2014 NFL Draft

Paul Bunyan's Axe

Occasional Pre-Show
Two days until the NFL Draft. Anybody excites for it? Who do you want your favorite team to take? Who will go first overall? Discuss here.

Totally excited for the Draft since we get some football. I'm curious as to the following:

1) There have been so many rumors surrounding what the Texans will do with the top pick. I see them going with Clowney but rumors are always interesting when the Draft rolls around; and

2) Johnny Football, where will he go? Does he get drafted by the Browns at 4 as rumored or does some team lose their mind and trade way up in the draft to take a guy that could be great, or a bust?

About friggin' time. The local sports talk radio folks have run this Texans number 1 pick talk into the ground so far it's lodged somewhere in the Earth's mantle. Here we go.

According to Ray Lewis, the Texans need an IMPACT PLAYER. It's just too bad Christian Cage isn't in the draft this year

I'll be glad that we don't have to sit through Kiper and McShay doing their 294 mock drafts a day now. I've had it explained to me a million times, but I'll never understand how draft orders can change a million times after their college careers are over.

Now comes the Rams and I can't wait to see who they get considering they have two picks this round and in fairly nice places.

Gruden's acting as if all linemen don't hold all the time. Robinson should be less blatant about it, but I don't think it'll be as big a deal as Chucky is making it out to be.

Surprised by the Browns trade but I guess I like it. I was buying into the Watkins hype but if they get quality at 9 then the picks next year will definitely make it all valuable.

I would have rather had the Lions go defense and take a guy like Ha Ha but I'm ok with Eric Ebron. Pettigrew is basically a glorified OL at this point and Fauria is a one dimensional red zone guy. Ebron has a chance to be a special playmaker and the Lions can still get a solid DB in round 2 or 3 as the position is deep this year.

As soon as it was announced that the Saints traded up, Cooks was the man I wanted. I couldn't be happier right now with that selection.

I forgot to say that its going to be weird now that the Browns will join the small list of teams that ESPN covers way too much. Manziel is their new Tebow.

Based off what the commentators are saying about him, not sure how I feel about this Roby guy Denver just took. But they do need a stronger defense so hopefully this pick pans out and gives them another good defender.

They kinda shit on Roby in the end there but he's a solid guy, with some mentoring from the vets on the team and learning the way they do things in Denver he should be solid. Not an easy spot to step into post Champ Bailey but nobody is expecting him to replace him so he'll be just fine.

Got sidetracked unfortunately, but I'm happy with my team's pick of CJ Mosley, although I thought they might go for Ha Ha Clinton-Dix. And the Brownies got their Johnny Football. I look forward to T-Sizzle making his acquaintance.

Yeah, I don't think there's any way I'm not boarding the Johnny Cleveland hype train. I'm so ready for this. Please be good, Johnny.

Glad to see Jimmie Ward going in the first round, especially to a team like the 49ers. He should do very well in the pros

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back