Guns N Roses vs Warrant

• Guns N Roses

• Warrant

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

2nd Round 80's Region Match

#2 Guns N' Roses vs #63 Warrant

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!

This is for me as clear cut as it gets. On the one hand you have Warrant an average band, which when they first came out released some quite good music but faded into oblivion really after their first sucess. I'm not going to cut them short because there first 2 albums weren't actualy that bad, but nothing really stands out for me as great music. I quite liked the song Cherry Pie but it's almost laughable for me to compare it to even some of the lesser known songs from one of the greatest Rock bands of all time.

And that brings me nicely onto Guns n Roses. Not only are they probably the most popular rock band of all time, there music has stood the test of time. If I go nowand listen to the Rolling Stones, or Led Zepplin, I can aprechiate what great music it is, however it just isn't popular nowadays whatever people may say. GNR's music still sounds good today, thats why there my pick to win the entire tournament. They have every one of the criteria required to be known as great- music, lyrics, huge main-stream popularity, influence, mark on the music industry, not to mention possibly the greatest album ever produced in my opinion in Appetite For destruction. Guns n Roses take it easily in the end.

Guns N' Roses take this one for me. There's just something about Axl Rose's voice that makes him sound incredible. The range the guy has is outstanding.
Songs like November Rain, Welcome to the Jungle and Sweet Child of Mine are classic rock anthems, and they have also put out some outstanding covers such as Knockin' on Heaven's Door, Live and Let Die and Sympathy for the Devil.

Controversial as Rose may be, he was a master at what he did...if he wasn't a #1 and #2 album at the same time wouldn't have happened.

GNR are going to rocket through a few rounds of this thing, save for a date with Stevie Ray Vaughn. Influential, versatile, and powerful, this band churned out powerhouse albums, one after the other. Even their less popular or less prolific albums such as "Lies" and "The Spaghetti Incident" are still packed with strong music, and "Appetite for Destruction" remains one of the 10 greatest debut albums in rock history. Who can really knock knock knock these guys off of heaven's door?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back