21 Kingdom Hearts -v - Treasure Island Dizzy 108

?

• KH

• Treasure Island Dizzy

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
Kingdom_Hearts.jpg

Before Mario Link et al there was Dizzy, the true hero for British gamers. Before Dizzy there was Micky Mouse. What happens when these two games battle? Only you can decide!

Treasure_Island_Dizzy_Coverart.png

Kingdom Hearts.

As someone who loves Disney and loves Final Fantasy, this game was like a dream come true. It was simple enough in game play that anyone with enough motor skills to use a PS2 control can play and at the same the story was deep enough that even the most jaded video gamer could get sucked in. Don't let those cute and loveable Disney characters fool ya, there are some boss battles in this one that will make you throw your control (either in anger or glee for FINALLY beating them). Like I said in the hype thread, I don't think it is as good as the sequel by any means, but I still enjoy watching my niece's face light up when she go "Hey look! Look! That's [Disney character]!"

Damn you Walt Disney and your love for making kids happy. haha

Kingdom Hearts was a game that my mom bought me one year for my birthday, just because it had disney on it and it was on PS2. I never heard of it before then, and really didn't want to play it because I automatically thought Disney=little kids. The only reason why I gave it a shot was because I noticed the Square-soft on it, which sounded a lot like square-enix, which I knew made the final fantasy games I played. It's one decision I'm glad I made because it turned out to be one of my favorite games at that time, minus some minor aspects of it.

Square Soft was Square Enix before Square and Enix joined together. Just a little history for you Hustle.

Anyways, Dizzy has a huge chance to upset KH here. Dizzy is a classic game but that may hurt it. Most of the voters probably have never even heard of it. Kingdom Hearts also has massive appeal to the younger generation because it uses Disney characters regularly. If Kingdom Hearts wins, it won't be because it's the better game. It will only win because nearly every voter has never even heard of the system Dizzy was on let alone the game itself.

I am a huge Kingdom Hearts fan but Dizzy is a fantastic game. I'm attempting to put personal bias aside in this tournament so i'll wait to hear some arguments before voting.

Dizzy > Mario

Dizzy basically took the Mario games which are quite basic and added characters, humour, interesting level design and puzzles. Kingdom Hearts? It's OK but even the addition of Final Fantasy characters doesn't bring it anywhere near to the platforming brilliance of the Dizzy Egg series.

I'm going to be honest as this is the first time I've ever heard of Dizzy and while I'm sure it's a good game seeing how it's compared to Mario but I'm definitely not voting it over Kingdom Hearts. This is a game that took freaking Disney characters and made a remarkable game that most RPG fans hold as one of their favorites of all time. Not only does it host a perfect blend of the humorous Disney world and drama filled Final Fantasy world, but it provides great gameplay from exploring the perfect renditions of Disney worlds, inventive battle techniques to destroy the Heartless, and a host of mini games like the Trinity mark hunts, finding the 101 Dalmatians, Olympic Colosseum tornaments, and the Gummi Ships. Plus, you get to fight alongside Donald Duck and Goofy.

Reactions: Lee
I'm going to be honest as this is the first time I've ever heard of Dizzy and while I'm sure it's a good game seeing how it's compared to Mario but I'm definitely not voting it over Kingdom Hearts. This is a game that took freaking Disney characters and made a remarkable game that most RPG fans hold as one of their favorites of all time. Not only does it host a perfect blend of the humorous Disney world and drama filled Final Fantasy world, but it provides great gameplay from exploring the perfect renditions of Disney worlds, inventive battle techniques to destroy the Heartless, and a host of mini games like the Trinity mark hunts, finding the 101 Dalmatians, Olympic Colosseum tornaments, and the Gummi Ships. Plus, you get to fight alongside Donald Duck and Goofy.

Shame, it's a fantastic game. Seeing that I still haven't voted yet is really a credit to Dizzy because i'm such a huge fan of Kingdom Hearts. In fact, I hold Kingdom Hearts 2 as my favorite game of all time. I've been contemplating on who to vote for since I got home and i'm going to go with Kingdom Hearts. Dizzy was one of my five games I chose to save but it got a tough draw in the first round. As much as I love Dizzy, I can't vote against Kingdom Hearts right now. So, yea i'm going to go for Kingdom Hearts in what may be my toughest decision in the tournament.

I have to go with Kingdom Hearts for that fact that it was so much better than its opposition. I will be the first person to say that Dizzy: Treasure Island had quite good graphics for its time and that the music was as catchy as anything. But it was just little things that really expose the flaws of the game being made in such a less technological age. Why do you only have one life before you have to go back and start it all over? You should be able to beat not just this title, but any title, without having to dig up cheats. And that's really what digs its grave, a long with the fact that it got an awful draw. One more thing though, why was this Dizzy game voted in? At least go with one of the later ones, where the makers could at least make up for a least a few things. But being the first in the series and first game for the Amiga just did it in, now she we talk about the sheer awesomeness of the Disney character riddled game in front of it? It was a daring and risky idea first of all. You couldn't really compare it to anything else because what else had ever even attempted to include characters like Donald Duck and Goofy? Zero. Dizzy was a clear rehash of the Mario games before it, and while they may have added some fresh components, well, I've got a metaphor. You can't dress up a pig, compare it to a pig in the same family, and say that it's a totally different pig because it's been decorated. It's still a disgusting, dirty and dirt loving animal. But that's what ultimately happened with the game, while KOH took huge steps away from its counterparts, something even harder to do when RPGs still accounted for a good amount of video games, even then. Is there really much else to argue about? The breathtaking yet cheerfully colorful graphics, the way the difficulty purposely rises up on you as you play, it all adds up to something that you can't help but vote for. I love Disney, I love RPG's and I may be biased, but who can resist that?

What a one sided match this will be. Kingdom Hearts wins here easily. How can you not like the combined forces of Square Enix and Disney? I'll take that over Treasure Island Dizzy anyday. Kingdom Hearts has my vote because it's so much better in every way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back