Not open for further replies.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
70's Region - The Odd Couple vs Taxi

cast.jpg

VS

taxi.jpg

Damn you for making me choose :(

I am a huge fan of both shows, and could watch the entire run of either show in one sitting, but I must make a choice...I'm going with The Odd Couple, because it's one of the funniest shows I've ever seen, and can fit into anyone's personal life as a true story.

Taxi deserves a good number of votes too, though...

The Odd Couple is so overrated that it's not even fucking funny. I've never found an ounce of humor in this show, and I have no idea how others did. It's just stupid.

Taxi, on the other hand, easily one of the greatest sitcoms of all time. The show remained so consistent throughout it's run, and how couldn't it with that INCREDIBLE cast it had? It probably has the best cast out of every sitcom in this tournament. Seriously, look at some of these names:

Judd Hirsch
Tony Danza
Danny DeVito
Christopher Lloyd
Andy Kaufman
Carol Kane

Honestly, incredible cast, and they delivered every time they were on camera. That cast made the show, easily, and it's all the reason I need to vote it over the piece of shit that is The Odd Couple.

NO!

These are two of my favorite shows of all time and one has to go home this early? That's just absolutely not fair. However, it has to be Taxi getting the win. That show is nothing short of epic with some of the best best writing and characters I've ever seen. CHristopher Lloyd and the driver's test might be the funniest 4-5 minutes of television I've ever seen. Sadly, as great as Odd Couple was, it doesn't go over Taxi here.

Basically, just read KB and NSL's posts and you have a summary on what I think. These are two great shows that I liked quite a bit. I'll give the slight edge to Taxi. Danny Devito and Judd Hirsch are great together and you can't forget Andy Kaufmann, who made that show even better than it was before.

I'll vote Taxi, but barely.

I confer with the other posters. Neither of these shows should be gone after the first round when there is plenty of junk shows in this region. Both shows are possible 3rd rounders. However I have to go with Odd Couple. They played off of each other so well. Both of their characters are more know for this show. The cast is better of Taxi. However several are more know on other shows or movies. Danza Who's the Boss, most notable. Odd Couple is the better show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back