Not open for further replies.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner

80's Region Final - The Wonder Years vs The Simpsons

wonder-years.jpg

VS

33189.gif

Son of a bitch!
I love both of these shows and I've no idea who I'm voting for as they're about as equal as you can get. It's drama vs comedy. For that reason I'm erring on the side of The Wonder Years. I love it's wonderful recreation of the 60's and history, truly awesome soundtrack and probably the sweetest childhood romance I've ever seen. And of course, the most iconic narration in TV history.
The Simpsons is/was brilliantly clever, very funny at times and heartwarming but it'll never match The Wonder Years, which was an epic love letter to the 60's and growing up.

The Simpsons might just win this entire tourney. It beat Cheers and Family Ties, two shows I adored as a kid, and now it goes against a show that had a cult following at best. Wonder Years was great, but The Simpsons will run all over it. And will probably go on to win the entire tourney.

This is a hard choice. I remember watching The Wonder Years as a kid and telling my parents they were Kevin and Wenni. That was a show my whole family would watch together,so the memories of that show are great.

On the other hand we got The Simpsons. the longest running prime time show.
I have watched this show for what seems like forever and I still love it. I own all the seasons that are out on DVD. Hell, I even got a Bart Man tattoo.

With all that being said I will vote for The Simpsons, but it was not easy.

There is little doubt in my mind that The Simpsons is going to win this tournament now. If Cheers couldn't beat it, I don't know what will.

However, I voted for The Wonder Years here because it's a superior show. Anyone can enjoy The Wonder Years together. Can't really say that about The Simpsons. It's funny, but it's certainly one of those shows you just watch with your close friends, unlike The Wonder Years which whole families can watch together. They don't make shows as good as The Wonder Years anymore.

Have to go with Simpsons here simply because its a better show. The reason For that is For me The Simpsons never got old I've loved the Simpsons from when they started. While The Wonder Years did Interest me for a short period of time, The Simpsons still entertain me to this very day.

The Simpsons here and it's not even close for me.

I have watched the Simpsons for almost 15 years and seen every single episode that it has to offer. Whilst it may not be the great show that it was, it is still very good and more importantly humerus. I don't mind telling you that I have seen very little of the Wonder Years but I am not letting that affect my decision. I would vote for The Simpsons here even if I had watched more of The Wonder Years. The Simpsons has being going strong for 20-something years now and it deserves to go through here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back