3DS confirmed titles

Not really Lee. They were likely going to put a camera on the back anyway, and all it takes for it to be a ZOMG AWESOME 3D camera is a second one in close proximity. That is hardly a spectacular development in the history of handhelds.

Especially considering that it's a technique roughly as old as radiography.

God help us when they invent something like time travel "pssst H.G welles wrote about it in 1895 hardly anything good"

I said it was awesome, it was a nice surprise that made me mark. Big fucking deal.

Lee, by all means be excited about it. I was merely pointing out that it is not an impressive feat to use a 120 yearold technique now that they've got a screen to show it off. Will I get a 3DS? Probably. If i get one, will I mess around with the 3D camera? Hell yes.

Stormtrooper annoyed me with his constant protestations about how it is a revolution, when the most impressive thing about the getup is the screen.

Aren't the upcoming Pokemon games geared towards the 3DS?

A Nintendo handheld console without Pokemon? :lmao:

Not been announced officially but you bet your ass they'll have the one after black and white out for it.

I am pretty excited about the 3DS though Kirby was the most pleasant surprise:

[YOUTUBE]3HkLCr6rLGs[/YOUTUBE]

Lee, by all means be excited about it. I was merely pointing out that it is not an impressive feat to use a 120 yearold technique now that they've got a screen to show it off. Will I get a 3DS? Probably. If i get one, will I mess around with the 3D camera? Hell yes.

Because it's something that handheld video game systems have been doing for 120 years, right? it's impressive because (to my knowledge) there has never been a 3D camera to be sold retail, especially as a portable video game system.

Stormtrooper annoyed me with his constant protestations about how it is a revolution, when the most impressive thing about the getup is the screen.
Again, just because the technology may have been there, doesn't mean it isn't revolutionary. Have you ever seen a 3D camera being sold retail? The answer (to my knowledge) is no. Therefore it's revolutionary.

The screen is more impressive technologically, but you're acting like the camera is nothing special. The camera is special, because again, it has NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE FOR RETAIL. Yes, movies have done it, but you can't go to your local consumer electronics store and purchase a 3D camera.

Because it's something that handheld video game systems have been doing for 120 years, right? it's impressive because (to my knowledge) there has never been a 3D camera to be sold retail, especially as a portable video game system.

Again, just because the technology may have been there, doesn't mean it isn't revolutionary. Have you ever seen a 3D camera being sold retail? The answer (to my knowledge) is no. Therefore it's revolutionary.

The screen is more impressive technologically, but you're acting like the camera is nothing special. The camera is special, because again, it has NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE FOR RETAIL. Yes, movies have done it, but you can't go to your local consumer electronics store and purchase a 3D camera.

The camera is nothing special. It's two cameras you'd find on the back of a mobile phone bolted together.

And clearly we have different ideas of what's genius. The guy who takes two pieces of pre-existing technology and puts them together is not a genius. He's putting two and two together. The guys who came up with the individual technologies are, but not the guy who put them together, if you get what I mean.

circles.jpg

Come on Miyamoto. How can you have all of this awesomeness and not add Marvel vs Capcom 3 as your crowning jewel? Goldeneye, Star Fox, Mario Kart. Damn, add Mortal Kombat and Rogue Squadron and you'll send me back to '98.

Nintendo3DS.jpg

Looks complicated. Might pick one up if it's under $200.

what's more complicated then the original DS? the only difference is a 3D widescreen screen on top, and an analog stick like thing.

I can't see it being more then 200. Likely $199.99 or something. Nintendo doesn't want to over-price it and drive people away.

When they've finished designing it + a few months for marketing. I believe Lee mentioned that the final design isn't quite done yet.

No release/price date yet but it's expected to be announces at the Tokyo Show. It looks like it's ready, but I imagine there's a few kinks to sort out. Christmas would be asking for too much too soon!

It's a big ol' Ninty love-in, in here.

Anyway, here is my thoughts on Nintendo's conference.

1) Epic Mickey looks like exactly that... Epic!
2) Goldeneye looks like it will be no better than a PS2 game
3) Kirby is fucking beast!
4) 3DS is not something I will buy. It looks good but it's still handheld and I don't like that.
5) The main guy needs to learn English better, if he is going to announce things to an English speaking audience.

It's a big ol' Ninty love-in, in here.
as it should be, since Ninty did kick major ass at E3. Also, it's about the 3DS, which pretty much had a flawless unveiling. I do not believe there was anything that wasn't amazing about the whole unveiling.

Anyway, here is my thoughts on Nintendo's conference.

1) Epic Mickey looks like exactly that... Epic!
2) Goldeneye looks like it will be no better than a PS2 game
3) Kirby is fucking beast!
4) 3DS is not something I will buy. It looks good but it's still handheld and I don't like that.
5) The main guy needs to learn English better, if he is going to announce things to an English speaking audience.

I agree with everything but 2 (and 4 is an opinion that I do not share). I saw the Goldeneye trailer and immediately thought that the graphics were paying homage to the original Goldeneye, and they really did look better then you think. Yes, they were a little pasty, but if you remember the N64 game, that was what they looked like.

To be fair I have an N64, goldeneye and 4 pads. If they're not going to update the graphics why should I buy a new copy?

To be fair I have an N64, goldeneye and 4 pads. If they're not going to update the graphics why should I buy a new copy?

they did update the graphics, extremely. They just gave the game a similar art-style, to pay homage to the original.

Oh, and you want a new copy for MOTION CONTROL!!!!!!!!1!!!!111! Actually, Goldeneye with Motion Control is gonna be sweet.

I'm not sold on it to be honest, to be fair that was a fairly generic trailer for it. Guess I'll see it with gameplay

There are many, many tech demos for the Nintendo 3DS at Nintendo's booth, both on the floor and off. One of the more surprising of the tech demos was something called "Classic Games." In this interactive but nonplayable demo, you could cycle through 18 different pixel-perfect NES and Super NES games and see them reprocessed in 3D.

Basically, all the sprites and backgrounds have been pulled forward or pushed backwards to provide the appropriate illusion of depth using the stereoscopic LCD of the system. It's obviously a proof of concept to show that you can bring back the classics in a whole new way: in 3D.

The list of games in this collection included Mario Bros., Tennis, Super Mario Bros. The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Musasame, Punch-Out!!, Excitebike, NES Open Golf, Twin Bee, Super Mario World, Kirby's Adventure, Mega Man 2, Castlevania, Urban Champ, Kid Icarus, Yoshi's Island, and Smash Ping Pong.

To be honest, it was fun to see the added depth. Bald Bull's bulging bicep coming out of the rest of his body, or Tennis's classic perspective drifting off into the distance. It worked. And even if you just want to play standard flat 2D NES games, just slide the 3D effect off on the switch.

^^

Haha just watching an interview with Kojima, apparently when they showed him the 3DS they didn't tell him about it and then just said to switch the 3d switch, he did then was like WTF that's 3D!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back