Status
Not open for further replies.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner

80's Region - 3rd Round - Cheers vs Saved By The Bell

cheers.jpg

VS

saved_by_the_bell2.jpg

I'm a huge Saved By the Fan. I own every episode, and can tell you what the episode is after about 15 seconds of watching the first scene.

With that said, it doesn't even come close to touching Cheers here, and anyone who says so is either out of their mind, or hasn't watched Cheers. Cheers was one of the dominant TV programs of the 80s, with a great and captivating cast of characters, with hilarious actors and great scripts.

Saved By the Bell was a cheesy and poorly acted sitcom designed to appeal to 13 and 14 year old children.

This is Cheers, and it shouldn't even be close.

Very few shows can touch Cheers. Saved by the Bell is not one of them. Did I watch Saved by the Bell religiously for most of my teen years? Yes. Did I think Zack was pretty cool? Yes. Did I want a threesome with Kelly and Jesse? Absolutely. But you're talking about a show that depended on cheesy teen humor versus one of the better ensemble casts in TV history.

Cheers was one of those shows I could turn on after having a horrible day and I'd be just fine. Quick story to elaborate on that. Broke up with my ex fiance. Devastated. I didn't know what the hell to do. Went back to my dorm room at college, turned on the TV and what was on? Cheers. On Nick at Nite. It was a marathon. Things were still shitty, but for three and nearly a half hours, I was fine. So vote Cheers. They know your name. Zack doesn't.

I agree with what's already been said. I picked Cheers because it was one of the greatest ever, and much MUCH better than Saved By The Bell. Most shows have nothing on Cheers. Although I liked Saved By The Bell too, Cheers should win this round easily.

Saved By the Bell is an excellent show, it just got a bad draw here. Cheers is what it is. One of the best shows of the 80's. Untouched by a lot. What an excellent cast it had on it too. Fucking Kelsey Grammer? Sign me up. I love Saved By the Bell. But you really can't vote against cheers here.

I never really got into Saved by the Bell. I watched it when I was younger, but even then it got old for me. It was a good show, but it's going up against one of my favorite shows of all time, Cheers. Let me put it this way, last year I was at a dueling pianos show at the bar, and they started playing the Cheers theme. The entire bar started instinctively singing the theme, word for word. You know that's a great show when everyone knows it's theme. I don't see anyone knowing Saved by the Bell's theme by heart.

Cheers here easily. It was a fantastic show that had one of the most relaxing settings in all of television. The supporting cast was fantastic, and their use of humour in with real life situations always made the show flow. Saved By The Bell was just one of those afterschool special shows that I never enjoyed more than a watch or two when I was young.

Where are the Saved By The Bell guys now? Who knows, what they aren't doing, is acting. Although I think Screech was in a movie recently. Saved By The Bell was aimed at kids, and that's it, whereas Cheers was the comedy with mainstream appeal throughout the 1980s. Both shows have memorable theme tunes, but just about everyone in the western world knows what your singing within about two lines of the Cheers theme tune. Cheers gets the vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back