Metallica vs Guns N Roses

• Metallica

• Guns N Roses

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

1970's Region Final

#1 Metallica vs #2 Guns N Roses

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums.

There can be no ties in the regional finals. If the votes are tied after the voting ends, we will hold a one-day overtime.

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU VOTE FOR THE BAND YOU INTEND TO VOTE FOR! MOVING FORWARD, IF YOU CLICK THE WRONG BAND, YOUR VOTE WILL HAVE TO STAND!

This is extremely hard for me. Both the Guns N' Roses, and Metallica are my two favourite bands of all time. The Guns N' Roses had a specific sound that made them stand out. That sound includes Axl Rose's voice, Matt Sorum's drums, and Slash's guitar. All that together made them one of the most influential bands of the late 80's, and early 90's. Not to mention all of their incredible singles, including "Sweet Child O' Mine". Metallica, they have also done shitloads during their prime. All the awards they have won are outstanding. Not to mention, Kirk Hammett who has been called one of the greatest guitarists of all time. Their awards list is impressive, but the singles are equally too, "Enter Sandman" is a true master piece.

The Guns N' Roses have released four studio albums, and all four went platinum. Here they are: "Appetite for Destruction" is 15x's platinum, "Use Your Illusion I" and "Use Your Illusion II" are both 7x's platinum, and finally "The Spaghetti Incident?" is only 1x platinum, but still impressive.

Like I mentioned earlier, Metallica has garnered many awards, and here are the credentials: 7 Grammy Awards, 2 MTV Video Music Awards, 2 American Music Awards, and 3 Billboard Music Awards.

Both those lists are very impressive, equally so. Both these bands have done a lot for the music industry, and have influenced many of today's bands. But I can only choose one band, and that band is the Guns N' Roses. They are both equally great, but I just have to choose the band I liked more. I won't be mad if either win, but in my opinion, it should be Axl Rose and co.

I knew this would happen.

I even called it.

Guns N Roses NARROWLY escaped Bon Jovi, and now they are getting thrashed by Metallica, because both bands appeal to the same audience - and that audience overwhelmingly believes Metallica to be the end-all-be-all. Had Bon Jovi gone over GnR, this would be a FAR more interesting match.

Notwithstanding, OF COURSE I voted for Metallica. It doesn't even matter than I listen to GnR more. Metallica produced more, sold more, toured more, influenced more, lasted longer. Metallica experimented with projects like Load and S&M, whereas GnR just stayed in the cycle of Anthem-Ballad-Anthem-Ballad-Anthem. GnR opened for Metallica, NOT the other way around.

This is a walk, and I'm already looking ahead to next week when Metallica has to face the winner of Foo Fighters / Red Hot Chili Peppers in the Tournament Semi-Finals.

What a great match up. Despite their short lived career, GNR are still one of the greatest rock bands in history. Unfortunately for them, they have run into the Greatest rock band ever in Metallica. I'm a huge fan of Axl and the boys, but this is no contest.

VOTE FOR METALLICA!!!

Yesterday when I cast the first vote for Metallica, I was beginning to get worried. 24 hours later, all is right with the world. Metallica is rolling again and will soon move onto the next round. To me this is Metallica all the way. GNR has some great stuff, but just like every other band Metallica has taken on in this tournament this entire time and that is blow them off the stage. Metallica moves onto the next round just as they should: In dominating fashion.

Its interesting...in the previous round, I voted for Bon Jovi over GnR because of Axel's attitude problems...And, the incident foremost in my mind at the time was when GnR was playing a show with Metallica, with Metallica playing first, and James Hetfield suffered his injuries from the pyrotechnics...Metallica had to cut their set short, and GnR could have stepped up to the plate, but Axel was late, as usual. Then, when he did show up, he left the stage after only 9 songs, blaming it on his voice. Uh huh. Axel Rose had a chance to be a BIGTIME hero to everyone at that concert, but acted like a royal a-hole instead, and pissed everyone off. Its precisely that kind of attitude that made me vote for Bon Jovi, and, considering it was Metallica they were playing with that night, I am casting my vote for Metallica against GnR here.

I knew this would happen.

I even called it.

Guns N Roses NARROWLY escaped Bon Jovi, and now they are getting thrashed by Metallica, because both bands appeal to the same audience - and that audience overwhelmingly believes Metallica to be the end-all-be-all. Had Bon Jovi gone over GnR, this would be a FAR more interesting match.

I'm sorry I gotta disagree with you on this one, I think either way Metallica would've rolled over the compititon, why you may ask, well you pretty much say it with the rest of your post...

Metallica produced more, sold more, toured more, influenced more, lasted longer. Metallica experimented with projects like Load and S&M,

See? right there, you pretty much sum it up right there

This is a walk, and I'm already looking ahead to next week when Metallica has to face the winner of Foo Fighters / Red Hot Chili Peppers in the Tournament Semi-Finals.

As am I cause I see Metallica rolling over which ever one of those bands they face, Metallica to me is the band to beat in this thing, it seems like every band they face they just roll right over them no matter how big or popular they are, I'm actually looking more forward to the possibilities for facing them in the finals (should they get there), I mean Queen, Pink Floyd, Zepplin, the Who, these really seem like the only bands that really seem to pose any real threat to Metallica IMO, and with the way this tournament has been going it looks like Queen would pose the biggest threat to them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back