70's Region - The Brady Bunch vs Second City Television (SCTV)

The Brady Bunch vs Second City Television

• The Brady Bunch

• SCTV

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
70's Region - The Brady Bunch vs Second City Television (SCTV)

brady-bunch04.jpg

VS

sctv-thumb-580x270-9703.jpg

Note: Yes, The Brady Bunch technically started in 1969, but, we're including it in this region.

Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!

Brady Bunch gets my vote for a number of reasons, but the those are the top three. The show was funny, it's still funny today, and it had a really good cast (for its time). I'm pretty sure this is the last good "wholesome" family comedy. Most family shows after this were about dysfunctional families.

The Brady Bunch is simply an iconic show that trancends time. Almost everyone knows about episodes such as the voice change one regardless of their age. If the Brady Bunch come on today, I'll still check it out. Great family show that is simply iconic. Plus, it gave us The Brady Bunch Movie, which is awesome

The Brady Bunch is to me, a classic. I watched this show all the time as a kid when it was on WTBS. It was a great show, that's still relevant today. SCTV DID produce John Candy, Rick Moranis, and the dad from American Pie. It's a worthy foe, but it's not a match for the Brady Bunch.

SCTV isn't really a sitcom, it is an iconic Canadian sketch comedy. Some of the best comedians of the time came from the show, such as Dave Thomas, Eugene Levy, and probably biggest (in many ways) John Candy.

I voted for it, because I doubt many people have watched it, but it is good to represent Canada's Second City.

I don't think I've ever seen Second City Television. If I had, then it's simply a forgettable show.

However, I have seen The Brady Bunch, and there is NOTHING forgettable about that unbelievably awesome sitcom. Today, I can't really pop in an episode and enjoy it, but man... as a kid, I fucking loved the show. Why? I don't know, I just did. All the storylines intrigued me, and it simply made me laugh. Every single character was likable, which isn't something you can say for most sitcoms or television shows period, and I just dug the show. What more can I say?

So, yeah... The Brady Bunch gets my vote here, without a doubt.

Why the fuck is everyone using unreadable fonts in these threads? Anyone care to explain?

I would have voted for the Brady Bunch, but it kind of sucked. Massively. It's a guilty childhood pleasure of mine, sure, but it was never anything remotely "good".

SCTV gets my vote here, simply because of the kickstart it gave to alot of really talented and funny comedians in the business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back