Pink Floyd vs Queen

• Pink Floyd

• Queen

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

1970's Region Final

#1 Pink Floyd vs #2 Queen

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums.

There can be no ties in the regional finals. If the votes are tied after the voting ends, we will hold a one-day overtime.

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU VOTE FOR THE BAND YOU INTEND TO VOTE FOR! MOVING FORWARD, IF YOU CLICK THE WRONG BAND, YOUR VOTE WILL HAVE TO STAND!

Here we are, the 70's Regional Finals. I personally think that both these bands deserve to be where they are right now. Pink Floyd are arguably the greatest band ever in the progressive rock sub-genre. It's been said, that Pink Floyd are the best band you can possibly see live. Pink Floyd have influenced so many bands, and put on so many classics. They definitely have what it takes to win here. Now Queen, Queen not only is said to be one of the most talented, and influential bands of all time, but they also created their sub-genre, Opera Rock. No other band like Queen has such an amazing list of classic songs. "Bohemian Rhapsody" has even been called "the best rock song ever". Queen's influence may only be met by the Beatles. And don't even get me started on Freddie Mercury.

Pink Floyd discography speaks for itself. "The Wall" is 23x’s platinum, "The Dark Side of the Moon" is 15x’s platinum, and "Wish You Were Here" is 6x’s platinum. Now that is amazing.

As there is too much to name for Queen, I'll show their chart positions (which are nothing short of amazing):
Number Ones: 18 albums and 20 singles.
Top Tens: 26 albums and 41 singles.
Top Twenties: 29 albums and 47 singles.
Top Thirties: 30 albums and 51 singles.
Top Forties: 31 albums and 57 singles.

It's safe to say that they both have done a lot. But on sheer influence Queen has to win here. "We Are The Champions", and "We Will Rock You" are the anthems for any sporting arena, and "Bohemian Rhapsody" will be sung by anyone, I agree with whoever called it the best rock song ever, and that's quite a claim. Pink Floyd has done a lot, more than a lot. But compared to Queen you just can't go with Pink Floyd. Even though they have made such amazing classics as "Another Brick in the Wall", "Money", and many more, Queen has to take it here.

Wow, wow, wow. What do I do here? This is probably close to one of the toughest decisions I have made in my. Wow, I'm really going to have to think this over. On one hand we have Pink Floyd, a band very well respected, and had everybody hooked to their stuff. Then you have Mercury and Co. in Queen. Queen was a band that led by Freddy Mercury did great things for the music world. They also but soooo much emotion into their songs, Bohemian Rhapsody still gives me the chills. Emotion is the key for me, if the band succeeds in putting emotion into their song properly, then they are destined to be good. I think thats what makes me side with Queen here, their emotion. Not saying that Pink Floyd did not have emotion, just they can't match it up quite just with Queen. While both bands will have a legacy to live on forever, I hate having to vote against one of them, but I'm guessing I have to vote against Pink Floyd.

I voted for Queen as well. While Pink Floyd is well respected, they are just, I don't know...too quirky? Anyway, they aren't worthy of my vote over Queen. If there is such a thing as someone being blessed by God with the "divine spark", that sets them apart from other singers/musicians, God gave both Freddie Mercury and Brian May double shots of it. In the last round, I said I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed at all if Queen ended up winning the whole tournament...I stand by it.

Ok I can't say anything bad about Queen they are a great band and deserve all the success they've archived so far in this tournament, but I went with Pink Floyd, cause I honestly feel they are the better band here, Pink Floyd area band initially earned recognition for their psychedelic music, and, as they evolved, for their progressive rock music. They are known for philosophical lyrics, sonic experimentation, innovative cover art, and elaborate live shows. One of rock music's most successful acts, the group have sold over 200 million albums worldwide including 74.5 million albums in the United States alone, they also produced Dark Side of The Moon, which stayed on the Billboard 200 for 741 consecutive weeks, that's 14 fucking years people, the longest duration of any album in history, the album has been on the charts for over 1500 weeks, that's 29 years!!!, bassicaly what I'm saying here is that the band has produced the single most successful album of all time, they have had a strong and loyal fan following through out their entire careers and manged to survive multiple line-up changes at lead singer, with roger Waters taking the lead singer spot from Syd Barrett, form '76 to '85, then David Gilmour taking over that role in '87 till '95, Pink Floyd have also influenced progressive rock artists of the 1970s such as Genesis and Yes; and contemporary artists such as Nine Inch Nails, as well as many others, as I said at the beginning of my post Queen deserves every vote they have gotten in this tournament so far, and if they go on to win this thing then so be it, good for them, but I honestly feel Pink Floyd is the better band here and deserves to take this match up

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back