Pearl Jam vs Oasis

• Pearl Jam

• Oasis

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

4th Round 90's / 00's Region Match

#2 Pearl Jam vs #18 Oasis

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun! PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU VOTE FOR THE BAND YOU INTEND TO VOTE FOR! MOVING FORWARD, IF YOU CLICK THE WRONG BAND, YOUR VOTE WILL HAVE TO STAND!

This one is a toughie. On one side, an American band who was quite big in the states. On the other, one of the cornerstones of British Rock Music history.

Im voting for Oasis. There songs defined a generation and summed up our culture -youthful excesses. Its the kind of music that you listen to on a hot summers day, with a pint of the finest lager money can buy(im more of a real ale man myself). I dont think without Oasis, indie music just wouldnt be the same as it was.

Touchee. I voted Pearl Jam.

In the movie "A Bronx Tale," Lorenzo's father (played by Robert DiNiro) said "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent. You can have all the talent in the world, but if you don't do the right thing, nothing happens." Oasis is like this. All the talent in the world, but personal attitudes and internal clashes almost imploded them, and certainly derailed some of their success. Noel Gallagher saying he hoped the guys from Blur would "catch AIDS and die?" THAT is a problem.

Pearl Jam has endured the death of Grunge Rock, and persevered to become quote possibly the most popular rock band in the US in the past 20 years. They outsold Nirvana and transcended the "Alt-Rock" label to just become a terrific rock band overall.

Let's also remember that Ten was one of the most legendary albums in rock history. It is certified at 12x Platinum in the US, 7x Platinum in Canada, and 6x Platinum in Austrailia. Pearl Jam's 2nd album, Vs., went 7x Platinum in the US and 5x Platinum in Canada. The songs off of these albums still resonate with people today: Jeremy, Even Flow, Alive, Black, Better Man, Daughter, etc.

Pearl Jam should win this, but I don't expect by much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back