Black Sabbath vs J. Giles Band

• Black Sabbath

• J. Giles Band

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

1st Round 70's Region Match

Black Sabbath vs J. Giles Band

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!

I feel sorry for the J. Giles Band... No I don't. They are going against Sabbath the fathers of Heavy Metal. Sabbath takes this one easily, if you vote J. Giles you hate music and innovative music. Tony Iommi is a god, he brought a new sound missing the top of two fingers and playing the diabolus in musica or tritone to help in creating one of the Seminal rock and heavy metal songs in Black Sabbath. That alone sets them apart using that dissonance to create this song.

[youtube]1yntdJ1kDI4[/youtube]

Next we get on to two men that own over all Metal, they have a position like Kim Il Sung in North Korea who is leader for eternity, so to are Ozzy Osbourne and Ronnie James Dio leaders for Eternity in Metal and Rock in general.

Onto more about Songs. Iron Man is the second best riff to learn on the guitar (No.1 goes to Smoke on the Water). The range width and Bredth of the topics that Black Sabbath cover in terms of lyrics is too broad to list. the Influence go to most Rock bands and ask for their musical influences somewhere down the line is Black Sabbath, they are that imbedded in the Rock Genre. And these guys are another proof that the best bands come out of England. But I have to say listen to Spiral Architect. It is on Black Sabbath, this just happens to be my favourite Sabbath song.

[youtube]rCgoE_eAW0I[/youtube]

Your right about Sabbath. Possibly the greatest heavy rock band in history.

Ozzy Osboruen. A crazy bastard, he did all the sex, drugs and rocknroll when he was young, now he is paying for it in his old age.

Listen to War Pigs when you have a chance. You cannot tell me that is not relevant nowadays, especially with the war in Iraq

I am thrilled that Shadowmancer brought up Ronnie James Dio's presence in Black Sabbath in the post-Ozzy era. Dio was such a great fit, and he had such huge shoes to fill.

I appreciate Sabbath as one of the triad of Heavy Metal's Godfathers (with Judas Priest and Iron Maiden) but I feel Ozzy was significantly better as a solo artist. Despite that, I absolutely appreciate Sabbath's innovation and impact on music and I expect them to get pretty far in this region - at least 2 or 3 rounds - before hitting any major roadblocks.

Black Sabbath really should crush J Giles band here. They have the influence, and while they were rock...they knew how to integrate musical ideas into their music to create a unique sound. Sabbath take this easily

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back