3DS confirmed titles

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
All confirmed franchises that are getting the 3DS treatment

Animal Crossing
Mario Kart
Paper Mario
Pilotwings
Starfox (remake of 64)
Steel driver

HEAVILY rumoured Ocarina of Time 3D

Non nintendo games:

DJ Hero
Sims 3
Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle
Ridge Racer
Kingdom Hearts
Dead or Alive
Samurai Warriors
Battle of Giants
Hollywood 61
Codename: Chocobo racing
Super Street Fighter IV 3D
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Ghost Recon

Oh and:

Kid Icarus, Nintendogs, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil

Animal Crossing
Mario Kart
Paper Mario
Pilotwings
Starfox (remake of 64)
Steel driver

HEAVILY rumoured Ocarina of Time 3D
Just with these titles, is there any chance this isn't the greatest Handheld system of all time?

Non nintendo games:

DJ Hero
Sims 3
Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle
Ridge Racer
Kingdom Hearts
Dead or Alive
Samurai Warriors
Battle of Giants
Hollywood 61
Codename: Chocobo racing
Super Street Fighter IV 3D
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Ghost Recon
Madden NFL
FIFA Soccer

OK, so now it is definitely the greatest handheld of all time.
Oh and:

Kid Icarus, Nintendogs, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil
OK, now it very well may become the greatest SYSTEM of all time. Is there ANYTHING the system won't have, besides Halo and God of War, the first of which is the most overrated series of all time?

I know I missed Madden, I was just going with the list they posted on the official website.

There was also a Batman game mentioned.

Introducing the Nintendo 3DS system.

Size (when closed):
Approximately 5.3 inches wide, 2.9 inches long, 0.8 inches tall.
Weight:
Approximately 8 ounces.
Look:
Final design is TBA.
Top Screen:
3.53-inch widescreen LCD display, enabling 3D view without the need for special glasses; with 800x240 pixel resolution (400 pixels are allocated for each eye to enable 3D viewing).
Touch Screen:
3.02-inch LCD with 320x240 pixel resolution with a touch screen.
Cameras:
One inner camera and two outer cameras with 640x480 (0.3 Mega) pixel resolution.
Pre-Installed Software:
TBA
Nintendo 3DS Game Card:
2 GB Max. at launch.
Wireless Communication:
Can communicate in the 2.4 GHz band. Multiple Nintendo 3DS systems can connect via a local wireless connection to let users communicate or enjoy competitive game play. Systems also can connect to LAN access points to access the Internet and allow people to enjoy games with others. Will support IEEE 802.11 with enhanced security (WPA/WPA2). Nintendo 3DS hardware is designed so that even when not in use, it can automatically exchange data with other Nintendo 3DS systems or receive data via the Internet while in sleep mode.

Game Controls:
Touch screen, embedded microphone, A/B/X/Y face buttons, + Control Pad, L/R buttons, Start and Select buttons, "Slide Pad" that allows 360-degree analog input, one inner camera, two outer cameras, motion sensor and a gyro sensor.

Other Input Controls:
3D Depth Slider to adjust level of 3D effect (can be scaled back or turned off completely depending on the preference of the user), Home button to call system function, Wireless switch to turn off wireless communications (even during game play), Power button. The telescoping stylus is approximately 4 inches when fully extended.

Input/Output:
A port that accepts both Nintendo 3DS game cards and game cards for the Nintendo DS™ family of systems, an SD memory card slot, an AC adapter connector, a charging cradle terminal and a stereo headphone output jack.

Sound:
Stereo speakers positioned to the left and right of the top screen.

Battery:
Lithium ion battery details TBA.

Languages:
TBA

Parental Controls:
Parental controls similar to the Nintendo DSi system will be included.

Animal Crossing
Mario Kart
Paper Mario
Pilotwings
Starfox (remake of 64)
Steel driver

And you laughed at the Xbox games announcement. Starfox and Mario Kart are the only decent games there, the rest 'like I've always said' is for the kids.

The Starfox 64 game was probably the greatest game made for it outside of Goldeneye and Mario 64. Had plenty of enjoyment playing that. As for Mario Kart, it has to be better than the 64 version and much much better than the DS version.

These weren't even shown at E3, this was the list they posted after.

Go play with skittles

And you laughed at the Xbox games announcement. Starfox and Mario Kart are the only decent games there, the rest 'like I've always said' is for the kids.

The Starfox 64 game was probably the greatest game made for it outside of Goldeneye and Mario 64. Had plenty of enjoyment playing that. As for Mario Kart, it has to be better than the 64 version and much much better than the DS version.

1. you obviously don't know what you're talking about. Paper Mario is far from a kids game, it's a fucking Mario game. not taking itself seriously =/= kids game. And have we seen a Pilotwings since the SNES game, which was a masterpiece supposedly (I never played it)?

2. Mario Kart is always awesome. It is just varying degrees of awesome.

3. Lee laughed (as did I) at he X-Box announcement because all the games were childish kiddie games that people laughed at Nintendo for showing a couple years ago. I won't say the games won't be pretty good, but they seem to be copies of old stuff done by nintendo.
Kinectimals = Nintendogs
Kinect Sports = Wii Sports (and the track game for NES that had the mat you ran in place on, which I had 20 years ago)
Kinect Kart Racer (or whatever it was called) = Mario Kart, without the Mario license.

And all the 3rd party games were insanely non-childish. Metal Gear Solid, Saints Row, etc. Typical Anti-Nintendo bullshit.

Why does Grand Theft Auto get left out in the cold? No Vice City for Wii so far and now this? Yes, I am a mega gta mark. I just hope rockstar brings GTA to the 3DS and Wii soon.

There was a pilotwings on the 64 ;)

Yeah, I honestly don't remember anything about Pilotwings. I never got into the original, and never even played the 64 one. Hence why I forgot about it.

More importantly, did they say anything about when it is coming out? I didn't think so, but I might have missed it when I was busy jizzing all over the place because of that rundown of 3rd party titles.

The 3DS sounds awesome. Mario Kart games are always fun, Super Street Fighter 4 3D will be great.... I'm also really looking forward to the Starfox 64 remake, I loved the original. Will this thing be backwards compatible with regular DS games? My odds of buying it would skyrocket if that's the case!

EDIT: Never mind, it looks like that has been confirmed. I'm getting one!!!!

Input/Output:
A port that accepts both Nintendo 3DS game cards and game cards for the Nintendo DS™ family of systems, an SD memory card slot, an AC adapter connector, a charging cradle terminal and a stereo headphone output jack.

I'm guessing backwards compatability is confirmed.

The 3DS sounds awesome. Mario Kart games are always fun, Super Street Fighter 4 3D will be great.... I'm also really looking forward to the Starfox 64 remake, I loved the original. Will this thing be backwards compatible with regular DS games? My odds of buying it would skyrocket if that's the case!

Yes, yes, 100x yes. You can turn the 3D thing off, it actually has a depth guage because people see 3D differently. So just to clarify it IS backwards compatible.

Why does Grand Theft Auto get left out in the cold? No Vice City for Wii so far and now this? Yes, I am a mega gta mark. I just hope rockstar brings GTA to the 3DS and Wii soon.

After Chinatown wars it is very likely

Yeah, I honestly don't remember anything about Pilotwings. I never got into the original, and never even played the 64 one. Hence why I forgot about it.

More importantly, did they say anything about when it is coming out? I didn't think so, but I might have missed it when I was busy jizzing all over the place because of that rundown of 3rd party titles.

Pilotwings is a pretty damn good game, I watched the interview with Miyamoto and he says the likes of that and starfox in 3D will be easier to loop into the rings.

They didn't announce a release date, I imagine that will be announced at the Tokyo show in September, but it's obviously ready.

Also the fact it has a 3D camera is awesome.

a 3D camera isn't that impressive. all it means is that there are 2 cameras which provide different perspectives linked to the screen. the impressive thing is that it can display it without the need for 3D glasses.

a 3D camera isn't that impressive. all it means is that there are 2 cameras which provide different perspectives linked to the screen. the impressive thing is that it can display it without the need for 3D glasses.

So a 3D camera isn't impressive. Where is yours? And lord knows your 3D camera must have cost thousands of dollars, and you likely need stupid looking glasses to make it work. This 3D camera will likely cost under 250 (I can't see Nintendo selling a handheld for more then that), and you don't need to look like a fool. Hence it's impressive as all hell.

Allow me to explain why a 3D Camera is not that impressive. The technology behind it is as simple as anything. Like i say, you just put two cameras very close together and viola, you have the makings of a 3D camera. The two cameras each provide a different perspective, which is how our own eyes work.

The difficult thing is making the two 2D images into one 3D image. In order for it to work, you've got to send the one image to each eye. Normally this is done with filters in the 3D glasses we all know and love either with two different colours (normally red and blue), or with polarised lenses (which I cannot be arsed to explain the science behind). So to make the image 3D without the glasses is an impressive feat. Certainly more impressive than the 3D camera which has been used as a gimmick in films for some time.

The 3D camera is still a gimmick, incidentally. They've got a 3D screen, and as it isn't rocket science to add another camera to the back of the screen (which was going to have a camera anyway, per the DSi) and then use the admitedly impressive screen to produce a 3D image. So, yeah you have a 3D camera. what are you going to do with the 3D image though?

Allow me to explain why a 3D Camera is not that impressive. The technology behind it is as simple as anything. Like i say, you just put two cameras very close together and viola, you have the makings of a 3D camera. The two cameras each provide a different perspective, which is how our own eyes work.

The difficult thing is making the two 2D images into one 3D image. In order for it to work, you've got to send the one image to each eye. Normally this is done with filters in the 3D glasses we all know and love either with two different colours (normally red and blue), or with polarised lenses (which I cannot be arsed to explain the science behind). So to make the image 3D without the glasses is an impressive feat. Certainly more impressive than the 3D camera which has been used as a gimmick in films for some time.

If the idea of having a 3D camera is so mundane and easy, then why the hell did it take until 2010 for someone to do it? No one ever made one, and never at a reasonable price. Hence it isn't as easy as you make it out to be.

I know it COULD have been done, but it never WAS done before now. Hence the impressiveness of it.

3D film cameras have existed since the fucking 50s. What sort of cameras do you think they were filmed on?

The impressive thing is the screen that makes it possible to display 3D images. Nothing else about the 3D camera is revolutionary.

Yeah but come on, a 3D camera on a handheld console is brilliant. I expect sharp will have one on their phone when it's unveiled.

I dont know if its going to be good or bad...im going to wait and see what happens but some times i think that 3d is very over rated.

Even if you don't like 3d, you can't knock the fact that it's a handheld with at least GC graphics. Read any preview of it online from people who played it today, it is looking good.

Not really Lee. They were likely going to put a camera on the back anyway, and all it takes for it to be a ZOMG AWESOME 3D camera is a second one in close proximity. That is hardly a spectacular development in the history of handhelds.

Especially considering that it's a technique roughly as old as radiography.

Ya i see what your saying lee. I may do some looking into it
There is a 3d wii game out right now i may check into that

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back