Queen vs Black Sabbath

• Queen

• Black Sabbath

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

5th Round 70's Region Match

#2 Queen vs #7 Black Sabbath

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun! PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU VOTE FOR THE BAND YOU INTEND TO VOTE FOR! MOVING FORWARD, IF YOU CLICK THE WRONG BAND, YOUR VOTE WILL HAVE TO STAND!

Ouch, this one is going to be hard.

On one hand, one of the founding fathers in Queen, who took rock music into the mianstream.

On the other, Black Sabbath, who basically created a genre.

Im going to choose Sabbath in this one, I just hd to flip a coin to do so :(

Wow, this is is tough, both are great bands, and both deserve to move on, but I'm going to have to go with Sabbath, they basically created metal, they were one of, if not the first band to ever play darker songs, they took a huge gamble and thankfully it worked, cause with out them we wouldn't have metal, a genre an music that is still going strong today, to me that has got to be one of the biggest accomplishments a band can have, and as great as Queen is, they can't really say the same thing, though I have heard people claim that they Queen did write the first ever thrash metal song with Stone Cold Crazy, either way you really can't go wrong with who ever you vote for in this round, cause both bands are simply fucking amazing, wouldn't mind seeing this round end in tie

I think this round comes down to personal preference for a lot of people. That's what I expect to see in these later rounds.

On one hand, you have the kings of arena rock in Queen. Their two shittiest songs - We Will Rock You and We Are the Champions - are arena rock anthems that will live forever as long as Disney is churning out films like The Mighty Ducks and Air Bud. I've said it before - Queen is the greatest band in rock music history. Nobody has done what they have done. They would take genre's of music that other bands built an entire career around, do ONE song from that genre, and then move on. There was so much variety, and so much talent in this foursome. Freddie Mercury is also, hands down, the greatest rock frontman of all time.

Justinsayne was also spot on about Sabbath. I personally preferred Ozzy's solo work to Sabbath, but as the tournament cliche goes, "you can't deny their influence." When Justin said:

they were one of, if not the first band to ever play darker songs, they took a huge gamble and thankfully it worked, cause with out them we wouldn't have metal, a genre an music that is still going strong today

...he was more right than I can say. If Sabbath failed, the landscape of music might be totally different than it is today. I am nothing short of uber impressed with the band's work.

Here's one difference. Queen has basically fallen off since the death of Freddie Mercury. The original lineup was SO important to the dynamic of this band. I saw them play Nassau Collesium with Paul Rodgers from Bad Company, and it was such a let down. With Sabbath, they did very well with Ronnie James Dio as their lead singer. Some even feel Sabbath was better with Dio as their frontman. So few bands have been so solid as a unit that interchanging parts was never really an option - The Beatles one of the others.

I voted Queen, of course, as I will against everyone they meet in this tournament. I truly feel they are the greatest rock band in history and I hope they win the entire tournament. But you gotta respect Sabbath.

Wow this is a tough one. Both are favorites of mine and both have revolutionized muisic greatly. I agree with IC25 though. Ozzy's solo work is better IMO, but Sabbath did basically create their own genre like Justin said. With that said though, Im going with Queen on this one.

Whatever happens, I dont care who wins.

Both are title winning bands, it tore me apart to vote for either one, had to resort to a coin toss as they both influenced ME that much(Queen to pick up a guitar, Sabbath for bringing me to the darker side of rock)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back