI. No other band has been this dominant so far in the tournament, and it is really showing just how many people their music can reach out to if they can blank other bands like this. Me like.

So far in two matchups, the RHCP have beaten their two opponents into submission 49-1, and that 1 was a sympathy vote for AFI. No other band has been this dominant so far in the tournament, and it is really showing just how many people their music can reach out to if they can blank other bands like this. Me like.

I am not so sure this is as much a statement on RHCP's dominance as it is for the fact that they got AFI and Papa Roach in the first two rounds. Starting next round, the competiton gets tougher, as RHCP draws a tough test from Fuel.

Fuel won't be a tough test, Fuel is just another generic band that sounds like every other band, if you seriously think RHCP are gonna have trouble with them, then you're gonna be sorely disappointed, RHCP will go very far in this thing, I have no doubt in my mind about that

Tougher test than the first two bands anyway. I think RHCP could go a long way towards winning this. They have the advantage of seemingly being universally liked which is a good trait to get through opposition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back